Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

YakuZa is goood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Moon Monster posted:

Dragon Age Inquisition was one of those 0/10 worst games ever along the lines of Halo and Half Life 2.

Dai sucked on launch day and not just hindsight

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

H e l l o vidcons cchat thread

Yo fak

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

It's like Dead Rising if you focus-grouped it to death until every last ounce of what made the first two games unique was removed. Also the real ending is DLC.

Capcom vancouvers current leadership is among the worst of any studio i can think of

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

i own a ridiculous number of copies of vagrant story

it's me, i'm the person who really liked that game.

The menu navigation to change weapons kills it for me but id love a remake

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I still have no idea how to read reddit or twitter

Its fun and low stress being old

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

IT, how was the ys8 music? The track in the demo felt subpar

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

homeless snail posted:

its one of the better looking psx games at least, if you run it in an emulator at a high res it could pass for a PS2 game

Its also got some amazing compression on the game. The file size is tiny on vita. Its a game you cant justify deleting

The game is pretty drab for stretches though

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

What is slowbeef up to these days?

He makes videos when hes babysitting his daughter or having trees fall on him

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I remember that game was kinda bad but good news for fans

Also if you want a good mid 2000's rts play kohan2

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dogsicle posted:

man, the weapon unlock system in Splatoon is rear end.

What aspect? The long wait and lack of choice about which you get next?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

single player games ftw

Single player games are full of obnoxious loot and chest systems now

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nintendo joined the season pass club. Buying keys to unlock kirby lootboxes is next

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

glam rock hamhock posted:

Finally got the Risky Boots dlc for Shantae, it was fun and good but like the base game it still didn't come close to the goodness of Pirate's Curse. Playing as Risky is fun but because you can do her levels in any order it makes the levels not as tight as they could be, especially given you're huge amount of mobilty moves. Only the last stage reallt makes you use all your moves and even that is over far too soon. The game in general is also really short, but that shouldn't really be a surprise.

Still good though

Good to know. Pirates is too drat good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

corn in the bible posted:

just more proof that botw isn't good :(

You have my broken axe!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The White Dragon posted:

which one was that? the mission i quit saints row 2 on was... man, what was it? i think it was some kind of bank robbery, or hi-rise invasion? and then you had to get away on a helicopter. but after barely making it to the helipad, some guys on the roof brought out rocket launchers and shot me down. it started me at the beginning of the survival section and i was willing to retry it, but then the game crashed (windows 7 dass why) :(

Thats the first 5 mins of sr3

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Really Pants posted:

I've only just got the first neuromod in Prey and I'm already hitting analysis paralysis. :spergin:

How should I use it?

Theres a side quest that lets you make as many as you want later so it doesnt matter. Just dont waste them on similar traversal skills.

For instance theres almost always 2-3 ways through every door: lifting a big box, hacking a computer, etc. pick one of these to focus on instead of grabbing all of them.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Calaveron posted:

A friend is recommending Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice so I look up trailers on youtube.
The first trailer is just footage of who I assume is Senua walking around with morose music while Dr. Claw narrates and nothing of the game is shown
The second trailer is again footage of Senua stumbling around dark and rotting areas while her sad, soft spoken narration is drowned out by morose music turned to 11
FInally I find a 2 minute "Gameplay Trailer" of which 90 seconds are again Senua looking sad and grimy and 10 seconds of Senua blocking attacks but getting her rear end kicked in doing so and the other 20 seconds being the COMING SOON screen

Do I uh, want to get the game or

Its a walking sim with some light shallow combat. The draw is the narrative, presentation, and msrp.

Not for everyone

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

It was long enough for me, the game is out in less than two weeks anyway.

I got lost for 40 mins cause the gap i hadnt explored was obscured by map icons.

Its good game!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

What does kiryu say in the shooting section when you turn on heat eye?

Sounds like rear end in a top hat.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Palpek posted:

I decided to give Starcraft 2's singleplayer campaign a go as I bought the game ages ago, never launched it and recently I had a bit of a craving for an RTS game. drat, I heard it was bad story-wise but I though it's like Starcraft 1 bad as in "unremarkable". No, this is extremely bad even for Blizzard, the dialogues are physically painful to listen to, it's horrific, at this point I'm just skipping everything and only focusing on gameplay but even then there's some story from time to time and it's actually getting worse :stonk:.

