Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Reportedly over a million people travelled to Charleston, SC this weekend for the eclipse and paid out the rear end for hotels and everything else.

Current forecast for this afternoon: Thunderstorms

Sarkazm
Sep 26, 2008

Not your father's Sarkazmobile.
The Dunkin Donuts on base at Miramar will make you an eclipse viewer

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
It won't be long before my prayers to the sun devourer will be answered. I hope you assholes are ready for a thousand years of night.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Went up to Casper, WY to see it.

The drive there yesterday was fine, about 3.5 hours.

The drive back was something like 8.5 hours.

All for an amazing and yet short two minutes.

GO AHEAD SOMEONE MAKE A PREMATURE :gizz: JOKE, YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO

I didn't bring Waldo because it was with friends and I didn't want to be too weird by whipping out an AK in the middle of a city during a solar eclipse.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I went to Dinosaur National Monument saturday with a friend that flew in. Camped on BLM land south of the monument, only neighbors were cows. Drove up to Grand Teton saturday, all their camp sites were topped out, so we went back south of Jackson to Hoback campground (awesome place) and pitched camp in their overflow. Woke up this morning and talked to a few people, nice couple from England, an older guy from SLC, and some crazy hippies from Montana. Clear skies, right along the Hoback river, about a minute and a half of totality.

Frank got around nicely and took pets from all givers.

Worth it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Drove about 7 hrs to roughly Weisel, ID. Saw the totality. loving owned. Got a couple of pictures that are probably out of focus because I suck at manual focus. Took a pic with my phone but it just looks like a picture of the loving sun, so that's awesome. Took 2.5 hrs to drive 30 miles on a US highway, then traffic started to open up...about a 9 hr drive by the end.

Worth it.

Gonna see the 2024 eclipse too.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I need to see totality in 2024, I really regret not getting down to oregon for it this year.

It was still dope as hell and eerie when the sun went on a dimmer for a half hour, though

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The final seconds before totality it goes dark FAST. People say everything is eerie, and they're absolutely right. At first the dimming sneaks up on you, but then it drops off real drat quick.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
couldn't get off work and we were about a mile north of the path of totality

definitely taking off for 2024 way in advance

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Damnit I really wanted that to be a real tweet.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I got about 82% coverage. 18% sunlight is still a lot of light, but it was noticeably cooler and perceptibly darker. I did manage to get a decent photo of the eclipse with my phone by putting my eclipse glasses over the lens and mucking about with a third party camera app that let me manually focus and stuff.

The path of totality for the next total eclipse goes over my brother's house, so I'll be staying with him in 2024.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'll be somewhere in the Shawnee National Forest for the next one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I'll be somewhere in the Shawnee National Forest for the next one.

Same, my buddy had a campsite there this year but I couldn't get off work :(

• Locked thread