Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
The nice thing about a dedicated supsup patreon thread is it means both threads are entirely black box free. Or Jeffery could advance us to the forums technology of 2001 and give us hidden spoiler sections instead of just blacked out, that would be nice too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

Wittgen posted:

"People are talking about something that I don't want to talk about. That's bad and they should go elsewhere." I have a hard time reading this impulse in any other way. If there are so many posts about one thing that it takes up whole pages, then yeah. It's pushing other conversations out and needs its own thread. That's not happening here. There's people talking about a variety of stories on every page.

Spoilered posts are very visible and thus very easy to skip. So just skip them and post about what you want to post about. If you instead complain about how it sucks that people are using the space to talk about something you personally don't want to talk about, I think that's silly.

You made this post on page 427. Page 426 has 30 SupSup posts, and page 425 is only SupSup posts. This is not an uncommon sight lately, at all

I don't think making separate thread is a particularly good idea when I don't think people will spool up other discussions in the absence of SupSup talk, but assigning motivations to other people when you don't even have the facts right is petty poo poo. Silly and sullen, even

Ramie fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 25, 2024

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

i would like to click on the thread when there are unread posts and not feel like there's an 80% chance they will all be about a story i am actively disinterested in. if that makes me silly and sullen then i'm silly and sullen

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

There is now a Patreon SupSup thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4059389

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Nice, thank you.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:cheers:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Currently reading through the back half of Worth The Candle

Dump your social stats, Shinji

Also a little annoyed at how everyone knows that the world harshly punishes if people do a trick to become long term overpowered and then everyone in the party and the protag goes "wow! you're temporarily overpowered! What if we made this indefinite with a little trick?". Usually, there would be people chiming in about how do we avoid creating great harm and spending page after page discussing the possibilities but there's relatively little to none. It feels bad, like the author wanted to show off this setting element and forced it through.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Pale LIghts Book 2 Chapter 5

Angharad, you've been on the island for mere hours, and already you have made a lifelong enemy of one of the most powerful families in the Watch by defeating an aspiring swordmaster lordling with a butter knife and all but agreed to steal something from the Black Cloaks to give to the queen who killed your whole family, without even considering if she's lying.

Girl, please, I beg you.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

finally

Megazver posted:

does anyone want to restart the exciting and fruitful "SS-posters should at this point just do their own thread" discussion yet

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
I hated the SS discussion until I started reading SS :blush:

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Aware posted:

I hated the SS discussion until I started reading SS :blush:

Same.

And honestly I only started reading it since it was all this thread talked about :P

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I like Ss, but it's very much not friendly to non patreon readers in here, so I overall agree it should be moved to its own thread.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Honestly I read all the spoilers and will probably follow the patreon thread even though I don’t sub to the Super Supportive patreon. Its charms as a serial to me are unspoiled by and unrelated to knowing what’s going to happen.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Yeah I read plenty of the black bar text before I even started and it was largely impenetrable anyway. For current RR readers I guess it's something to avoid. But the volume is such that it does legit drown out other great serial discussion or recs so I'm all for a seperate thread. Good job sleyca!

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

Kyoujin posted:

Is that the one with the old man with a cane (Rowan?)I thought that got dropped since I used to follow it then it had delays for awhile before disappearing from royalroad altogether.

One and the same. It's very well done.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
theres been so much classified posting i was getting ready to goatse bomb. thankfully youve all come to your senses

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
GTSE CH3.22 UPDATE SPOILERS:https://fi.somethingawful.com/flags/e5/30/0000012186.gif?by=-B%20l%20a%20z%20e%20i%20n%20g-

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Apr 26, 2024

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
been awhile

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Clearly I should not have made a supsup thread.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Clearly we need three threads. One for soup only, one not for soup, and one with both.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Nitrousoxide posted:

Clearly I should not have made a supsup thread.

Lmao

Somebody fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Apr 26, 2024

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Nitrousoxide posted:

Pale LIghts Book 2 Chapter 5

Angharad, you've been on the island for mere hours, and already you have made a lifelong enemy of one of the most powerful families in the Watch by defeating an aspiring swordmaster lordling with a butter knife and all but agreed to steal something from the Black Cloaks to give to the queen who killed your whole family, without even considering if she's lying.

Girl, please, I beg you.

Whenever Pale Lights focuses on Angharad, I spend the entire time amazed that someone so dumb has survived for so long. But at least she finally realized she is a moron with a sword(mostly because she currently can't use that sword)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
this would be a very good thread title imo

Somebody fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Apr 26, 2024

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Have to say I fully support the new Sup dedicated thread as there were so many pages of spoilers I stopped even skimming this thread. If there is that much to discuss it should have its own thread so other web serials can flourish in the sun and battle for thread supremacy

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

fez_machine posted:

Also a little annoyed at how everyone knows that the world harshly punishes if people do a trick to become long term overpowered and then everyone in the party and the protag goes "wow! you're temporarily overpowered! What if we made this indefinite with a little trick?". Usually, there would be people chiming in about how do we avoid creating great harm and spending page after page discussing the possibilities but there's relatively little to none. It feels bad, like the author wanted to show off this setting element and forced it through.

I feel like there’s a lot of this kind of forced self-destructive behavior in WtC. This Used to be about Dungeons is much better in this regard. The characters still make objectively bad decisions, but they’re such messes it feels more consistent.

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde

fez_machine posted:

I just finished this last week so I've been thinking about it as well. I think Juniper ruminates a few times about being railroaded by the DM into making these decisions to force exclusions but ends up deciding that it's pointless to think about it since he can't really know anyway. But yes, the exclusions ultimately end up pushing them towards forced conflict and the conclusion, I think. The ending gets very meta with the reveal of the DM and what the world is, so it does end up mostly explained anyway.

Now to find something else to read

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
When Immortal Ascension Fails ch27 Lin sure is doing a great job pretending to be a Demonic Musician and keeping a low Alchemist profile... I'm sure that flaunting all that knowledge won't backfire at - and there it is!

Only question now is did Noxious Fang notice who she is or is the sect capture her as a spy?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
She is the most low profile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

She just needs to play some Alice Cooper to explain why she's good at poisons.