Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

So is there a mega thread for Assassin's Creed? I have some questions and I'm not sure if this is the best thread for it or if there's a better one. They are Assassin's Creed related but not Origins related.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khy
Aug 15, 2005

So I decided to catch up on some of the older Assassin's Creed games that I hadn't previously played. Specifically, Assassin's Creed Unity. Since when it came out it was plagued with all the bugs and everybody was just really meh about it I gave it a pass at the time.

So I went ahead and picked it up just to complete the story and I've been playing, but a few things are kind of not making a whole lot of sense. Specifically, Arno seems to have the ability to see his targets memories. But they never really address why he's able to do so. I mean he actually flat out says when I was looking at so-and-so's memories they didn't make sense. So it's not just the player being treated to extra information, it's actually portrayed in the game. Do they ever actually address this later on in the story or anything?

Also, I hear really great things about the murder mysteries. I've done the two that are on the little central island and they're fun enough. The thing is, despite going up in synchronizing it all the drat Towers I can't find any more of the Mysteries. Do you have to unlock them through the story or something?

I haven't really run into many bugs, and the story seems okay enough. I love the setting and the town, the era choice is definitely fun so I just presume that most of the glitches bugs and other things that people were making GBS threads on the game about have probably just been patched out by now.

Although gently caress co-op being required to earn all the skills and weapons and poo poo.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Kuiperdolin posted:

No, can't remember, there were never that many bugs unless you played with outdated gpu drivers, the co-op missions are playable solo once you git gud (with one exception, the general Dumas one).

I've done two co-op missions and one heist solo.

They're not undoable but some bits are particularly frustrating, especially if you're trying to get all the sync points to unlock skills. One bit that stands out was trying to find and kill all 3 templar snipers at the hanging; I ended up having to redo that section three times because it was timed and I was trying to get the sync point in the nearby hotel.

I thought being restricted to hidden blade only for assassination missions would be annoying but I find it makes me think harder and put more effort into planning my kills than previous games have. I've become quite methodical about clearing out enemies, getting into position, patiently waiting for my target to get in range... it takes me three to four times as long as in previous games but it's very worthwhile to get the feeling of satisfaction for accomplishing a perfect kill and then slipping away undetected.