Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

People vape indoors like it's somehow so much better than cigarettes. Just vapin' away in the loving line at the grocery store. I hope they all choke on their vape juice somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Switch Smash when

Someone said that it's probably being held off so it doesn't cannibalize Arms, and I think that's sadly the case. So I imagine if we get it next year it won't even be til the later half of the year

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

This is the worst one

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Is there a way to see Overwatch's player count? I imagine it's probably comparable but you can't see it via Steam's thing for obvious reasons.

It's fascinating to me that PUBG is so popular. Not a single video of the game or anyone telling me about it makes it sound any different from the other games like it, yet it's hugely popular. What sets it apart from the other games like this?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Hello games thread, a large hurricane is gonna be heading straight down the middle of my state. But on the other hand Mario x Rabbids is VERY good. You win some you lose some!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Unfunny Poster posted:

:same:

I never understood why people get so mad at someone being bad at a video game.

I get frustrated watching someone be bad at platformer games I've played, but on the other hand, I haven't played Cuphead so for all I know the controls could just feel like dogshit and that guy just couldn't make the moves work for him.

It did escalate from "haha look at this guy failing at platforming" to "I want to actually murder this guy" really quickly though.

Also related TB of course went on an Old Man Yelling At Cloud rant about it which somehow relates to the left calling the right nazis??

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Dr Cheeto posted:

The saga of YouTube sucking continues
https://twitter.com/vgdunkey/status/906911531828436993
Dunkey has posted in the recent past about his shrinking revenue as well

Well it's not gonna get better with the face of youtube (pewdiepie) literally saying the N word on Stream :buddy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_bMArMJ-f8

https://twitter.com/slowbeef/status/906959553975259137

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Hey games thread! The power is out and the eye of the storm is about 30 min away from my house but I still got Mario Rabbids so things are still alright! 👌🏻

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Worst of the storm is gone for where I and now it's just windy (which is good cause it's HOT AF without power).

Here's my cat not giving A gently caress about 100 mph winds :cool:

Edit: Rabbids good

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The American Return to Dreamland cover is better than the Japanese one :colbert:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

Life is Strange had a very beautiful central relationship that could be guided to be more romantic, although this is probably 100% nominal as Kiss Chloe was like a 96% decision point.

The other option is Warren who lol I don't loving think so. I ignored his advances at every chance I got and made the science experiment blow up inhis face. I also cold shouldered him completely when you have the choice near the end to kiss or hug him

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

YO WHAT UP GAMES UP THREAD AFTER A WEEK AND A HALF I FINALLY HAVE POWER AGAIIIIIIIN

Rabbids and the Switch kept me sane the past 10 days if you were wondering which is the best console this generation

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Dr Cheeto posted:

How have you been charging your switch?

Sleeping at my brother's house/work

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I have problems with how Nintendo handles Youtube and Twitch stuff, but when you play with fire so hard like that guy like that like what are you expecting lmao

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Shindragon posted:

Oh wait you were in the area of that hurricane yah? Glad to see you are ok man

Got hit by the eyewall BABEEEE

Thanks, the worst part was just the week and a half without power, it was weakened quite a bit by the time it got to us. It's been hot AF

It does make me want to buy a portable charging thing that I can plug my Switch into tho. The system is basically perfect but I had to wait until I had access to an outlet to charge it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkrwUzWeACg

I'm pretty hyped to kill some nazis and become a frog on the same day

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

The wolfenstein 2 hype will turn to sour goon griping when it has more stealth sections in it like the first but i'll be like :getout:

I don't remember a lot of stealth sections in the first one?

And honestly the big shoot out parts where you just fought waves of enemies weren't even close to the strongest parts of the game. Like to me probably the weakest part of the game is the bridge section. The less actiony parts of Wolfenstein were REALLY REALLY good

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

homeless snail posted:

yeah all that stuff is in the game, the space stage is the part that people tend to like the most.

IDK I replayed spore a couple months ago and its fine, people talk it up like its the worst poo poo ever but it never really was. its just a kinda shallow minigame collection with a few interesting ideas that weren't executed particularly well

I hated Spore because it starts off awesome but then halfway through the game it becomes a lovely genre that I hate (RTS games barf).

PantsBandit posted:

I bought a nice vape (spent around ~100) about a year ago and it's been a great investment. Easy clean-up, fast charging, better for my lungs. I'd recommend.

