Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

In Training posted:

My ideal destiny 2 experience is throwing it in the trash

Destiny 2, unlike the first game which is trash, is actually good, except for the raid apparently, which is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

In Training posted:

My ideal destiny 2 experience is throwing it in the trash

throwing destiny 2 in the trash simulator... sounds like babby's first vr project that goes goty waiting to happen...

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Yeah

e: :yeah:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

psychoJ posted:

Destiny 2, unlike the first game which is trash, is actually good, except for the raid apparently, which is bad

No. It's literally the same game.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Talking about which MMO is the good one is about as useful as talking about which MOBA is the good one.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Talking about which MMO is the good one is about as useful as talking about which MOBA is the good one.

Mmos are at least slightly better than mobas because you get to play pretty princess and also people are usually slightly less assholes.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

"[AAA game] is bad" said the poster in a thread full of people who play 20 year old jrpgs.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

In Training posted:

Nah dude. They added a campaign with a coherent story and fun level design, along with making strikes really fun and worth playing. It's good imo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Poops Mcgoots posted:

"[AAA game] is bad" said the poster in a thread full of people who play 20 year old jrpgs.

AAA Western*

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

In Training posted:

i read a polygon article that said it was way better than destiny 1, because they expect you to play way less of it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Do MMO UIs have to look like that

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Poops Mcgoots posted:

front mission gun hazard is a classic smdh

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thinking about how sick it was to cave someone's skull in with the energy sword and sad about Bungie

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

chumbler posted:

Mmos are at least slightly better than mobas because you get to play pretty princess and also people are usually slightly less assholes.

Dota 2 makes literally all its money from people buying cosmetics that do nothing in gameplay but make you look nice/stupid.

Don't agree with the rear end in a top hat part though. Randoms in MMOs can be pretty loving toxic. Back when I played GW1 I was a healer and pretty much anytime a group wiped I got tons of poo poo from people in it.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

nah, he just went out of his way to make it look especially bad

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Just play games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Just play games

I've been playin Splatoon all evening

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Heat Signature is... good.

The lower-difficulty missions are basically just a better, more tactical Hotline Miami but then later on you have to start using cool gadgets to overcome obstacles and it's megatons of fun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Splatoon is the perfect posting because every 1-5 minutes you can check your phone while queueing for a match :thumbsup:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I tuned into the GB Raid stream and a lot of it seems to be standing still and calling out shapes, which is not how I like to play shooters.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Help Im Alive posted:

That person chose to make it look like that for reasons I won't even begin to guess.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

lmao they quit and they're going to try to gear up more and try it again monday lmao

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

psychoJ posted:

This sounds like my ideal Destiny 2 experience tbh

it's great because it's completely designed for filthy casuals and it's amazing seeing people say that it's a mark against the game that you don't have to play it for 10 hours a day just to stay relevant

#casual4lyfe

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

homeless snail posted:

lmao they quit and they're going to try to gear up more and try it again monday lmao

im cancelling my subscription and sending them a strongly worded email.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Oh poo poo cuphead is out

anybody got it?

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Cuphead is good and fun

nice

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/913926457189064704

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

RIP Miiverse, the one good MMO

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

In Training posted:

I dropped my sub a while back so I don't follow the GB thread here on SA anymore but I bet people are actually doing this

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

homeless snail posted:

nah not really, for one raids are balanced around equipment cause if you don't come in with at least a certain level of gear you just get blown the gently caress up. so before they spent 20 hours streaming this thing they spent 2 weeks of their life grinding other poo poo to be "raid ready"

this is disingenuous af my dude, i've only had the game 2 weeks and play 1-2 hours a day, several days i haven't played at all, and i'm "raid ready"

destiny 1 was an insane grind for broke brains but d2 really is not

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Zaphod42 posted:

Oh poo poo cuphead is out

anybody got it?

nice

Like holy poo poo it took me 20 tries to beat the blimp boss but the feeling of accomplishment you get is great. It's a "oh poo poo I hosed up" and not a "this game is loving cheating" kind of difficulty.

This is coming from someone who hates difficult poo poo, the whole thing is just charming as hell, granted I'm still on the first island.

precision posted:

this is disingenuous af my dude, i've only had the game 2 weeks and play 1-2 hours a day, several days i haven't played at all, and i'm "raid ready"

I think they meant raids in general

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Sep 30, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

CJacobs posted:

I dropped my sub a while back so I don't follow the GB thread here on SA anymore but I bet people are actually doing this

People have already said they are going to do that because Dan renamed a character in their XCOM playthrough series

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I think they meant raids in general

nah:

homeless snail posted:

so before they spent 20 hours streaming this thing they spent 2 weeks of their life grinding other poo poo to be "raid ready"

clearly specifically referencing D2

not to call out Mr/Ms Snail Without Home bc i like everyone who posts in here but posting stuff that's just straight up deceptive/wrong is ehhhhh

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

idk, I just know they've been talking about gearing up for the raid on their podcasts for weeks now

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

in unrelated news, ruiner is really loving hard. like even just on normal.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Like holy poo poo it took me 20 tries to beat the blimp boss but the feeling of accomplishment you get is great. It's a "oh poo poo I hosed up" and not a "this game is loving cheating" kind of difficulty.

This is coming from someone who hates difficult poo poo, the whole thing is just charming as hell, granted I'm still on the first island.

These are the words I needed to hear to convince me to buy it :)

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
the only mmo i still like is elder scrolls online and that's because it's got level scaling so you don't gotta grind so much yo

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

This is inscrutable.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I wrote one

Subject: destiny
Body: sucks, brad

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

precision posted:

So what’ll you do in the game now? PvP? Raid more? What’s fun about the game for you now that you’re reaching the end game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CJacobs posted:

I'm serious because I only subscribe for east coast stuff and now the west coast is so bad they're making th east coast play poo poo with them and it's miserable

• Locked thread