Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I started playing the new Uncharted and it's Uncharted which I always like so it's good. I'm gonna go mad looking for the photo ops though

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Sep 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I don't hate endless runners but I'm still really bummed the new Meat Boy is an endless runner and their attitude about it just makes me want to punch them

In other news, I got a weird bug in the open area in Uncharted: LL where one of the walls seemed to have blown up prematurely and the medal behind it didn't spawn. Like I'm not sure where else it would be and there isn't a comment about it being missing so I think I just got a weird error. It was the next to last one I needed too but now it looks like I'm starting from the top

Between this and Wayforward sending out time locked codes for content that was already a week late, this has not been a great day for me and video games. :(

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't know if it's this one but with one of medals the enemies have already gotten there before you and it's in a weapons crate on a truck after you kill them all

There's no puzzle or anything and I think Nadine is like "drat they got here before us, where could it be"

But if you solved a puzzle/had to do platforming and there's no medal then yeah idk that's probably a glitch

I'll double check before I restart, but as I said, I got no comment about it being missing, and I also got this thing where I reloaded my save and the wall came back, but when I blew it up, it would get blown away but I couldn't go through it and the medal still wasn't there.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

Some people in the Switch thread mentioned that the PS3 port of No More Heroes is pretty bad, is it actually bad or just Nintendo fanboys?
Assume I'd much rather play it on a proper controller rather than dumb waggle.

I don't know how good it is but I think it still has waggle

In general nmh honestly wasnt really the greatest game though.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm sort of interested in DR4 but that's because a ton the things that made DR unique didn't really appeal to me

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Update: U4 didn't glitch out. Found the thing I needed so I don't have to restart. It just didn't have the line of dialogue and restarting glitched the wall but the thing was in fact in an enemy crate.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Fir the life of me, I'm having trouble really getting into Splatoon, which honestly surprised me. I didn't really get my fill on the original because I got distracted by other things but I always wanted to jump back in and give it a real try. Now that I have I'm just having trouble staying all that interested and I'm not even sure why. I like the concept and it feels good to play but I don't really like modes other than turf war all that much and even then I get kind of bored with it after not THAT much time. There are some concrete things I can say are bad about the game but nothing that's really a dealbreaker so I don't know why I just never really want to play it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
All I remember about Nightmare Creatures is that even at the time the platforming was bad and the music for the first boss was rad as gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B0ZhQ0lGZ4

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Finally got the Risky Boots dlc for Shantae, it was fun and good but like the base game it still didn't come close to the goodness of Pirate's Curse. Playing as Risky is fun but because you can do her levels in any order it makes the levels not as tight as they could be, especially given you're huge amount of mobilty moves. Only the last stage reallt makes you use all your moves and even that is over far too soon. The game in general is also really short, but that shouldn't really be a surprise.

Still good though

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, that was clearly a time for "don't sign your posts"

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
https://www.google.com/amp/kotaku.com/mario-is-officially-no-longer-a-plumber-1799118840/amp
:oh:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Started and beat Momodora. It was a good if short metrodvania that, as eyerolling as it sounds at this point, had a nice Souls like atmosphere. Don't get me wrong, other than a few minor things, the gameplay wasn't Souls like at all but the entire atmosphere and story did remind me if it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
So far Knack 2 is reviewing WAY better than the original, but that's also not saying much

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Looper posted:

Really wish there were a better word for this than goty

Well, I mean they aren't calling it GotY, it's being called Gold

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Looper posted:

Reverie Under the Moonlight? Yesss the aesthetic and general vibe both own

It's funny because the game starts in a bright wooden area like 90% 2D platformers do, but as soon as you get through there it gets very dark, very fast and like in a souls game everyone you meet is either doomed, curropted, lost all hope or insane.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
On the internet no one knows you're a Hobbit

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Cats are the Dark Souls of pets.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The 3DS version is fine overall but it's also worse than the Wii U one is every conceivable way and the controls sorta suck. I'm sure you could get used to it but...why?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Switch Smash when

Sakurai got sick of working on Smash and said he's done so whenever he changes his mind again.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I have a friend that wants Ridley in Smash more than pretty much anything else in the world and I've teased him by suggesting they might put in the furby Ridley from other M because he certainly isn't too big

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Sep 7, 2017

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

StoryTime posted:

I really wish Samus Returns will be good.

Then again, AM2R was so good, no one can take that away from us

I just hope it doesn't flop

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Phantasium posted:

I would not get your hopes up.

I'm not expecting much. Like I'm not expecting it to even sell well enough to get more 2D Metroids. I'm just hoping it doesn't flop so hard they don't quietly try to shelve Prime 4

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

DLC Inc posted:

lol why and how the gently caress would they do that.

