Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Most people know Crispin Glover as that guy who turned down the second Back To the Future movie. You probably also know that he brought a industry-altering lawsuit largely seen as a moral victory for actors. He's been holding out on some major details of what happened with the shooting script ending to which he strongly objected enough for them to shoot a different ending, saying for decades it was about the ending theme of money as reward and leaving it at that, once or twice saying something about the biggest problem being a different character replacing Biff.

With the advent of the internet, BTTF fans began to have even more incentive to find, post and reveal what it was that was so bad Crispin Glover was ready to walk. This information was quietly posted on Futurepedia, a wiki probably not read by very many people.

Futurepedia posted:

When Marty returns to 1985, the McFly family has a maid, named "Bertha" who asks George, "When will the new house be ready, sir?" (the answer is "as soon as they finish painting the tennis court and re-tiling the swimming pool")

Now Bob Gale putting in a maid that could have easily been one of the family members jobs' from their lives at the beginning of the movie would have made the ending a little more embarrassing wealth-worship getting in the way of a man standing up for himself and becoming a career writer who encourages his son.

However, based on the American historical depiction of maids named Bertha, if it turns out that Gale wrote a black Tom and Jerry mammy stereotype maid into the shooting script, I think that's a hilariously poor decision that will at the very least make for some awkward moments at conventions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

am i crazy or does the first part of this post not make any sense? crispin glover was in bttf2.. im sure of it

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

trying to jack off posted:

am i crazy or does the first part of this post not make any sense? crispin glover was in bttf2.. im sure of it

I think they used clips from 1 and used another actor for the long shots.

Also Jennifer was a different actress too I believe.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I think they used clips from 1 and used another actor for the long shots.

Also Jennifer was a different actress too I believe.

They were both the same actors.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

They were both the same actors.

Nope. They used Crispin's voice without asking him, and used a mold of his face for makeup on a different actor, which is what lead him to suing them and changing how stuff like that works in the movie industry.

Also they changed her actress.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

GonSmithe posted:

Nope. They used Crispin's voice without asking him, and used a mold of his face for makeup on a different actor, which is what lead him to suing them and changing how stuff like that works in the movie industry.

I'm pretty sure he lost the case too, but it set up a president.

The spell check on my phone didn't catch it so Im going with it.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

GonSmithe posted:

It's actually Crispin Glover in both movies.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

It's actually Crispin Glover in both movies.

You know I went back and watched it, you're right. Sorry.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
It's Crispin Glover

Edit: wait. What the deuce? No it isn't!

Edit 2: Well I know for sure it's him now.

Edit 3: He got away again

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

It's actually a lot worse how the whole Glover thing went. While some outtakes from 1 were used, other parts used actor Jeffrey Weissman. He had trouble getting work afterward because he was looked as a scab and it pretty much hosed up his life. His main appearance was being suspended upside-down with creepy makeup. I don't even think he was credited.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

you just blew a bunch of people's minds, OP. i've only seen the first movie so i was spared

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pneub posted:

I'm pretty sure he lost the case too, but it set up a president.

President: Some one set us up the bomb lol

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Glover was also calling for more equal pay since he had drat near equal screen time as MJF in the first movie. They pretty much told him to eat a dick, which combined with his issues with the script, lead to him backing out of part 2. Or at least he's said as much on a few podcasts over the years.

Dude is definitely a little odd, but can't fault him for sticking to his principles and walking away.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Inspector 34 posted:

Glover was also calling for more equal pay since he had drat near equal screen time as MJF in the first movie. They pretty much told him to eat a dick, which combined with his issues with the script, lead to him backing out of part 2. Or at least he's said as much on a few podcasts over the years.

Dude is definitely a little odd, but can't fault him for sticking to his principles and walking away.

They resolved the pay dispute. Crispin Glover is in both movies.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
River's Edge rules.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
crispin glover is only in the third one.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

ol yeller posted:

Stephen Kings Glasses

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ol yeller posted:

He replaced Mary Steenburgen for the second half of the movie when she got injured during filming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
They did not replace Glover for the second movie, they replaced MJF with Jason Batemen.

• Locked thread