Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Squizzle posted:

something about mobilizing voters but neglecting pennsylvania labor, and its a pun on patlabor??? idk im an ideas man

Patlabor, but everyone is Ota and the AV-98's are replaced with actual US Military Robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

not everyone can be ota, we dont have that much spectrum available you goober!!!

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Squizzle posted:

not everyone can be ota, we dont have that much spectrum available you goober!!!

Replace the captain with Joe Arpaio and/or Steven Segal.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

*puts finger to earpiece* im being told......yes, im being told that "ota" did NOT mean over the air, and that....one moment.......yes, and furthermore that im a....im being told here that im a big dumb idiot w soft baby brains full of worms and stupidism....yes.....all right, more on this story as it develops. in the meantime, heres harry "tornado" schwengert w the weather

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Squizzle posted:

menschinger z

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
gently caress, Great Kissinger would've been a perfect model for the last theme.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Squizzle posted:

*puts finger to earpiece* im being told......yes, im being told that "ota" did NOT mean over the air, and that....one moment.......yes, and furthermore that im a....im being told here that im a big dumb idiot w soft baby brains full of worms and stupidism....yes.....all right, more on this story as it develops. in the meantime, heres harry "tornado" schwengert w the weather

I did think it was uncharitable of you to call Ota autistic.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Mecha Gojira posted:

gently caress, Great Kissinger would've been a perfect model for the last theme.

kiss playinger

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It turns out the Barzam's weird design means that it doesn't break down into easy to paint sub assemblies

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I regret buying a Barzam. It is a terrible, ugly robot.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

owned

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Gundam ordered! This is going to look awesome or stupid, hopefully both.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

same and same

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have a new, better idea. It's gonna be really good.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Guy Goodbody posted:

wow, way to besmirch my good friend

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

take it back!!!!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Usually building a Gunpla makes me like that suit even more, as I see all the little details. Bu in this case seeing all the details made me hate the Barzam even more. Where are there so many flaps on the legs? What is the point of the wrists being articulated to turn in slightly?

I am abandoning that foolish project, and have purchased a much better Gundam

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I'm not from in here but I bought robot Dong Zhuo and I'm gonna try to make him shiny and pretty and maybe also a diorama??

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

The Gundam Griepe? Interesting choice, trying to imagine what historical civ this would be part of:

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Guy Goodbody posted:

Usually building a Gunpla makes me like that suit even more, as I see all the little details. Bu in this case seeing all the details made me hate the Barzam even more. Where are there so many flaps on the legs? What is the point of the wrists being articulated to turn in slightly?

The wrists turn inwards because the beam sabers are stored in the forearms. They're just not the beam sabers you can put in his hands because of scale issues...

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Blackchamber posted:

The Gundam Griepe? Interesting choice, trying to imagine what historical civ this would be part of:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Mecha Gojira posted:

The wrists turn inwards because the beam sabers are stored in the forearms. They're just not the beam sabers you can put in his hands because of scale issues...

i trhought beam soldiers were stored in the ballz

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

punchymcpunch posted:

i trhought beam soldiers were stored in the ballz

The technical term is Minovsky Particle.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have finished priming the wing assembly of the Gundam Griepe.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mikeycp posted:

I'm not from in here but I bought robot Dong Zhuo and I'm gonna try to make him shiny and pretty and maybe also a diorama??

good luck friendo, as long as you follow thru yr only options are glowing success or extremely funny failure!!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

really you have no choices that are not entertaining

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
it'll be my first attempt at metallic paints, so we'll see how that goes!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I've never gunpla'd before but I wanted to share.

Found this at the salvation army for 6$. Ho hum right. Nope, 1999 made in Japan. Cool. A 19 year old japanese toy for only 6$.

It even came in the original plastic

Also came with a mini manga

And some sort of mailing letter or club

Google tells me this might be worth like 50$ on eBay but idgaf, it's my first gundam

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Welcome to Gunpla!

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I keep on meaning to go to op shops here but what are the odds really I'll find something other than a dope smoking jacket or some burgundy corduroy pants.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Since I missed the Nixon challenge, what ancient Empire would work well with a Grimoire?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MonsieurChoc posted:

Since I missed the Nixon challenge, what ancient Empire would work well with a Grimoire?

ancient egypt

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

the head shape looks vaguely turkic or persian to me so just split the difference and try seljuq

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Puddin posted:

It's Vallejo model air 72.755 polished gold. It is indeed very good looking.

It's super thin however and needs a good 6 or 7 layers over a nice solid black.

I finally put this tip to work:

I tried game colour polished gold first and it was real bad hand painting it on, this game air paint is a million times better.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

punchymcpunch posted:

I tried game colour polished gold first and it was real bad hand painting it on, this game air paint is a million times better.

Looks awesome!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I painted the wings!

they're gray

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
pattern test

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I'm having doubts my Dong Zhou is gonna get here in time, so I'm gonna take the stickers off my old Lu Bu and paint him up instead/in addition to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

punchymcpunch posted:

why's his hand a ghost

• Locked thread