Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

TWI Patreon: Ants Ants Revolution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

The Shortest Path posted:

Yeah I like volume 7 a lot compared to volumes 5 and 6, though it's also a lot less depressing which certainly helps.

For now...

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Argue posted:

This is barely counterevidence but pirateaba's been streaming themselves writing the last few weeks of chapters (no audio, screen only). It took them 3 and a half hours to write Strategists at Sea pt 2 (no, I didn't watch the whole video), which is the second longest chapter they've ever written, so I would lean more towards the single person savant theory. Not that the other chapters were written in as short a time; the most recent nonpatreon chapter was only half-complete after 4 hours.

Strats Pt2 took ~7 hours total (which seems to be how long all the Book 7 chapters take), the Twitch video archive doesn't have the VOD of the first half being written.

A big flaming stink posted:

pirateaba wrote everything up to vol 7 on a lovely membrane keyboard she bought off amazon for 50 bucks.

we managed to get her to buy an actual mechanical keyboard back in january. combine that with her PT seriously helping ease her arm pain, she's basically taken off her weighted clothing.

I have to wonder if/when mental burnout becomes a more serious problem. I think every one of her streams in the last 2 weeks starts and ends with her complaining about mental fatigue.

Speaking of burnout, gotta say Maviola has to be my new favorite character in TWI. Going to be sad when the potions run out.

.Z. fucked around with this message at 08:58 on May 5, 2020

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Gladi posted:

Patrons, what does the KQ stand for?

King of Destruction and Queen of Pop

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

TWI Patreon 7.26 Scott Sterling

Misc. Thoughts:
- Wonder how many of the various plots are going to have closer ties by the end of book 7. Titan is a given, Doctor also seems really likely with Octavia finally isolating penicillin.
- With how Niers has been written, I have to wonder if Bearclaw and her gang are already dancing to Nier's tune.
- Between the introduction of the Queen of Pop group and the fact Lyonette's family has to be on the move, it feels like Terandria is going to start playing a bigger role in the plot for book 8. Or whatever the hell Rhir is doing happens and that drives book 8.
- The Balerosian reactions (and Chaldion's) to Niers showing up at the Inn is going to be hilarious.
- I demand the conversation between Teriarch and Erin about the engagement ring next chapter.

Wishful thinking:
- When Erin hits level 50 at the end of book 7 and she is gaining a spacial skill for the inn that makes it's name more literal. Significantly reducing the distances between the various Earth groups for plot purposes.
- When Maviola's last potion wears off and she passes into unconsciousness, she is hits level 50 and gains a one-time rebirth skill [Phoenix something or other] so she can pal around with Olesm more. Awkward conversations about age will follow.

.Z. fucked around with this message at 05:52 on May 31, 2020

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Argue posted:

I don't have Patreon but I'm reading the latest public chapter and marveling at how we got from the beginning of the story to "Teriarch squinted at Shrek’s face."

Fyi, if you want spoilers the text in those blanked out boxes from the Raider scene can be viewed if you look at the page's HTML.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

TWI Patreon 7.27 Party planning

Sailor Dave posted:

Except for the Drath Archipelago, the Japan-equivalent. That's one of the only places that hasn't been revealed in-depth at all yet despite being mentioned many times.

The pill talk makes me think China-equivalent. But it seems more likely it'll just be generic East Asian themed.

Argue posted:

Lyonette seems to be preparing to basically be Erin 2.0, including learning to do Erin-like things such as... uh, getting to know people. Maybe Erin will be going on that road trip to various locales teased in vol 6? She's still got an outstanding invite to the Gnoll plains and Salaszar, as well as to the other walled cities.

Between Maviola's and Erin's influence (also red hair), it seems like Lyonette will be gaining a flame themed inspiration skill. But I don't see her getting left behind if Erin goes on the trip to the Gnoll clan meeting. Letting Mrsha out of her sight for so long seems really unlikely. I think the Inn is just going to make do with Drassi, Ishkr, and some help from the new Earthers inspired in that direction. Kevin could fill in for the relationship aspect of Erin and I think Imani had been helping with the cooking? Also, magic door.

