Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's impossible to overstate how important Len Wein was to comics as we know them, even beyond being the guy who co-creater Wolverine and the rest of the Giant Size X-Men.

Dude gave X-Men to Chris Claremont, personally hired Alan Moore onto swamp thing, and scouted Dave Gibbons from the British indie scene.

The guy had an amazing eye for talent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

KaosMachina posted:

Grain of salt, yes, but if it's real what I wouldn't give to hear that phone call.

The incredibly awkward phone call of someone reminding Stan they already talked about it

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TenCentFang posted:

It should be David Robert Bruce Banner.

david was fully made up by the tv show because they thought bruce was a gay name

seriously

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Old Hulk is incredibly weird because it feels like nobody really knew what they wanted that character to be so the status quo just changes constantly in increasingly insane ways for the first couple of years until they found something that stuck

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Hulk's probably one of my top 3 favorite Marvel characters and all that weird inconsistent changing at the start is, I feel, why the character works. You still see it today with Hulk changing wildly from writer to writer like nobody else does, and that's okay! Because Hulk changes. That's what that character is.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
a quick look at his twitter timeline will show you he's a giant piece of poo poo

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Unfortunately ignoring them doesn't help the people they're actually targeting.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's too bad just typing "rrrrrghhh" and hitting post is too low effort or I would have just done that

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I spent years trying to forget Liberality for All gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

irlZaphod posted:

By being WickedHate.

Or American Dracula