Go back and listen to the giant bomb goty podcast when brad retells every beat of the story to a hostile room cause he thinks its great

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Really Pants posted:

what shoes are best for gaming

Kuribo's

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

36 seconds omfg

I cant watch rn but im guessing they left in the terrible constant sound effects?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The game was built for single screen encounters so they probably had a hell of a time getting standard platform features bolted onto it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

I think it was originally a boss rush game but people got mad so they made...that

Microsoft asked for a more fully featured game after initial reactions came back or so goons say

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its like they looked at every 3rd party nes platformer and saw the constant enemy spam and thought they found an idea whose time had come again

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

So was Tacoma cool? I feel like nobody's talking about that game in the slightest. And I before you ask I like Walking Sims so I'm just curious about why this one came and went

Its very linear vs gone home and you spend the whole time watching hologram mannequins talk to each other so people were left flat after the hype.

Im pretty sure errant signal just did a review but i didnt watch it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hdr looks really good and as a bonus even if you are unable to see the difference, at least your tv is so loving bright now that the default brightness setting in games doesnt need to be changed as much

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hopefully gonna have a newborn next week unless shes as stubborn as her mom and stays in there.

Thanks for asking fak, glad you chowed down at robster

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

I hope the labor goes well. Or as well as labor can go, at least. Do you have a set date where you're just like "ok if the baby's not out by this time, we're getting a c-section"

Our doc says they'll try to induce a regular birth if shes not out by the 17th and only do a c section if that process leads to issues.

I think the days of like just tossing c sections around when they arent needed are numbered or at least this doc sees it that way. Shes lined up the right way to come out so they're gonna see if she does on her own or if they gotta use a medicine or whatever ( i dont know how induction works we need to ask that at the checkup this week)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DLC Inc posted:

it's in the top 10 bestseller list for console games this year iirc.

there's a lot of early stuff this year (Yakuza 0, RE7, Gravity Rush 2, Nioh, Night in the Woods) that feels like ages ago.

I think so far my top 10 looks like Yakuza 0, Zelda, Persona 5, Prey, Fire Pro World, maybe RE7. I'm expecting Mario Odyssey, Dishonored 2.5, Metroid to make that list later.

Yakuza 0
Nier
Horizon
Persona
Zelda
In that order for me personally

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I think they mean surprise in the sense that nobody believed the hype instead of like came out of nowhere

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The yakuza zero story had me jumping around one minute and loving crying the next it so hype ive never been more invested in a game narrative ever aside from the original nier and also you can do disco dancing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

:same:

It has the best story in the series by an extremely wide margin. Like, Akiyama in 4 was good, but 0 is next level, especially Majima's side of things.

The trailer for 2 kiwami has the 0 girl in it so you know they are cooking up some crazy good poo poo with her korean mafia history and tying that into the korean mafia story of 2.
Its gonna be so sick i cant believe im wishing 6 would hurry up and get out the way.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Knack being so expressive in an otherwise boring bland game is very funny and makes great gifs.

Mark cerny having a particles boner and pawning off every other aspect of the game to some warm bodies is also very funny

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The demo is so bad i wouldnt d/l it for a 5 dollar rebate

The only good thing about knack 2 is the upcoming vgdunky video about it

Knack 2 baybee, ha ha!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I had the titular line in skylight freerange gauduche

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I adopted a dog a year ago today but hes a cat

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

vermin posted:

What's the prevailing opinion on birds?

3 people in my family had parrots and were individually like thank god the burds finally dead after like 20 years of squawkin. They are too social with their groups in the wild to be with anybody but the most dedicated shut in bird nerd who will give them the enrichment they need to be chill

Lesser birds are pretty cool though but like put a feeder outside your window and skip the responsibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wildtortilla posted:

Birds yell too much and make messes. They're better left in their natural habitat. I don't understand bird people.

The real question is what is up with spider/scorpion people?

I got corn snakes and i imagine they are similar cactus tier pets that live on the shelf and require attention twice a month? Dont really know though

• Locked thread