I suspect Nintendo brought out Metroid in full force because AM3R got so much hype that they think the IP might have more legs than they suspected. If their version of M2 flops hard, they will get might nervous about MP4, which was never a huge seller to begin with. Cancelling would be dumb as hell but it's also Nintendo. Still, more likely is they'll dial it back and just put in enough resources to get it working to the point where the die hards will claim it's great and everyone else is just a hater that's playing it wrong.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Raxivace posted:

Do you still have to buy the amiibo toys for stuff like Fusion suit DLC in Samus Returns?

Yes.

I was honestly annoyed because I saw a headline that said "AMIIBO NOT NEEDED FIR HARD MODE" and when I actually clicked the article it mentioned that for hard mode all you needed to do was beat the game...but for the even harder fusion mode you needed an Amiibo so thanks for click baiting me with no news I guess

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Sep 7, 2017

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I bought Songbringer on a whim because it seems like the sort of thing I would like and I think I hate this game. I rarely just completely hate a game but this have just seems like they hosed up something on an absurdly basic level. I am usually easy to please when it comes to action rpgs and I am far more tolerant of rogue lite bullshit than most but this game just feels bad.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
If I recall the single player in Saturn Bomberman is supposed to be good but it's always hard to tell when it comes to rare games like that because the few people that have them are gonna be inclined to talk them up.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Did treasures always make sound in the Uncharted games and I never noticed because I've never played with headphones, or is this a new thing?

Also God bless ND for actually having an option to turn button mashing off.

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Sep 10, 2017

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

So there was a follow-up article to that Cuphead video that was posted earlier that provides some context.

I thought it was a funny thing to watch and goof on one afternoon; of course I should have expected that some people would use it as an opportunity to open up another front in the idiot wars and start sending death threats

Leave it to the internet to ruin the simple joys of laughing at a guy for sucking at a game

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The thing is, in the end it doesn't even matter if it's legal, it just matters how Google wants to handle it. Like the first amendment doesn't even matter because it's google's space and they can shut down who they drat well please

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

DLC Inc posted:

pewdiepie fan/youtube men/twitter men are really really stupid and have little grasp on how the real world works

Tomorrow is Dishonored 2.5 and Metroid, what a year

I think Metroid doesn't come out until Friday because Nintendo like doing that for whatever reason.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

doingitwrong posted:

No, it matters how they handle it, legally. The DMCA requires them to take down content complained about in a timely manner. If they fail to do this, then they lose the protections they get as being a pipeline for content and can become liable for any rule breaking. Look up DMCA Safe Harbor if you want to know more.

Oh, I'm not saying dmca isn't a factor, I'm just saying even if it didn't apply and they did have a legal high ground (which they don't) Google could still take it down. Like the reason most YouTubers always seem dumb about this poo poo is because YouTube is stricter than they have to because they'd rather be safe than sorry, so YouTubers people assume every slight against them is google doing more than they legally have to, not realizing that even when that is the case, google can do whatever they want

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

Because they know gamers love a good weekend blitz

At this point I'm starting to think you might actually be getting money from Nintendo.

Anyways, Fusion is a good game overall but it's linearity is aggravating (especially because irrc there's only like one easily missable point in the game where you can actually go back and explore which is a weird thing to do in Metroid game) and the narrative kind of sucks. It's still a good game but it has a few big things holding it back made worse by the fact those things could have really easily been avoided.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Video games are fun and good but the most outspken people that play them are like the worst people.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Like I don't see playing games being all that different from consuming any other type of media. I'm no more ashamed of playing video games than I am going to the movies or watching a series on Netflix.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
My favorite thing about the Pewdiepie thing is the sheer amount of people outing themselves as loving awful people by acting like accidentally saying "friend of the family" is something that happens to everyone, not realizing that it is in fact something that doesn't happen to loving anyone unless it's a word they say a lot.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

Is there even any gameplay footage of it? I have yet to see any in the promos they've put it for it.

They've had plenty of gameplaye footage and a demo...

In Training posted:

I just remember the new MVC comes out this month and that absolutely nobody gives a poo poo. I hope Capcom goes out of business

Don't you keep posting about how much Street Fighter you've been playing?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

It looks so cheap and ugly, it's a real shame

I don't think Capcom have made a good looking 3D fighter yet. MvC3 was the closest but the models still mostly looked worse than they're crappy low res sprite counterparts

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

I wish twitter would die already

I remember thinking lol this thing won't last more than a year. :negative:

Twitter has legit done more good than like 90% of the rest if the web combined. It's also done about the same amount of awful as the same 90% but that still puts it up for deletions after that other stuff.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also I beat the new Uncharted and it is real real good but will convince pretty no one that doesn't like the series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Raxivace posted:

I played Uncharted 2 once and remember almost nothing about it.

Really? It had a bunch if cool moments.

• Locked thread