I saw a guy with a vape in a grocery store the other day who walked right by two people and puffed out a bunch of vape smoke or w/e and it flew all into their faces and they just looked at this guy like :wtf:, and there's a guy at my local one who is a regular who always vapes in line waiting to pay for his groceries and blows his gross vape poo poo everywhere so in conclusion I hope vaping gets banned or super restricted in the same way cigarettes are inside.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

precision posted:

The fact that PUBG has an explicit rule against anyone ever working together unless you're specifically playing a team mode is something I didn't even know until 30 minutes ago, but is the perfect example of what I meant when I said it seems such a flat and sterile experience.

Wait is that really true lol

I feel like I keep hearing about all this weird unnecessary policing of things that the PUBG devs do and it feels weirdly strict for no good reason? Like that stream sniping issue that recently came up, it's like well it's your game and it's your right to do that but... really?

Also the thing with Fortnite where they are considering taking "further action" legally against the Fortnite devs is :rolleyes: Like sure okay maybe the Fortnite devs shouldn't be namedropping PUBG in their marketing but not a single thing about PUBG is original to you so don't even act like Fortnite is stealing your game idea

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

boy are my arms tired posted:

the bottom right logo looks decent actually, wow

I was gonna say the same thing! I actually really like that one

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Mmm yummy. Forty-minutes of new Oddworld stuff.

.....Now Lorne I'm looking at this chart @10:20 and I'm really interested to know...

Y'know kinda interested...what exactly are these upper-tiers of the Oddworld Population Control Structure going to look like? Like how do you personify a Globalist Banker?

I skipped ahead in the video to a part where they're talking about the new character designs they're able to do now with this new game. The new characters for Abe's race are cool but WOW the Glukkons! They're so varied and interesting looking while still obviously all being part of the same race. That poo poo is so cool. Loving those designs. They also focus a lot on the eyes which is always super important and it really shows

The logo needs to be better tho

edit: I really need to see gameplay cause man is the description of it killing my interest. Sometimes it sounds like he's describing an RTS, sometimes it sounds like it's like the original game only with crafting for some terrible reason

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Sep 23, 2017

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I am SO INTERESTED in this after literally only 14 seconds of gameplay:

https://twitter.com/laytonhawkes/status/912145372184809472

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Cuphead comes out this week! Did the hype die for it? I hope it's good :(

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Finally go to buy PUBG because all my friends are playing it 24/7 even though I have no interest in it, and as soon as I click the purchase button Steam goes down for maintenance or something. Even the elements are trying to warn me against this game

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Has anyone here played Hob?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Trying to play PUBG with friends and my game is running like absolute dogshit. Tried fiddling with the settings and it's not fixing it. Suggestions? The loading screen takes forever. Huge lag spikes, game locking up in vehicles, etc. I know it's early access but my friends are able to run it fine and my computer should be more than capable of handling this game

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I want to get Cuphead but I saw that Hob also came out so now I don't know which one to get. Both is not an option for a few weeks :ohdear:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I bought Cuphead, Hob sounds like it has too many bugs and stuff. I better not regret this on my birthday Cuphead devs :argh:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

oddium posted:

october games chat thread it's my birthday its my birthday !!

What up September 29th birthday bro! :hfive:

Btw re: Cuphead: The platforming segments are COMPLETELY optional, and seem to just be a way to A) 100% the game and B) get extra coins if you want. I beat the garden boss, and it was pretty easy. I then went to the slime boss and it's... not going as easy lol. I feel like the game is gonna get super difficult pretty quickly. The game is 100% about learning the patters and that's gonna probably require dying over and over on the bosses to learn their moves

edit: This game REALLY needs health bars for the bosses though

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Sep 29, 2017

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

As expected, the platforming sections are not designed well at all. There's no real level design, it's just a bunch of enemies thrown at you with seemingly very little though put into it. The bosses though are designed great

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Night in the Woods hits so close to home that it's a little spooky so play that

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The roller coaster balloon head guy is wrecking me in Cuphead :psyduck: It's only the first encounter of world 2!

I have the hardest time with the dog head ballon roller coaster section of the fight, it's easily the hardest part for me

edit: no the hardest part is definitely the loving penguins jesus christ

edit: This fight is nonsense and has too much RNG. Don't @ me :colbert:

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Sep 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

try doing the dessert lady first she's pretty easy

I may have to, that guy was tilting me which was making the situation worse tbh

• Locked thread