Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ometeotl posted:

Just call it a Procedurally Generated Auton-Runner, you pompous dolts.

Forced Advancement Reflex Test

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

lol anyone remember when old regdates were a loving badge of superiority and not a mark of shame as is proper

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

The BK Kids Club, but it's SquidVid instead of KidVid

Eels instead of Wheels
Jaws remains as-is

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I've only just got the first neuromod in Prey and I'm already hitting analysis paralysis. :spergin:

How should I use it?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

what shoes are best for gaming

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I rate all videogames based on one single criterion: whether or not gnawing on the controller gives me any painful plastic splinters in my mouth

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

No joke though what poster here wouldn't give their left nut to one day be immortalized as some gawdy DLC in their favorite game.

when I die please make me an anime girl

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

vermin posted:

Has anybody heard of this?

Apparently it's like some kind of hyper-realistic pirate simulation. Like Red Orchestra 2 but with pirates.

PLAY NOW, ME HEARTY

SAVE YER LANDLUBBER

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

on behalf of all the Mushroom Kingdom I would like to say that you have done super, Mario brothers

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

And so we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the Splatoon.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I heard Samus is a maid now

Nina posted:

I like Hollow Knight so far but the visual effect and pause for taking damage are really disruptive sheesh. I wish they could've picked a more elegant solution to making taking damage have impact to it

Avoiding damage becomes a lot easier once the Mantis Lords like you.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Sep 7, 2017

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

Did everyone hear that LA Noire is back

please tell us more about this

YOU'RE FULL OF poo poo HELP IM ALIVE, YOU KILLED HER AND DUMPED THE BODY IN THE RIVER DIDN'T YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

this sort of unpleasantness could be avoided, if we could all just agree to not pay attention to games journalism

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Who will give me money to play games in a competent but unexceptional way on YouTube?

anyone, so long as you stick a picture of a bra in the corner

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

what is the name of Mario's dog, I need to know

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

there's one part where New Yosuke gets harassed by hard-gay stereotypes

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Dr Cheeto posted:

Nighttime still feels good and dangerous and rewarding but daytime is a boring cakewalk at this point.

You can always use beds to sleep until nightfall. I don't remember if there's anything at all that's only available during the day.

If you haven't reached Old Town yet, things should pick up nicely then.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Endorph posted:

yes, sometimes people get together and have fun. shocking, i know.

fun is for casuals

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Zetsubou-san posted:

anything can be a squid

you're a kiwi now

you're a squiwi now

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Knack 2 is knack of the year

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I pray that this is the year our scientists can finally establish exactly what is, and is not, anime

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

What's a good game to play when you feel like poo poo and don't want to do anything hard

turn-based JRPGs are usually undemanding to play

point & click adventures too, as long as the puzzles aren't too obtuse

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Sep 18, 2017

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

please enjoy my Dark Souls visual novel for mature audiences: Jolly Copulation

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

al-azad posted:

A Dark Souls vn would basically be Fighting Fantasy or those CYOA where half the threads are intricate deaths.

More CYOAs should let you continue on with a penalty when you die.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Well this looks loving incredible but does "new sound design" mean new voice work? It just wouldn't be the same without SHUTTUP IM DINGO

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Viewtiful Jew posted:

And Kirby outlasted all of these platforming mascots.

He didn't even need clothes to do it.

pardon me but Kirby has shoes as well as many hats

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah, I've sold a few to Gamestop, why?

what did you buy with that fifty cents

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

financial success is entirely arbitrary and has nothing whatsoever to do with effort or merit

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Andrast posted:

pubg is good

both statements can be true

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

picross the boss

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

precision posted:

Like, if a single "game" of PUBG took days or weeks to play out, on a map that's entirely to scale (so it would take actual days to walk across it, and 5 or 10 hours to drive across it), requiring people to either stay awake indefinitely or find actual safe spots to "sleep", and be as complex as imaginable - you can track people, you can do wild things like dig a pit trap, etc - it would be fundamentally amazing.

this sounds like every lovely MMO that was ever destroyed by griefing, only more so

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Nina posted:

drat Hollow Knight is a blast when you have all your movement abilities. This is the first game I've played since KH2 where acquiring your movement options straight up makes it a much better game.

SteamWorld Dig 2 is the same way.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Denedict Rumberbatch

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Quest For Glory II posted:

someday I'll go through the free games on Steam and make a list, there's a lot now. here are some:

don't forget Princess Remedy in a World of Hurt

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Atlus shrugged

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

October Games Chat: The Night of Demonetized Content :drac:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the cephalopod anus is typically located inside the funnel or siphon