Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
"Triumph of our Will"

Yipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Lurdiak posted:

Don't forget that he's the bad guy.

Oh, I know. That's just a pretty specific dig.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
I've only read the beginning of Invincible and the Marvel Team Up story that had Freedom Ring and the Iron Maniac, and what I picked from both of those is he's kind of sadistic and pessimistic to the point I won't read him.

Oh wait, I read half of his horrid Ant Man miniseries that had that horrible nihilistic rear end get the suit and I had to put it down because I really hate pure rear end in a top hat protagonists. It was just kinda nihilistic to me.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

TenCentFang posted:

I'm reading Jack Kirby's Eternals. There is a lot of exposition.

I grabbed the first issue on that as one of those $1 marvel reprints. I'ma have to read that. I love Chariots of the Gods stuff and it's not even subtle about being inspired by that.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Rhyno posted:

I assumed he was trolling?

Lady Rainicorn's parents are pregnant again and I can't loving wait to see what they name number three.

If it's a boy, Lord Monochromicorn is the obvious answer.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

A Strange Aeon posted:

I got this discount book catalog in the mail and it has some comics in it. Could the "Just Imagine Stan Lee Creating the DC Universe Omnibus" be worth $25? It's 726 pages, and Kubert, Gibbons, Buscema, and Ordway are mentioned as artists.

I'm having a hard time imagining Stan's takes on Batman and Green Lantern as any good, but maybe it's interesting as a curio? When did they publish this, anyway?

It's tacky and great as a curiosity. I want it for twenty five bucks!

I love how Batman is just Luke Cage but with bat powers.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Every character in that storyline was terrible/great, but Jaxxon was extra special.

Don Wan Kihotay was also pretty special.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Honestly, once Carmine Infantino takes over, the Star Wars series is pretty solid. I especially like Baron Tagge, who was blind with a super-vision visor before Geordi existed, and who's whole story is case study in hubris and why normal people shouldn't play with lightsabers.

But there are also gems like pre-RoTJ, polite Jaba the Hutt (who was just some guy they pulled out of the background of the cantina and they based his personality on the unused Jabba lines from the original film):

And the Chris Claremont story that was supposed to originally be a comic book John Carter of Mars story, but they didn't get the license, so they did it as a Star Wars story and had people draw Stormtrooper armor over the Tharks and added some dialog (yes, added dialog to a Chis Claremont story) about giant stormtroopers. At least Simonson was on art for that one.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Aphrodite posted:

It looks like it's because of this? Others in the industry adding similar sentiments and support.

He needs to include a mugshot.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

TenCentFang posted:

You can't talk me into it, I've read your entry in the Monster Manual so know the only way to escape the curse is to trick someone else into bearing it.

That would actually be an awesome movie.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Rhyno posted:

Well Diamond probably won't carry that so I'm really looking forward to the cold call where they try to get us to carry it.

Will they ask for it to be put next to your back issues of Liberality for All?

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

When he dies that last one should be made into a statue in his honor.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

muscles like this! posted:

He is the guy who tried to fix the Hugos so women wouldn't win. This is what has lead to a spate of "no winner" Hugo categories because they could stuff the ballot for nominations but not the people who would actually vote for a winner.

He also considers himself John Scalzi's personal arch enemy and is constantly doing such classy things as claiming he couldn't possibly be that popular and successful. It's amazing how people who think they are the master race spend all their energy on weird, infantile poo poo.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Gaz-L posted:

Heh, you just reminded me of the older Marvel RPG that they self-published, with the gem-stone resource system instead of dice. I still have my core books for that from when I was like 16, and every time I open the main book, I get to one part of the combat rules and I swear to god they skipped a bit, because there's a super-obvious question regarding how defence works that I always ask, and I ALWAYS end up finding isn't in the book and has never really been answered.

This is the only Marvel RPG I know:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Lurdiak posted:

You mean besides publishing a book where a Batman stand-in murders all muslims?

Wasn't his original Robocop 2 script kind of out there as well? Like "evil man-hating feminist is responsible for everything" kinda stuff?

I feel like a lot of these people have had these problems for a long time, which would be ok if they got better rather than visibly worse.

• Locked thread