Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Megazver posted:

The 'next chapter' in question was posted on RR yesterday and it didn't happen, so maybe it's the next next chapter or maybe they were just trolling, I dunno. But yeah, lame either way.

I'm not for trolling folks who care about spoilers with this kind of stuff. Just putting the thread on notice that if its possibly a spoiler to tag it, even if its a dumb joke (maybe it will improve the joke?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

It happened in two chapter rather than the next chapter. It wasn't a joke, it was an untagged spoiler about something pretty critical to the story.

Thanks for this. I phrased it that way because I'm not invested in these web serials to be able to tell whether it was or not, nor was it clear from reading the thread it was a real spoiler. Frankly, if I have to do deep detective work on a post to tell whether its a "real" spoiler or not I'm just going to probe because even if its a troll its a lovely joke that negatively impacts the cool thing you all have going on in here.

The post has been quoted enough that retrospective spoiler tag addition isn't possible at this point.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Wittgen posted:

I'm always impressed by people's ability to read things with zero emotional literacy.

Bremen posted:

And I'm amazed at people's ability to turn what's meant as a polite internet discussion and turn it into ad hominem attacks. Fine, I feel this discussion is unwanted here, so I guess I'll drop it.

While I'm paying attention to the thread, can I ask whether this has been resolved and all players have hugged it out yet or are we going to have to fire up the Mark Twain program on the holodeck?

(A Star Trek Lower Decks reference, since I don't read SS I can't make it any more thread relevant).

Disagree all you want, but please focus on the argument not the one making it.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Have to say I fully support the new Sup dedicated thread as there were so many pages of spoilers I stopped even skimming this thread. If there is that much to discuss it should have its own thread so other web serials can flourish in the sun and battle for thread supremacy