Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I thought, since the time is close, that we should start the October chat bread.

Talk all about bread in here. Whether or not it's sweet, brittle-pan 80's bread, swoopy 50's bread, or big, boxy, dried '70's bread, all breadchat is okay here. We'll even allow melted-bar-of-soap 90's minibread.

I'll even allow politibread chat, but please keep the flamewars down. We don't want any unnecessary toasting. Probably be best to avoid current international dough chat in regards to some certain breadicologies.

HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Aug 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It's true I do

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Anyway, my favorite COCK is banana COCK

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Aug 31, 2017

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
BIG VEINS are NEVER optional, as well as GIANT BALLS.

What's that COCK they use on MY GAPING rear end in a top hat called?

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Aug 31, 2017

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
If you SUCK COCKS today, I'd make it a Round, Brown, Boston COCK.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Aug 31, 2017

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It is good

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS THE JOY OF COOKING AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MEAL PREP RIGHT THERE ALONGSIDE THE HOST, JULIA CHILD. I PREP EVERY INGREDIENT AND I MEASURE THEM HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME ACTIVATED YEAST OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP THE POUR. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY BAKED THE LIGHTEST, FLUFFIEST SOURDOUGH. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE RATIOS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS HUNGRY BY DIVVYING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING CLEAN UP EVERY MORNIng

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I baked top of my class in the Naan Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Anpan-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kayas. I am trained in ciabatta warfare and I’m the top kneader in the entire US Arepa forces. You are nothing to me but just another bagel. I will bake you the gently caress out with tastes the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, flatbrød.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Enourmo posted:

Soup bread

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I was super pissed when ctrl+0 didn't work after like 10 tries.

Okay I'm not going insane.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

It was some loon on FB, a site I am using very little since they reinstated me. I actually spend more time pruning old posts and unfriending and unliking than I do posting.

There are scripts to do that for you, y'know.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I'm enjoying the "on this day" feature but I'm reminded of a lot of dumb poo poo I posted. I tried to use an app that would unlike everything i had ever liked but it didn't work.
Script. Like on chrome with tampermonkey.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The best movie thread is in TFR.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

...do it without telling us what it is first

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Is 10-50 available again?!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Yesterday at work I started noticing a post nasal drip and a bit of a sore throat, and by the end of shift at 1900 I had a fever and couldn't talk. Slept like garbage throughout the night, and woke up at around 2 AM to let the charge nurse know that I won't be in today (which sucks - that's a $200 day lost).

Plus side: Overwatch.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
For 15k buy the newest CR-V or RAV4 you can find.

I mean, I enjoy Ford Escapes. I've driven a lot of them while in the natty guard as GOV transports everywhere, and they were all okay. From 2009 to maybe 2015 model years. That said, I haven't had to do any maintenance on them, so IDK. From what I gather based on the ambulance services and talking to our fleet mechanics at my (old ~3 weeks ago) day job, the Fords are more of a "find bad module, replace bad module"-style service. From HVAC computer modules, switch modules, door modules, lighting modules, etc. It's a fairly easy "pull-and-replace" methodology, but means not a lot is repairable for the big ticket items. Like every item is the brake booster on a Prius, if that makes sense.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
But, like, the really small zip ties. The ones they use to pad out the "200 ties!" number on the packaging.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJOCHz_p9YE

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The Health Care Stories megathread for me.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I have a Microsoft force feedback wheel that's working just fine. USB 1.1 baby

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Blade Runner is Good. Very good.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

IOwnCalculus posted:

The amount of re-fabricating / re-engineering they do is mindblowing. I hate having to redo something like that because it probably means I did it wrong the first time and now all that work is "wasted".

Also, the puns in this one :vince:

Going to see this tomorrow night. How important is it that I have watched the original? It's probably been drat near 10 years since I watched it last.

Not important at all to have watched the original. There is one small scene (you'll know it, in the water room) very late in the film that tugs your heartstrings a tiny bit more if you have seen the first film at all.

I'm so glad that 2049 exists. Ridley Scott took his time with some scenes, and the world is built up so goddamned much. Try to go at like a matinee or something like I did so you can get an emptier theater. I was literally the only person in mine and it made the silence and tones that much more powerful. Really, really good.

Here's a copy/paste from the EMS thread I posted in case anybody hasn't seen some of the crazier clips my partner and I took while on shift as EMTs. The context of the conversation was Ford 6.0hnos.

AMR in Phoenix (AMR/Southwest/Lifeline (nee PMT) has moved to primarily Transits. We have like maybe 60 fielded, and they are all generally awesome. The Trauma Hawk ones are my favorite.

windshipper posted:

Holy :laffo:

And that is why I say generally! But we have a couple of international rigs in this department that are over 200k miles, and there's another one floating around that's over 300k miles.

