Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Slightly political, but while Australia has a lot of things wrong right now, fair play to the cuzzie bros across the ditch, when they're right, they're right:

:australia: :australia:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4832668/Sydney-Danny-Lim-sign-call-Tony-Abbott-c-not-offensive.html

This is like the third best thing that happened to me today, and I'll be honest the other two set the bar pretty high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Mr-Spain posted:

Yup. Sitting here in the hospital with the 1 day old 3rd one.

Congrats! Good luck with the sleeping thing!

Wistful of Dollars posted:

gently caress, I loved that game.

Also, I gave my 60-something office colleague a poster with all the Fury Road vehicles on it. She loves it and all things Fury Road.

have you got a link to the poster? I know a few people who would like that not just me

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Unfortunalty last year we had 43C AND 90%. gently caress. that. poo poo. gently caress that with a bargepole in every possible way. Last summer was indescribably awful in whole new ways - Phoenix heat with Florida humidity.

We've had average temps this winter but with a twist - while the overall average is about spot on, the nights have been colder but no real cold day times to bring the average up... but we've also had gently caress all rain and low humidity. Hopefulyl some rain coming otherwise this is goign to be one hell of a bad fire season

Don't forget the wind, which is late this year but already miserable.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Page 20 chill zone. Today is my first day off in two weeks. Last night I drove down to Sydney, sweet drive, new albums to listen to. Checked into a hotel, drank cocktails.

Today I have no plans other than eating some mad burgers and that it good.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

What the gently caress? Is that a joke?

I had to go to Springwood the other day. Saw a partially disassembled Forester parked on the road. You? if not, how long until you own it?

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

White 2004 XT turbo outside Springwood Hospital, its had a front ender, presently 463 meters from where I live. oval office wont sell it for what I know its worth. He wants 6 grand and Im LOL get hosed.

Hahaha yep that's the one!

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Didn't see one but that's not to say it wasn't there

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
congrats Larrymer, hope you guys are home as soon as possible. Speaking as a recent uncle, don't be afraid to go back if you think something is up. My brother's wife and kid were re-admitted a couple of days after going home due to the baby not feeding well. They said they agonised over the decision but it was the best thing they could have done.

DICK DICER posted:

Not my Grandma, she just passed away. Born in 1923, served as a nurse in London during the blitz. Never talked about it, just said it was what they needed to do. The picture perfect, proper English grand mother and she's been ailing for years. She's finally at rest.

Sorry to hear that Dave, it's always awful to lose someone. Like you say she's at rest now.

DICK DICER posted:

Considering I'm way, way too sober for this and out of cigarettes entirely, I suppose there's not much left to do other than crank one out in memory of dear sweet gran

so can anyone do this or do you have to be bereaved?

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Gingerbread House Music posted:

I found this thing on the road, so i took it, naturally. It's got a gearbox inside and a bunch of spiders/hornets. What is it, besides cool?

I'm so sure I know exactly where this is from, I just can't quite remember...

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

they're oligarchs, morty, i dont respect them

I am giving some SERIOUS thought to redesigning my SASC-90 entry as Sneezy XL

For those who don't know SASC-90, please join us

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3833227

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
it's a 45 horsepower with anti-lock brakes....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FwVYeeY1Ew

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Darchangel posted:

Perfect day for it too.

Oh my sweet baby jesus, It's talk like a pirate day isn't it? I'd like to claim that but what a co-ink-i-dink

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Movie chat:

Isle of Dogs 😍😍😍

https://youtu.be/dt__kig8PVU

New Wes Anderson looks AMAZING. I am super pumped for this

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

the spyder posted:

I swear I'm having one of those days where I just can't shake the feeling that I work with idiots. I mean it in the most light hearted of ways, but there are only so many "you have got to be kidding me" mistakes one can handle in a single business day.

I feel you. Amongst a litany of assholes and fuckwits today I had a rep smash not one but TWO cases of wine on my floor. Then she proceeded to pick up damp boxes and put clean ones down in the puddle of wine so they would break too. Goddamn it woman, stop trying to help and get the gently caress out of my store.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Surely it's as simple as "not worth reading"

in other news, just saw Dulcich has acquired a Sunbeam Alpine that he plans to put (most of) the drivetrain from Freiburgers RX-7 into on a later (when!!) episode of Hotrod Garage. That sounds like a fun build!

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

scuz posted:

For me that's every day. Men are scum. Admission of the problem is the first step to recovery.

Some men are scum. News at eleven. Going down the road of misandry is not helpful. Me, I'm a full blown misanthropist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
oh man TT that's awful. Rascal is a goddamn good dog and it sucks that it's come to this. I hope you're able to find an amazing trainer near you. After losing a dog I was a little mentally prepared for I can't imagine how poo poo this is. If you wanna chat or whatever, let me know. I'm sure other goons would say the same.

• Locked thread