Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd
Hirpis the Burning Passion is a pro-tier autogenerated Mercenary name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd
Has anyone done comparisons on ideal boat lieutenants for both combat and stats? Or does everyone just cleave all day every day? Feels easier the latter way.

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd
(XB1) Going to call BS on the whole +dmg to Spartan/Athenian weapon mods.

I have two weapons equipped - each with +24% dmg to Spartan/Athenian Soldiers - yet my stat sheet shows nothing of the sort. In-combat doesnt feel or seem that different either.

Whats the value of a stat sheet when it contradicts expectations?

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd
I am really appreciating the weapon-specific engravings that require you to use said weapon type to unlock.

I feel so remorseful for playing 95% of the game as sword only. Dear lord the heavy weapons are fun.

Charged heavy attack waiting around a corner is so much more fun than sneak assassinations.

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd

exquisite tea posted:

Any heavy blunt weapon with the engraving that gives -1 Adrenaline to Overpower is hilariously OP. Two little love taps and you're ready to go 9-iron some polemarch malakes off the stage of history.

On this note, its really a shame that the game doesnt go into GTA levels of statkeeping. 'Longest Kick/Clubbing' would absorb easily 20 more hours of entertainment.

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd
Im really confused by this orichalum quest to kill 15 spartans with a torch. Tried by tossing like 50 at one and no counter increase.

How do?

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd

Saxophone posted:

I accidentally did the Ares rage kill with a torch out and laughed my rear end off. You're just loving dudes up with a torch and it's amazing.

Go figure. Light attacks only, otherwise you drop the torch.

Wierd challenge.

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd
This game is the best and has ruined my instincts for others.

Played Payday2 and saw an alerted enemy about 50ft under a bridge and got excited to facestomp them.

But no...physics.

AC is great. Has anyone started up Black Flag after Odyssey? I miss those wild jungle explorations.

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Got this game for Christmas and I’ve been loving it. It’s literally “be gay do crimes” the game.

Kassandra giving all the Greek ladies calf cramps — and some of the men!

New thread title nomination. So accurate.

Be Gay, Do Crimes.

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd
My hephaisto's workshop seems to have disappeared from the map on xb1. Anyone else have this issue?

Edit: nm i apparently didnt zoom in enough

jbusbysack fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Apr 6, 2019

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd

Zaphod42 posted:

This has been bothering me, and I wish it would let you know ahead of time if someone can't be recruited so I'd just kill them.

But then I realized recruiting dudes is mostly useless after you have a few anyways so just kill people.

Also, the teabagging XP exploit got fixed recently, so there is 0 reason to let anyone live, ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd

Alchenar posted:

AC has historically had a mix of DLC and the difference between the good and the bad is the good is generally taking the opportunity to experiment with some novel gameplay to see if its worth carrying into the next game.

e: I would say that the Jotunheim roguelike dlc is of the good kind except a) Valhalla's combat model is easy and boring and b) if you tack a roguelike on top of a game that is already bloated and bland I'm just not going to play it no matter how good it might be.

I fully agree with you. To me it seems like DLCs are both auditions for smaller / branch - studios along with gauging new game models.

The biggest example i can point to is say the experience of France vs Druids (Ireland) vs Jotunheim vs the Roguelike experience in Valhalla.

I would only play 2 of the 4 ever again.