Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Where were you from again?

/edit:
genuine question

I think baring a few exceptions we've all pretty much got the stupidest people running out countries. Funny how that's worked out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The nukes are already on their way.

I couldn't figure out how to bulk out last weeks time sheet. This'll solve everything.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

This may be the dumbest speech I've ever listened to.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

fromoutofnowhere posted:

Should start taking bets on if Mar A Lago gets wiped off the loving map.

I don't know how to feel about that, I've got a bunch of friends in Florida so I don't want the place wiped out. On the other hand, if that place specifically got wiped out I'd throw a party. I mean, scientifically, there isn't any reason the hurricane couldn't just sit and smash that and dissipate, I'll put my hopes on that.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

psydude posted:

What's everyone's Grover prediction of Irma?

Please find the original :)

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

mlmp08 posted:

Ignoring how dumb/bad all this is even without hindsight, in what world do civilians and coalition forces get nailed with chem/bio weapons and the civilian casualty count is 3,000 and the coalition casualty count is 15?

Clancyland.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Your avatar made that post awesome.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Imagine if black people had the same type of representation.

As a black, yeh, this happens. And nice one ElMaligno.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Are they any good at building walls? Might be a job going.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

That Works posted:

Unlike his father he is turning left.

ahahaha. You've cheered up an otherwise annoying monday.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Vasudus posted:

When my identity got stolen I got buzzed by my monitoring agency that work gives me (InfoArmor) and then Credit Karma about six hours later.

Now I've got a 7-year total freeze on all my reports, nobody can do anything on my credit report without my express permission. WHY ISN'T THIS THE DEFAULT THING.

It's cheaper this way. Although saying that, I bet you could make a fortune running the infrastructure to do it properly, so gently caress knows. Lazyness.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

That was a good quote, but you really can't quote that without the rest

He was responding to criticism from the citizens of Atlanta who were (naturally) very upset that he planned to burn the city, and he basically said "You helped pursue this war, you helped supply the armies wrecked and burning in the North, and now that it is turned upon you, you cannot take it? Please."

Out of all the major players in the American civil war, he's the only one I'd like to meet. Probably call me an idiot.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Watching Broken Arrow, goddamn the 90s was weird. Also, I really want to sit in a B2.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Can't come soon enough. Build us a spare one, we've forgotten how to build them in the UK.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

That does suggest a really interesting way to attack him. Putting my mathematics hat on, urm, what if we took all the tweets / news he basically responds to like he's having a heart attack, and train a RNN bot to just post that at him on twitter. If I didn't have so much work to do today I'd be right on that. He can't not pay attention.

There you go, I believe I've described how to entirely legally decapitate the executive.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

M_Gargantua posted:

drat it NSA keywords.

I'm on so many bloody watch lists already I'm past the point of caring.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

mlmp08 posted:

Puerto Rican misery is a means by which we can exalt central authority figures.

Give it a couple of weeks. There's bugger all footage to nail the government with because blatantly, everything has been knocked over / destroyed. This poo poo will come back to haunt him, unfortunately it'll take a shitload of people in PR being hosed and dying to do it.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

This is a weird world

I don't want to say democracy has been proved a total failure, but really, democracy is a total failure.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

The administration's public relations strategy for Puerto Rico just leaked. They're completely full of poo poo, top to bottom.

https://www.axios.com/scoop-homeland-security-adviser-pushes-upbeat-pr-campaign-for-puerto-rico-2491615820.html

And the Spanish Catalonia Independence referendum is being shut down and it's leading to really interesting video, including firefighters protecting people from cops:

https://twitter.com/MStothard/status/914383185936621568

https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/914453806712344577

I was about to post about the situation in Catalonia, I've been following it fairly closely the last day. poo poo's going nuclear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

How much of a loving nazi cop do you have to be to follow orders telling you to drag people out of polling stations? Jesus gently caress.

We have similar police in the UK, I know it's different in the US because everything is done state by state. Your normal UK cop is fine and would rather resign rather than pull that poo poo, then, we have the MET, the greater London force. You do not talk to them, look at them or breathe anywhere near them because they'll cave your face in and not care. I believe the Spanish version of the MET has been sent in by the government, this is a terrible mistake, but there you go.

• Locked thread