Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hey, that was a good throw and catch Brissett and uhhhh, Lucien.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Big Beef City posted:

Packers gonna let Hundley slip out with a "thank you" napkin and whatever salary.
I'm telling you this dude got skills, and if Rodgers went down, he could easily run this offense.

No, he's not Favre, he's not Rodgers, but he can run the GB offense. Somebody really needs to pick him up and let him free-wheel.

Prove me otherwise, I guess.

If Matt loving Flynn could get paid somewhere, the Packers need to trade Hundley for sure.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Brain Curry posted:

Trying to follow on Twitter and it sounds like he's made multiple plays. No drops?

He's got 4 catches for 141 yards and a TD, he's drawn 2 holding penalties and a taunting penalty hahaha

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Amy Pole Her posted:

If he played a whole season as started he'd be the worst starting QB ever seen and you'd look like a complete idiot!!

Prove me wrong l

Well, we're talking about the pre-season, and you'd be wrong on both counts.
He's looked very nice so far.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

Prove me otherwise, I guess.

provide a basis for what you're saying first

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Dolphins backups own

Safety!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Ok that was a play by Mahomes.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Titans secondary still dogshit

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Titans secondary still dogshit

The pass rush taking eight years to get there probably didn't help.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Jayon Brown is loving legit

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
And there's the first pick for real this time. Totally Mahomes fault.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

WHOOPS posted:

provide a basis for what you're saying first

The entire body of work that he's done this pre-season and the ones that preceded this? And don't give me some random game from 2 years ago where he tossed the ball away or worked the 4th in the last preseason game. This year.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Irsay is high or drunk or both right now on the air.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

And there's the first pick for real this time. Totally Mahomes fault.

I lied about the for real part, somehow.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Ehud posted:

He's got 4 catches for 141 yards and a TD, he's drawn 2 holding penalties and a taunting penalty hahaha

drat, that owns. Playing outside instead of the slot?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Almost picked again. This is probably the most representative game Mahomes has played as to what he actually is at this point.

Great arm, eerie downfield accuracy at times. Still not ready.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Brain Curry posted:

drat, that owns. Playing outside instead of the slot?

Yep, he's just blowing past everyone lol

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Those of you who aren't watching the Bengals Colts game on the Cincinnati broadcast are missing out in the broadcaster's giving the kicker's hella shade.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

The entire body of work that he's done this pre-season and the ones that preceded this? And don't give me some random game from 2 years ago where he tossed the ball away or worked the 4th in the last preseason game. This year.

his stat line doesn't look very impressive? like, 2 tds is cool but 11/21 for 99 yards passing against scrubs is atrocious. for the whole preseason, it's not that much better than case keenums. i mean, forgive me here for not tuning in to packers preseason games to see whatever super sweet plays he's making but i'd expect an apparently sincere declaration that the brett hundley is worth a 1st rounder would have some more meat behind it.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I only started a little while ago but Jesus Brisset has made some great throws.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bengals kicker about the tri 60-yarder

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Really good 2 minute drill there for the Chiefs.

He was probably making the team anyway but I think DeMarcus Robinson's half probably sealed the deal.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Elliot-san. :smith:

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Ehud posted:

Yep, he's just blowing past everyone lol

He's stupid fast. If he can get the ball with some room to run I don't know who can catch him.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Big Beef City posted:

All this and you can't post a video or something illustrating why you believe he is worth a first?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Really good 2 minute drill there for the Chiefs.

He was probably making the team anyway but I think DeMarcus Robinson's half probably sealed the deal.

And then Trent green asking if you keep more than 4 WRs. Yes Trent.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

No Butt Stuff posted:

And then Trent green asking if you keep more than 4 WRs. Yes Trent.

Give the guy a break, he's working with scrambled eggs.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Big Beef City posted:

Well, we're talking about the pre-season, and you'd be wrong on both counts.
He's looked very nice so far.

Nope. There's zero proof he'd be good in the regular season. Sorry dude. Prove me wrong

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Jakeem Grant owned so loving hard in college, and I hate his college. Good to see the little dude continue to clown people

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
i just saw this pass and am now on the Mahomes bandwagon

https://twitter.com/claywendler/status/903433048431218690

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

In the regular season he gets chased down before that happens and he throws that into a DB's arms

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

WHOOPS posted:

i just saw this pass and am now on the Mahomes bandwagon

https://twitter.com/claywendler/status/903433048431218690

If you want to get nitpicky he probably should have put it more to the sideline but yeah that was real good.

His next pass was thrown directly to a linebacker who'd been hanging out the whole play in front of a tight end going down the seam so there's still work to do.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
i'm less concerned about the circumstance and more enthralled by the 50 air yards off his back foot.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Alex Smith could make that throw if it wasn't for his sense of decorum.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
We have a guy named Killings on our team.

At least until he's cut tomorrow anyway.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
preseason.gif

https://twitter.com/cyvonne1229/status/903442890839425024

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I know it's preseason and all, but gently caress the Steelers for that. I hate how we play them every year and have to suffer a stadium takeover because of it.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

WHOOPS posted:

his stat line doesn't look very impressive? like, 2 tds is cool but 11/21 for 99 yards passing against scrubs is atrocious. for the whole preseason, it's not that much better than case keenums. i mean, forgive me here for not tuning in to packers preseason games to see whatever super sweet plays he's making but i'd expect an apparently sincere declaration that the brett hundley is worth a 1st rounder would have some more meat behind it.

Understood, other than his stat lines, he's just willing to put it out there and makes throws down field that I haven't seen.

e: "haven't seen" by other backups recently in GB. Please don't feel like I don't know how blessed the Packers are and have been by Rodgers and Favre. I just mean "in general", sorry. The guy looks good, and I think he's got good trade value.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Sep 1, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The Giants break my heart even in a meaningless preseason game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Good play there by trick shot QB Alex Tanney.

• Locked thread