Argue posted:

I think the logical "ultimate form" of the inn will be either multiple doors in the inn so that you no longer have to rotate gems around, or multiple doors around the world leading directly into the garden.

The garden idea has crossed my mind, like what if Erin were to open up branches of the Wandering Inn in different cities? Could she access the Garden and the rest of the Inn from there? That being said, it seems unlikely. It feels like that would violate the very nature of the Garden.

My pure speculation thought is that Erin gains a pocket dimension ability for the inn. When that happens the inn and the hill it's on disappears from Liscor and in it's place will be a magic gate. The existing magic door locations will also get replaced with similar gates. This is being influenced by the presence of so much magic at the inn and the Fae.
Patreon 7.27 Spoilers: Ryoka's going to pull of her "rescue" of Ivolethe and Erin's going to be gaining level 50 off of it or get affected by it strongly.

Unrelated to all that, I'm still waiting for the scene where Griffon Hunt goes to see Ulrien's statue. I'm kinda surprised it hasn't already happened.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

TWI Patreon Does Ryoka sleeping with Relc feel wierd to anyone else? It just never seemed like she was mentally in a place for even casual hookups.

Poor Palt, Erin is not going to be happy when she finds out the Ullsinoi ordered the hit on Relc and all the other early Triangle members.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Argue posted:

TWI nonpatreon: It would be something if volume 7 ends not with a giant battle against the Bloodfeast Raiders or whatever, but instead with one hell of a party. Like mentioned above, definitely sounds like the kind of thing that will boost Erin all the way to level 50 on the side, too.

Why not both? Bloodfeast gets attracted to party and battle ensues resulting in dinner and an even better show for the Fae.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

shirunei posted:

TWI 7.28: Gotta admit I burst out laughing when this went down "Everyone stared at Typhenous’ raised hand. Ryoka’s eyebrows raised. The old man had game."

My personal favorite was Zevara’s ”Days Since Crazy Human Incident” counter

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

'So I'm a Spider' web novel translations can be found under 'Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?' https://www.novelupdates.com/series/kumo-desu-ga-nani-ka/

My suggestion for a webnovel litrpg translation is 'The Death Mage Who Doesn’t Want a Fourth Time' https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-death-mage-who-doesnt-want-a-fourth-time/ First 'book' is a bit on the depressing side before it settles into standard isekai.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

LLSix posted:

Thank you! This is extremely cute. I'm reading Blastron's translation. I guess I know where Blastron's spider avatar came from now.

The stat segments are pretty rare and unobtrusive for the first 50-odd chapters. They're becoming more common now though.

I'm not sure how I feel about the side stories. It feels really unfair how many advantages the other reincarnees got.

You’ll want to read the side stories as they’ll start intersecting later on.

Edit: Oh yeah, the Reincarnated as a slime Webnovel translations are here: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/tensei-shitara-slime-datta-ken/

Can’t remember how much the anime diverges from it as I believe the anime is based on the light novels.

.Z. fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jun 21, 2020

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Argue posted:

And speaking of TWI, latest nonpatron update: Oh man, long-awaited meeting finally happened.

Silver Swords catching Ryoka

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Peachfart posted:

TWI Patreon: Who are these new people? Everyone is terrified of them.

The dead gods, who apparently are not entirely dead. The same beings that visited Erin at the inn during winter solstice offering “gifts”. The same beings Ryoka ran into while on the road that offered her her missing fingers.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Peachfart posted:

Plus I'm a speed reader and I need more words to shove into my brain.

Basically there need to be more authors with pirateaba’s insane level of output.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

TWI Patreon: Innworld afterlife sucks

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Azuth0667 posted:

Any recommendations for a good serial that has an audio book? I've gone through Worm, Ward, Twig and am nearing the end of Mother of Learning.

