Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My favorite expy is Green Arrow, who is Batman.

A Strange Aeon posted:

Does DC ever explain why Earth is such an attractive target for intergalactic invaders and stuff? Maybe it's asking too much for a reasonable explanation of why some alien would come specifically to earth to gently caress it up, given no one really wants to read stories with less at stake because they take place on planets and to cultures entirely fictional instead of in, say, New York City.

One recent explanation was the White Lantern entity is on Earth so it's like a beacon to bad space dudes.

Another explanation has been that Earth is uniquely filled with superpowered people (because of the meta gene), so the aliens see it as a challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's no such thing as too much Mortal Kombat.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Frank Cho needs to get decked by a guy in a black hoodie.

While that's true, Cho's gimmick came from the Manara Spider-Woman butt pose.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Identity Crisis, Infinite Crisis and Amazons Attack are now officially outside the last decade.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Have they made her more complicated than a Jean clone?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Who cares? It's loving Silver Surfer.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's the best kind of propaganda.

It's 110% Superman, something nobody sane could argue is a bad thing to do, and it still makes the other guys look like morons.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 15, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's also the guy pushing the narrative that all of Marvel's editors have no experience in the industry and are diversity hires spinning out of the milkshake thing.

Even worse, he likes Dan Slott.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

X-O posted:

I think the creators hitting back are making a mistake. I understand wanting to defend yourself and call out morons like this but at the same time all you're doing is raising their profile. Just ignore these small time idiots and it's better for everyone. I'd never heard of this shitheel before this very moment and though I agree with what Tynion is saying here I never would have heard this garbage without him responding to it. I'm sure there are others who also hadn't heard of it and at least some of those people are so stupid they believe all that poo poo and now you've just made more followers for these people. Again it feels good to tell someone like that to gently caress off but does that offset possibly exposing this brand of stupidity to more people that might embrace it? I don't really think so.

It looks like it's because of this? Others in the industry adding similar sentiments and support.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/jonnywaistcoat/status/825521837828403200

I don't know who this is* but someone linked it in Discord earlier and it seems appropriate.

Remember what Cap says**: Always Punch a Nazi

*: So if he's a milkshake duck don't blame me.
**: Maybe not that one...

site posted:

Same with his buddy in cahoots tom brevoort

Brevoort actually did share Waid's post.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Zoro posted:

That looks like Richard Spencer, the leader of the alt-right (*cough* neo-nazi *cough*).

That's Spencer in the video yeah, I mean the guy tweeting it out. I didn't review his feed or anything.

It's from January so we got Seattle nazi getting knocked the gently caress out to complete the set.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

We're in a pretty nice open air mall.

I have no pics of Ollie's rear end. Mine is in my locker at work as I had to move a ton of poo poo around after work and didn't want to risk damaging it.

I got you.

Ollie needs to do some squats.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Superman sang the end of the multiverse away. Didn't even have to punch.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Everyone uses a bit of autotune.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jean's going to bring Cyclops back.

Then she's going to fight Emma for him in the event Death of Ex.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bendis had all this stuff about what Cyclops would do and who he would become and then because he's Bendis he took too long doing other stuff and never actually got there.

Nothing Cyclops did at all made him a Hitler Monster, and he never even had a revolution. SHIELD wanted to assassinate him for... showing up to help mutants occasionally?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Even that took way longer than it should have.

And wasn't because of BSS.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Her legs are definitely backwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Don't give them more attention you dweebs.

3000 followers, I don't think he really is.

• Locked thread