Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

A Strange Aeon posted:

What made everyone take the plunge to digital comics?
They're a lot cheaper.

ebooks and tablets are complete poo poo compared to actual paper but even after currency conversion a normal trade is half the price on Comixology that it is in a store here. I wouldn't have read Hickman's Marvel run if I had to pay book prices for it, for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Wheat Loaf posted:

Do action movie trailers have cold opens now? Like, they'll do a condensed version of the trailer then run the trailer itself which has the same footage? I was watching the trailer for The Foreigner and it had one of them.

Yeah, they run a short version of the trailer before the actual trailer so that people see it before they close the window / skip the video.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

I don't know when I started realising movies could be bad, but it had to be well after I repeatedly watched a copy of Highlander 2 I had taped from TV.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

TenCentFang posted:

It looks like some kind of BDSM thing.

Between the mask and the posture, yeah, it looked vaguely like some fetish stuff.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Decius posted:

If you can't "call a spade a spade" you might as well salute Hitler!
Sadly that view gets more and more common.

"Call a spade a spade" didn't have a racist origin, for what it's worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Borges loving rules.

purple death ray posted:

Frank Miller was always a hard right nut job, he just got way more outspoken after 9/11. It's all there in his 80s stuff. It really makes me second guess how much I love Batman considering how many of his "best" writers are using him for fascist wish fulfillment.
Which is funny given

Frank Miller posted:

Anybody who thinks Batman was fascist should study their politics. The Dark Knight, if anything, would be a libertarian. The fascists tell people how to live. Batman just tells criminals to stop.

• Locked thread