Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Can't wait for Cuphead tomorrow, I'm ready to hate myself.

Here's the first eight minutes, including some bosses! https://youtu.be/vaXtAu42KRI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Ostentatious posted:

i heard the tutorial is the dark souls of level design

Im not expecting a gentle experience at all. That being said, Jesus you can tell how much care was put it.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Internet Kraken posted:

I'm not touching MMOs again until I find one that isn't focused on mindless grinding and stupid raids.

So I guess I'll just never play an MMO again.

Ff14 is like a final fantasy game, story and all, but with goons when you have to do poo poo! A lot of people don't even top tier raid, you really don't have to. Like you really really don't have to, but it's there for people who enjoy that.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Internet Kraken posted:

I watched someone stream FF14. Its literally mindless grinding and raiding. There's some other stuff on the side but the core of the game is everything I hate in MMOs.

Granted they never got to endgame, which people say is better, but that's what people say about basically every MMO. And I don't want to have to spend dozens of hours to reach the actual fun part of a game. They aren't supposed to feel like a second job.

Ff14 is not wow dude

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Internet Kraken posted:

I guess I just imagined the person I watched being handed quests the consisted of basically nothing but "go here, click on things, stab dudes".

Or you just weren't paying attention if that's all you were able to absorb from it. It's a Final Fantasy.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

glam rock hamhock posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the fact that after years of hype that there are no prerelease reviews for Cuphead is probably not a good sign.

There's a review embargo. Those things are industry standard at this point, so much so that the movie industry is catching on.

precision posted:

Watched Polygon's playthrough of it earlier and it really does not look all that great, definitely doesn't look like it should have taken so long to make. The art style is impressive technically but does nothing for me aesthetically. meh.

???

Doesn't look all that great? drat.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Andrast posted:

Red dead redemption is the only Rockstar game I've somewhat liked so I'm looking forward to 2.

Edit: gently caress I forgot about Lemmings

Ive always wanted to hear technicals about the spaghetti code of RD1. While you can hear that term all day im sure it doesnt cover how that poo poo probably is. I bet it's fascinating :allears:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Nah, it really is just WoW with a FF skin and a few different design choices, some of which aren't better.

Which is fine.

I disagree, ff14 has a straightforward story, the base and all expansions bridging quite well.

No one knows what the gently caress is happening in WoW leveling up or why the gently caress your doing anything until your at current content.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Hahaha holy poo poo. I mean I knew Jlo invested in a team, but goddamn this is the 21st century folks.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Macaluso posted:

I bought Cuphead, Hob sounds like it has too many bugs and stuff. I better not regret this on my birthday Cuphead devs :argh:

I even put in the extra 6 bucks for the edition with the soundtrack. I can't wait to get home and play!

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Macaluso posted:

As expected, the platforming sections are not designed well at all. There's no real level design, it's just a bunch of enemies thrown at you with seemingly very little though put into it. The bosses though are designed great

So it's pretty much one of those old school ship shooters just platforming. I can dig it, pressure seems to be the point of the game, but level design is always welcome for sure.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

DLC Inc posted:

the rule should be 3 games beaten OR play RE4 main campaign/Separate Ways/Assignment Ada

Why did you pick one of the non scary action RE?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

FirstAidKite posted:

I think ff8 had some of the better costume design of the series. I like squall's outfit, it is top tier main ff protagonist outfit imo.

Eight had just a cool aesthetic all around. I think my fondness for 8 is kind of why I like how they have the big bad in ff14, they're straight up Galbadia, except without the Sorceress worship.

Of course October always means a play through of the Silent Hills. Save for Downpour unfortunately, the only one you can't emulate.

Also lol, people on the Cuphead steam forums complaining about no regenerating health.

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Sep 29, 2017

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Cuphead is good and fun

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

homeless snail posted:

I turned on the giant bomb destiny raid stream, I think they're like 17 hours into it now and they all sound super pissed off lmao

"The least enjoyable of videogames"

Ouch.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

psychoJ posted:

It's fun, but this raid sounds, uhh... not fun.

Which is hilarious because pre release the devs were all "so a miniscule percentage of our players finished raids in Destiny 1, so we want a lot more of our players to see all the content this time around!"

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Zaphod42 posted:

Oh poo poo cuphead is out

anybody got it?

nice

Like holy poo poo it took me 20 tries to beat the blimp boss but the feeling of accomplishment you get is great. It's a "oh poo poo I hosed up" and not a "this game is loving cheating" kind of difficulty.

This is coming from someone who hates difficult poo poo, the whole thing is just charming as hell, granted I'm still on the first island.

precision posted:

this is disingenuous af my dude, i've only had the game 2 weeks and play 1-2 hours a day, several days i haven't played at all, and i'm "raid ready"

destiny 1 was an insane grind for broke brains but d2 really is not

I think they meant raids in general

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Sep 30, 2017

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Ah, Pearl gets the wrong choice this time?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Cowcaster posted:

i thought this was only an argument people had in simcity 2000 newspapers

I think it was a thing on Facebook last year too, one of the TP makers did a marketing thing

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Mine prefer cardboard boxes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

gently caress I remember this

• Locked thread