Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Brisset for MVP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Ummagumma posted:

I am going to watch for as long as Trubisky plays, because the Bears are going to lock him away for a few months

They aren't going to let him throw. They don't want a QB controversy or whatever.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

good lord curtis samuel is springy

midwat
May 6, 2007

Cyrus Jones dead

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Niwrad posted:

They aren't going to let him throw. They don't want a QB controversy or whatever.

Yea, this is pretty hilarious. Can't keep having him look better than Glennon, I guess, even though Glennon's own play will make that impossible!

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
I'll be happy if I never see rob riggle or that bald guy who was in anchorman again

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

What happens to guys that have a season ending injury and get cut? Do they get left out in the cold and have to pay for their own medical services?

midwat
May 6, 2007

midwat posted:

Cyrus Jones dead

It happened on his one good play of the preseason, too

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Ummagumma posted:

Yea, this is pretty hilarious. Can't keep having him look better than Glennon, I guess, even though Glennon's own play will make that impossible!

We really need to learn all about who's gonna win the 3rd/4th string RB job, as opposed to basically the entire receiving corps

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

9 straight handoffs for Trubisky

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

boos in chicago, lol

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

The Juggernaut posted:

What happens to guys that have a season ending injury and get cut? Do they get left out in the cold and have to pay for their own medical services?

I can't remember the Bengals ever cutting a camp body that got a severe injury.

They go on IR regardless of how bad they are.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Imagine being such a lovely franchise that you are scared to let people find out you have a good QB on your roster.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh God Matt Cassel in Arrowhead again is going to give me flashbacks all night.

midwat
May 6, 2007

Goodbye, Baby Gronk

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Cassel strip sack, where have I seen that before?

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
The Bears allow Trubisky to attempt a pass :siren:

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

JPP talks like a person that would blow up their hand.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Mahomes throws his first pick, didn't really look like his fault.

e: I guess they called it out of bounds? Who knows. Either way off of Travis's hands, looked like a pretty decent pass to me. Little high but plenty catchable.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Sep 1, 2017

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Can the Packers trade Hundley for a first (and third) and let someone pay this loving man already? The dude deserves it. He's better than probably 5-8 starting quarterbacks right now, and if you've got one of those 5-8 QB's, GB will be happy to take your top end draft picks.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Sep 1, 2017

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Sam Mellinger @mellinger: Same number of people at Arrowhead tonight as the last time Matt Cassel started a game here.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Trubisky is gone, and now, so am I

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--Did he win the job? I guess not if he's playing tonight

loving erotic smashmouth taking up my Mahomes watching time.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jakeem Grant owns

https://twitter.com/miamidolphins/status/903422144910057472

Ehud fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 1, 2017

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So despite reading stuff about the preseason games and making the thread before I left work this afternoon, I still completely forgot the game was going on tonight and missed a 6 touchdown first half.

SMH

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
This is the show of shits.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Deep pass :unsmith:

midwat
May 6, 2007

Kalli posted:

So despite reading stuff about the preseason games and making the thread before I left work this afternoon, I still completely forgot the game was going on tonight and missed a 6 touchdown first half.

SMH

Cyrus Jones is dead and Baby Gronk fumbled and will never appear again

That;s all you missed

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
yay browns

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

Can the Packers trade Hundley for a first (and third) and let someone pay this loving man already? The dude deserves it. He's better than probably 5-8 starting quarterbacks right now, and if you've got one of those 5-8 QB's, GB will be happy to take your top end draft picks.

lol

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

After careful consideration, I've decided that Tom Brady is the NFL player most likely to have parts of people hing as trophies in his basement, or possibly a corner locker of a U-Stor-it.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Packers gonna let Hundley slip out with a "thank you" napkin and whatever salary.
I'm telling you this dude got skills, and if Rodgers went down, he could easily run this offense.

No, he's not Favre, he's not Rodgers, but he can run the GB offense. Somebody really needs to pick him up and let him free-wheel.

Prove me otherwise, I guess.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Quiet Feet posted:

After careful consideration, I've decided that Tom Brady is the NFL player most likely to have parts of people hing as trophies in his basement, or possibly a corner locker of a U-Stor-it.

Only because you said player and because Marc Trestman is finally back in the CFL.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Grittybeard posted:

^^--Did he win the job? I guess not if he's playing tonight

no, and he was given the chance to make like 2 throws in total

the first nine plays were inside handoffs to 4th string RBs

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Mother fucker don't return the punt, I'm just here for Mahomes.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jakeem Grant is an unstoppable little man

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Grittybeard posted:

Mother fucker don't return the punt, I'm just here for Mahomes.

how's the chiefs' QB of the future looking?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Big Beef City posted:

Prove me otherwise, I guess.

If he played a whole season as started he'd be the worst starting QB ever seen and you'd look like a complete idiot!!

Prove me wrong l

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Trying to follow on Twitter and it sounds like he's made multiple plays. No drops?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

GeneX posted:

how's the chiefs' QB of the future looking?

One good deep pass (53 yards I think?), a bunch of average otherwise. Although there have been a couple of drops.

Combination of the Titans running the ball down the Chiefs throat for most of the first quarter and the drops makes it feel like he's barely played.

• Locked thread