Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The thing that trips you up is you try to get every coin so you double back on these really tight paths with no room for error and you get trapped and die because of the disappearing floor. But there's way more coins than you need so once you realize that you can take safer routes and do it just fine. It's still tricky but not brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

HORMELCHILI posted:

Since I messed around in each kingdom until I was satisfied and almost got every purple coin on the first run, post game now im going through in order and using talkatoo until the first batch of moons is complete and then adding the new ones and finding them with the map which is using all in game mechanics and not the cheat toad so it feels pretty fair.

I just finished with this. Finally, with all the normal moons in tow, it's time to destroy the moon rocks.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

i must compose posted:

I was playing mario galaxy yesterday, and in one of the boss fights with bowser he just flew off the planet and into space never to return.

8 hours later:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zw659IBHqQ

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
haha

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

so, the new content announced for odyssey sounds like you can setup little custom speedruns for your friends to tackle? i wonder how deep the customization goes, like if you can pick a few starting points per level etc.

it sounds like a lot of fun, i thought this game needed some more little social things like that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It looked like one starting point per level but there may be more. It looks rad and I'll be making some balloon routes once it comes out

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

https://twitter.com/Vine_ST/status/952106485852528640

ooooo this is the first moon i've seen to require execution of a previously thought-out plan. Luring the bullet successfully around the wall outcropping, ensuring you capture it before it despawns, and finally timing things just right to reach the very farthest pillar as it explodes. With most other moons you can simply cheese up the wall and grab it, but this one was shielded by a stone that as far as I can tell is only vulnerable to bullets in this stage.

On another note I'm still missing three freaking dorito coins in this kingdom and I need them for my cowboy outfit for the lake kingdom!!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this was actually a bit of a head scratcher, i wish there were way more moons like that lol

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
That one took me forever because I'm retarded and forgot about the motion control boost that it tells you about right on the screen. So I thought getting a bullet bill there was impossible

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also figured it out immediately but thought there must be another way because of how tight the timing seemed. That's a good one

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's a normal moon but there's one in the soda fizz kingdom that I thought was brutal and required a bunch of tight wall kicks + hat bounce stuff that was really satisfying to pull off, and then I found the jet pack captures and realized what I had done.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

In Training posted:

It's a normal moon but there's one in the soda fizz kingdom that I thought was brutal and required a bunch of tight wall kicks + hat bounce stuff that was really satisfying to pull off, and then I found the jet pack captures and realized what I had done.

Yeah I definitely remember parkouring up one of those vertical shafts in the cliff face only to eventually learn the use of the squid dudes.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

Pretty sure I posted this before but it's one of my favorite instances of this in the game. I 100% knew there was another, "correct" way, to get this moon but I couldn't for the life of my figure it out and I was having fun trying to get it the alternative way. It wasn't until almost immediately after I got the moon that I remembered you can capture the fireballs.

https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/929711663149805568

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The balloon mode looks like koopa run, but multiplayer. I am extremely extremely excited for it, koopa run was my favorite thing in the game and I loved smashing all my friends' records on it

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The balloon mode looks like koopa run, but multiplayer. I am extremely extremely excited for it, koopa run was my favorite thing in the game and I loved smashing all my friends' records on it

I hope they somehow add actual ghosts besides the default koopas

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
3D World had ghosts and I was surprised this game didn't launch with them as well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I was also a little bummed by the lack of boos. It would have been a fun capture.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

I totally meant ghosts in the mario kart sense but boos for possession (ironically enough) would have been ridiculously cool. I imagine you'd be able to clip through certain walls or something like the vanish cap in 64

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

In Training posted:

lol i did this too

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

Yeah I was also a little bummed by the lack of boos. It would have been a fun capture.

Let the past die. Kill it if you have to.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

net cafe scandal posted:

Let the past die. Kill it if you have to.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
Cappy is already a boo

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

that’s right. the hat guys are clearly boos, probably hiding from the world because they have a villainous rep

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

In Training posted:

Along the wall all the way on the right when you're in the water facing the beach? I did that one this way too lol.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Luigi's Balloon mode is out and I have just hidden balloons all over the world.

Pop them if you can, Imps.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh I'll have to boot that up tonight. How does it work exactly? Since you're on my friends list will your balloons populate my levels once I turn on the mode?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm not sure if they pop up automatically, you may have to type in the code for each one. It would be nice if friend balloons did show up but I haven't tested that yet

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Basically you find Luigi in each kingdom and he gives you the option to find or hide balloons. The find menu gives you a list of 15 different balloons along with a time limit and bet/potential winnings for each one. Picking Hide It just gives you a 30 second timer that you can extend by getting coins and you press left on the dpad once you've found a good hiding place to set your own balloon down.

You get coins as people attempt to pop your balloon and once it gets popped by someone you have to hide a new one. It's really fun and I've already gotten enough coins from it to buy all the new outfits (Knight Mario FTW). Some of my balloons got popped so here's a new set.

https://twitter.com/dinominal/status/967048178615730176

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

didn't this mode come out like 2 months ago

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

2 days ago

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
If someone is on your friend list and they currently have a hidden balloon somewhere in the kingdom they should automatically show up somewhere in the list of available balloons, which is nice to avoid the code issue.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Also lol at the people who spent 8 hours grinding the secret area in Bowser's Kingdom to get enough coins for all the outfits and 999 moons. With the new mode it takes probably 45 minutes to get that much.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Cobalt Viper posted:

Also lol at the people who spent 8 hours grinding the secret area in Bowser's Kingdom to get enough coins for all the outfits and 999 moons. With the new mode it takes probably 45 minutes to get that much.

It's me, I grinded for the coins so I could get the stupid skeleton outfit.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

My moon kingdom balloon is too good I guess because the icon for it just got bigger on the balloon world stats screen

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The one I hid in Bowser's Kingdom has been unpopped for about 28 hours now. I should check on it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Me watching the coins roll in as people are unable to find my expertly hidden balloons

Edit: As I typed that 2000 coins came in after someone spent 30 tries on my Moon balloon and got it lol. Love this mode

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Feb 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Me watching the coins roll in as people are unable to find my expertly hidden balloons

Edit: As I typed that 2000 coins came in after someone spent 30 tries on my Moon balloon and got it lol. Love this mode

You're starting to sound like Wario.

• Locked thread