Yeah. On that rig, I drove it 50% of those 70k miles, and my partner drove the other 50. It wasn't used for any other crews, as we had started receiving the Transits and crews were moving from boxes once they hit their service life (500k miles then first major breakdown) straight into them. Our box broke, and we ordered three of these E350 hightops with the 6.0 diesels as stopgaps. We were the first crew to receive one, and they made it our dedicated ride. The other two broke down immediately and were shelved, but they kept repairing ours.

The truck didn't have an inverter, so it was BLS-only. Literally nobody else drove it (most crews are ALS) and we were one of the few BLS crews at the time. I polished that turd up with an aux input FM modulator, LED lights in the rear (came with incandescents, swapped a rolled box truck's lights out), new seat padding, etc. But on the loving dot every 12k it would start losing power, then rolling coal, then strand us somewhere all within 100 miles.

It had so many whole engine swaps that they left a fully-dressed engine in the bay, all accessories bolted on, on a subframe, ready to pop in so we could be out the next day or two. One of the swaps, they didn't tie the engine wiring harness down or something and it chafed through a wire for the reverse lights. They forced us to drive with it like this for about two weeks before we threw enough poo poo that they finally fixed it. As the truck warmed up it would get "better" and only beep over speed bumps, as the wiring loom heated up and expanded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dC1sqYdqFw

One day we hit a big bump after dropping a psych patient off in Tucson, and it started the rear door alarm. No amount of futzing with the rear door switch or anything turned it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS_LMSXmu_s

We took it multiple times up to Mingus Mountain Academy. This video is with a dry road, but imagine it all muddy and covered in snow. We were dedicated to all Mingus calls, as the Transits didn't have enough ground clearance to get over some humps (not shown in the video), and we were the only crew in Phoenix with snow chains

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCS7vAabAZw&t=187s
(the sirens are done according to signs that say honk or siren every blind hill and corner)

Here's our original box. Threw a rod. It may or may not have done so because it sounded like it was running on less than 7 cylinders at beginning of shift. I told the mechanics, they told us to run it. It got worse and worse and may have gotten stuck in first gear for a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKfLrm8dlyo

Bonus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkBEKSc3jIM

Never change, Phoenix :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRSp64N9leI

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

KakerMix posted:

Did Ridley Scott even have anything to do with 2049? He wasn't the director or listed as a producer, and isn't even mentioned in any materials relating to 2049 besides mentions to the first film. Regardless, it is super fantastic.

My bad. He was originally going to be the director back from 2009-2013, and he was listed in the credits just now in some capacity and I just glommed to it. I guess he was an associate producer of some sort.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR1nU9IJsoM

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Battlefield 2 is the best Battlefield though?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That's where the CEO had the store managers compete personally with each other for their jobs, right?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Yup. As little as 0.25mg can be lethal. And guess what? poo poo gets absorbed through the skin.

Fentanyl is generally measured in micrograms. Like, that's 250 ug. 50-100 is a pretty hefty dose for most people, though we end up with kids with full body burns that take 300-400 at once :stonk:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
My anker 26800 does not shut off, even for days, as long as there's a draw on it. If the draw stops, it goes to standby, but starts up again when a device attempts to draw.

I have a USB plasma globe that draws around 80mA, and the power bank ran it for days without turning off.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

slidebite posted:

Seriously. Honest question: First suit?

Exactly.

Buttons go:

Sometimes
Always
Never

And if it's two buttons:

Sometimes
Never

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Full windsor is what matters.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

InitialDave posted:

Lol, how much? Jesus.

Like 90 bucks?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Different digital suppliers.

I have both an amazon fire, and a roku. I have Plex (content from a server/PC I have with downloaded shows, presented in a Netflix-style frontend) and Netflix installed on both. The Amazon Fire can also access Amazon Prime Video content, as well as ABC/Fox/Showtime content, and Hulu if I subscribed. The ABC content is/was free. The Disney content is only accessible with either a separate monthly subscription, or you log in using a dish or cable subscription login (which is BS). Pretty much any "live" streaming content requires a regular cable or sat subscription.

A chromecast does this, but through your phone or tablet IIRC. The Chromecast is just a video forwarder, essentially.

99.9% of our usage is Netflix and Plex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

rdb posted:

I have a firestick, apple TV and a chromecast. For TV we have Directv now and amazon prime. If I had to pay for a device I would suggest a fire stick especially if you have amazon prime. Out of the ones we have it seems to be the most capable device.

The fire stick we have is solid as a rock. It's the last generation before the 4k ones.

I think once, ONCE like a year ago an update broke plex but we deleted plex and reinstalled and it's all good.

The Roku is flaming garbage but it's in the kid's room and I put it on an old 720p-only TV so it doesn't crash as often. In 1080p it chugged like a mofo.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Oct 28, 2017

• Locked thread