Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I enjoyed it. I thought it was a bit slow in places but once it got moving, I was pretty hooked.

Random thoughts:

A) The highlight of the whole thing was definitely the D&D game. Chloe was so into it, it was great.
B) The backtalk mechanic was pretty fun. I managed to clear all of them but I hosed up the last one when you're trying to steal the wine.
C) Go into your settings menu and look at the subtitle font size. You've got three options. Normal, Large, and HELLA LARGE. That caught me off-guard and got a legit laugh out of me.
D) Rachel definitely has some sort of wind power. The special effects during the final scene with her were too large and obvious for it to not be the case. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but we'll see how it goes.

One question. What did you guys get as your end-of-episode stinger? I had Chloe trying to hold a door shut while the t-shirt vendor from the mill screamed NO ONE STEALS MY MONEY at her from the other side. I'm curious how that's changed for people that didn't do that particular event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

The Iron Rose posted:

on a scale of 1-10 how gay is this game because that will determine my buying decisions

Hella gay.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

succ posted:

So should I get the deluxe edition? The bonus episode is the only thing that sounds neat.

Go for it. It's not that much more and the bonus episode should be pretty interesting. If you've played through everything else, there's no reason not to skip on a bonus episode, you know?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

They said the bonus episode will be available after episode 3 sometime, I'm pretty sure.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e1tvAxD44o

Full trailer coming tomorrow.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk9de3ljHnw

It's here.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Eliot almost seems like a red herring to me. It's too obvious that he's creepy as gently caress. I don't think he's going to amount to much in Episode 3, if anything.

Maybe I'm also overthinking things, but he almost feels like a 'take that' at people that thought Warren was overly creepy in the original game. Kind of like 'Really? You thought Warren was creepy? We'll show you what REAL creepy is!'

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

precision posted:

Oh man I just found the 1981 Vortex Club poster and I hope it's an Easter egg hint that someone is considering doing LiS: Breakfast Club

I am so down for that.

I'd love to know how the Vortex Club went from being what it was in the past (according to that poster) to what it is now.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/938460532507471872

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

EDIT: Never mind.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Dec 20, 2017

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

what happened to the game of thrones telltale game

It was bad.

I think season 2 got canned, I haven’t heard anything about it in ages.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

From the sound of it, the phone is probably the big secret that Dontnod mentioned the player base would have to work together to unlock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Stare-Out posted:

Oh, anyone scan the QR code that was on the little flyer in Chris' room? I tried it just to try it and it actually works! It says

A ragged colt may make a good horse

Whatever that means.

Has anyone figured out if this means anything? It’s hella weird and has nothing to do with the flyer the code is on.

• Locked thread