Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
never forget how dope horrorclix was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
its wild that this game is still going. i've been getting back into tabletop gaming (mostly 40k and living card games) and there's no heroclix in any shop i go to, and there used to be a pretty active event scene in CT, wonder where all those guys went- i dont see anything scheduled.

the website still sucks, is there a recent starter set?

also, that scooby doo figure that got posted reminds me of when they cancelled toonclix.

RIP horrorclix

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
is this exapnsion just xmen but they got swords now

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

ManiacClown posted:

Hey, now. Once in a while they send Scott Porter some stuff to open. That's got to have a shipping cost.

man this poo poo used to be sold at target

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
fyi if any of you have an ollies bargain outlet near you they have tons of heroclix. mine had mostly fast forces (not sure how old those are, I remember the first ones that I think were repackaged mutant mayhem) and some single figure boosters.

i noticed at my LGS they have some stuff, there’s like 1 guy who orders a brick every expansion. are any of those board games that use clix as figures any good? I know wizkids doesn’t have the best reputation in that arena

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
how is a game where you can do this not insanely popular

i wonder if any of those are reused sculpts from toonclix. i had heard back in the day that they got pretty far into development on that one.

lmao they made wwe heroclix too

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
i went into hcrealms to type in "connecticut" to see what happened to my local scene and it turns out the most active thread there is us politics

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
if you have an Ollie’s by you they’ve got boosters of creepy freaks for 99 cents in case you want to relive how truly on their bullshit wizkids was in the early aughts

my threshold for dead games is usually $2.99-$12.99 anything under is just trash I’m bringing to my house and anything over is too expensive so i let them be

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
i bet the jokers in this one

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I know I come here for the shitbird updates, and to ask if anyone remembers things from 20 years ago

like do any of you ever think about the collation issues from sinister

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
one of the stores near me has had an influx of old heads playing heroclix, apparently there was a comics shop nearby that only did heroclix outside of comic sales that they used to play at but the owner died. they’re carrying a lot more product now and I noticed that they have a 2024 starter. seems like $40 for four figures is a lot!! Are the sculpts much better now?