The Wandering Inn has 2.5 volumes on Audible

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Peachfart posted:

I don't know what those are, so I probably agree with you.

The debunked alpha male wolf thing that is a trope in werewolf fiction.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Kalas posted:

TWI waffles between drat good and punching you in the gut.

Too bad TWI is going on hiatus while pirateaba deals with their OTV contract.

https://wanderinginn.com/deer-ryan-the-novel/

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Holy hell pirateaba. Latest chapter was almost 41k words when it was finished on stream.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

tithin posted:

Whoever it is that posted the story of the last human in a world of elves and other races - good story, thanks for posting it.

Which story was this?

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Tagichatn posted:

He didn't gently caress the dwarf with the cloaca although the dwarf did want to gently caress him.

Tagichatn posted:

Alternate Juniper did gently caress all of his party members though, even though one was a jellyfish or octopus or something.

New thread title options?

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Argue posted:

TWI Patreon lol so that's where that guy's been. Wandering the desert is certainly... on brand.

4 years and 6 volumes worth of setup

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

tithin posted:

I don't know who that guy is in twi patreon

He showed up in the Earther chat at the start of volume 2.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

The Shortest Path posted:

God loving dammit pirateaba you're supposed to be taking care of yourself. :smith:

Yeah, it's always an ongoing fear that pirateaba is going to burn out or develop some really severe hand and wrist problems before finishing TWI. :smith:

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Peachfart posted:

Pirateaba's super secret project is up for patrons, only 160k words.

So about a month’s worth of chapters.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

TWI Patreon:
Trey has big ambitions and the end of a plot line that started almost 5 years ago

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Infinity Gaia posted:

It's barely even worth mentioning anymore. You could tell me pirateaba wrote any number of words in half a week and I'd believe you. What's that, an entire three volume series written in 4 days? Yeah, sure, sounds like pirateaba.

Pirate finished writing this Tuesday's TWI chapter in 2 days and it clocks in at 30k words. My hands really hurt thinking about that.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

TWI Patreon: In which Pirate reveals what a terrible human being they are by microwaving bagels

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

TWI Patreon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSdSuWoNVwo

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

TWI Patreon:
IDKFA

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

TWI Patreon
Nereshal’s comment about Erin being too young makes me wonder about how much more pirate has planned. Like at present it feels like a few more volumes. But that age comment…

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Nettle Soup posted:

Hit my 55k for the Writathon, now to sleep for a week.

How on earth does she do it in one chapter, spreading it out over a month was bad enough!

I hope pirate manages to clamp down on the chapter word count for vol 9. The mental and physical toll of that output can't be good.

Also, if anyone is interested, they is a tracker for chapter wordcounts: https://wanderinginn.neocities.org/statistics.html
TWI is coming up on 10 million words and that doesn't include whatever the word counts for Gravesong, Last Tide, and all the edits being done for the book releases.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

So much for pirate’s attempt to scale back chapter length. 8 chapters into volume 9 and out comes a 40k chapter.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

TWI Patreon: Garry is the bestest.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Don't think I saw this posted, but Prac Guide's author's new series:
https://palelights.com/2022/08/17/chapter-1/

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Megazver posted:

RE: Trailer Trash has been released on Amazon and I finally took my plunge into it on RR, then bought it. It's very good.

Nice, I wonder if the author is going to start release chapters more frequently or if it's going to be another 3 years before the end of book two.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

TWI Patreon:

What a lovely chapter. Quality went into the toilet.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

90s Cringe Rock posted:

That's the patreon chapter. I'm the public one right now and, well, Rabbiteater and Seraphel are hanging out.

It just keeps going.

Yeah, it's a pretty lovely chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

TWI Patreon - Ridiculous chapters like today's are why TWI has it's hooks in me and why I don't think I'll ever get away.