Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

They named the ninth month of the year September.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Sefal posted:

please let Gundam Versus be good a game
It looks fun based on the few YouTube videos I've watched of it but I'm really hoping it feels good to actually play.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I gotta be honest having played it again recently I don't see where the praise for Minerva's Den comes from. I thought it was easily the worst bit of BioShock content before Infinite came out.

Like does anyone even remember the name of the villain in Minerva's Den without looking it up? Or what any of the areas were named or looked like? The only real memorable thing about it, other than its okay twist, is like the Spitfire minigame IMO.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It would be the seventh month, as its name implies, if it weren't for two narcissistic Romans
Once again the 1% ruins everything.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

I only played the very first .Hack 🤔
I only beat Infection myself, but I'm gonna try and finish the other three before the G.U. HD games come out.

Kind of glad I waited to try those later ones now.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

Anybody else suddenly getting tons of random spam messages on PSN?

Why now all of a sudden?
I've been getting some of those. Not sure why they're happening but I usually just block the account and call it today.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

Anybody else suddenly getting tons of random spam messages on PSN?

Why now all of a sudden?

Raxivace posted:

I've been getting some of those. Not sure why they're happening but I usually just block the account and call it today.

Maybe the messages are from ourselves in the future trying desperately to change something terrible from happening, but the text just arbitrarily doesn't travel through time making the entire effort meaningless. We should just accept our fates IMO.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Man waking up with a bad headache loving sucks.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

What's been everyone's biggest surprise this year that they enjoyed? For me it was Friday the 13th: The Game.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

If only we had something to praise instead of our Dark Souls.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

exquisite tea posted:

Dang it's 9:59am and I've eaten two breakfasts and I'm still hungry.
I'm hungry too but I haven't had two breakfasts and it is no longer 9:59 AM.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Birds would be cool pets if you could train them to fly at random people, peck at them a few times, and then have them return to your shoulder before whoever you've decided to gently caress with on that day can swat at them.

You would be unstoppable.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Simon Blackquill was a visionary.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Yeah it's worth remembering that Smash 3DS came out a few months ahead of the Wii U release, and was also on a system people actually owned.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Sakurai didn't always make decisions I agreed with (And probably did deserve some of the criticism for things like tripping in Brawl), but he was also insanely dedicated to his vision of the Smash games and I can't help but have massive respect for that.

I hope he's resting now, wherever he is. Dude must be burnt out and then some.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Do you still have to buy the amiibo toys for stuff like Fusion suit DLC in Samus Returns?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

glam rock hamhock posted:

Yes.

I was honestly annoyed because I saw a headline that said "AMIIBO NOT NEEDED FIR HARD MODE" and when I actually clicked the article it mentioned that for hard mode all you needed to do was beat the game...but for the even harder fusion mode you needed an Amiibo so thanks for click baiting me with no news I guess
God that's really annoying. I'd check out some of the DLC stuff but I really don't care about the figures and would probably just throw them away if I had them.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

On kind of a whim now I'm playing Return of Samus and I forgot how bad I am at these bomb jumps in Metroid games. I can never quite get the timing right. :(

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

tap my mountain posted:

This just hurts my brain :pwn:
I dunno, clocks use the same set up with numbers and we accept it with those.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Ostentatious posted:

https://twitter.com/xdannyxbrownx/status/859760961313542144

fuckin same tho

last surprise has been stuck in my head for weeks now
Maybe it means the Phantom Thieves have been trying to change your heart for a while now.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

In Training posted:

WHats everyone playing tonight on this lovely friday?
Still on Metroid II over here.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Well I've beaten Metroid II. That's a rough game in a lot of ways, though it really made me appreciate the changes Super brought to the series more when previously I didn't like it that much after coming off of Fusion.

Really curious to see how Samus Returns reimagines this now.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Sep 9, 2017

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

When I saw my grandmother last her alzheimers had gotten real bad and for a moment she thought I was her son that had died at birth somehow all grown up. While she wasn't a perfect woman, she had been a very smart and lively woman before and seeing her confused and lost and not understanding how she got into a nursing home like that was very painful for me.

I don't regret going, but I can't blame anyone that isn't able to go through with it. Even a few years later I still occasionally cry about it.

Whatever decision you make about going, just make sure its the right one for you.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Motto posted:

Even dark souls has stuff like summoning that I see people get weird about
Yeah people really do get weird about summoning. I suggested online somewhere else once that Dark Souls wasn't actually that hard of a game to get all of the trophies in because of how far just having some decent summons can take you, and as a result I had people telling me that summons don't actually count, the devs actually didn't want you to use them or something etc.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Summoning in Dark Souls is fun because working with other people to fight monsters is fun IMO.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

PewDiePie will rue the day he tried to gently caress with Turt Reynolds.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Walking Dead Season 1 and Firewatch are both cool IMO.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The most amusing thing about the actual Walking Dead Season 3 to me is that a not insignificant portion of that game is just straight up a dating sim.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

In Training posted:

I chose Shrimp
You chose the correct option.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

Who the gently caress is even named Irma these days, really
Maybe it's a time traveling hurricane from the past.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

How does Wario feel about the Koopa Troopas and the Goombas? As the anti-Mario, does he fight for them? Does he champion their causes?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

Much as I like Ys I've been waiting 10 years for another good Metroid
I was going to say Prime 3 but gently caress that's like 10 years old itself now isn't it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Anyways we all know the best Metroid game is Prime Pinball.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I liked Mario Run, there just weren't enough stages.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I like the boss fights in Metroid, but the actual exploration doesn't do nearly as much for me.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Anime is good, is older than anyone posting here, and will outlive all of us.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

Have you ever played AM2R? That should turn you off Metroid boss fights forever.
I have not- I thought about it until Samus Returns was announced so I'll just play that instead.

I wouldn't even disagree that Metroid fights don't have significant flaws, but I dunno I just like shooting the monsters fast.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

chumbler posted:

I plan to live forever, along with anime.
That's an interesting but valid interpretation of Roger in The Big O.

Butt Ghost posted:

how can someone who has never existed truly know what it means to live
I remember you, and if you're remembered then that's proof you've existed.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Butt Ghost posted:

but are you remembered, av.
Answer seems to be no, but that's okay I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Phantasium posted:

Kirby Super Star
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JehP2et3gos

I still like Marx's theme.

• Locked thread