Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

RCarr posted:

I had the same exact choice and I'm going with Kroft.

Amari Cooper and Michael Crabtree are both out this week. Do I play Cordarelle Patterson (vs NYG) over any of these guys? 0.5 ppr

TY Hilton @ JAX
Dede Westbrook vs IND
Jermaine Kearse vs KC

I have Hilton and Kearse too. I'm going Kearse. Hilton always struggles against good defenses, and JAX is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

RCarr posted:

I have to start 3 WR's. Currently I'm playing Hilton, Westbrook, and Kearse. I'm asking if I should play Patterson over any of them.

Oh sorry, I can't read. Patterson over Hilton probably with Cooper and Crabtree out.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I snuck into my playoffs, and managed to pick up Josh Gordon last week, so now I have what I guess would be a good quandary on who to sit/start. I'm trying to debate who to put in my RB2, WR2, and Flex spot. Here's who I've got:

RB - Crowell, Gore
WR - Gordon, Kearse, TY Hilton, Paul Richardson

My lineup right now is

RB2 - Gore
WR2 - Gordon
Flex - Crowell

Kearse and Hilton are playing against pretty good WR defenses, while Cleveland is up against GB, and Gore is up against Buffalo, who is apparently last against the run. Kearse has had two really good games in a row though, and I'm wondering if that will continue.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Suave Fedora posted:

Whoever wins this makes the last playoff seed and kicks the other out.

Question my judgement:

1) QB: I’m sitting Goff vs PHI for Garoppolo @ HOU

Reasons:

Against passing TDs: PHI is middle-third against passing TDs with 17. HOU is bottom-third with 23.

Against passing yards: PHI is middle-third with 2701 and HOU bottom-third with 2829.

Ugh. I may have talked myself out of this one. PHI has second-most passing attempts against them with 459 while HOU has third-least with 384. I believe that would be because opposing QBs have to throw more just to keep pace with the PHI offense.

Vegas lines: PHI vs LAR is the second-highest line with 50.5. SF @ HOU is 43.

2) I am sitting PHI @ LAR for CIN vs CHI

Less heartburn with this one. CIN vs CHI has the lowest line at 37.5 .

:worship::thurman: Tecmo Thurman kindly bless this team with a win :worship::thurman:

I think the QB one is a tossup, but I would lean Goff. Garoppolo is still an unknown at this point, and Phi has still had games where they gave up a lot of points to QBs. Houston is pretty bad though, tough decision.

I think you're definitely right on picking CIN against CHI. CHI doesn't turn the ball over much, but they don't score at all. It's at least a way less risky option.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Anyone have opinions about Cle v GB for D? It’s either them, Bills, or Jets. I have Baltimore, but now I’m having doubts and wondering if I should make a switch.

I’m a little reluctant to go Bills, even against Ind.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I didn’t see anyone with opinions on Cleveland though, unless i missed it.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Last week I had a pretty good idea on who to start, but I feel like my matchups this week have me guessing all over.

Pick one:
Bortles vs. HOU
Smith vs. LAC

And then I'm debating on who to start for my WR2 and Flex spot, so I guess pick 2:

Gordon vs. BAL
Kearse @ NO

Crowell vs. BAL
Paul Richardson vs. LAR
TY Hilton vs. DEN

Only other thing of note is I have the Baltimore D, so I'm getting really reluctant to play Crowell and Gordon because I'm going to be trading points. I'm willing to go with one of them though, or I guess I could do both and then just accept that I'm hedging my bets. I could go out and get another D. Best other options are Panthers vs. GB, or Bills vs. Miami. This is one of the few times all season where I have really questioned like half my roster.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Well I just noticed someone dropped Ajayi, I put in a waiver claim on him, but I should know tomorrow if I will get him.

Is Ajayi worth starting over Gore vs. DEN or Crowell vs. BAL? He's going against the Giants, and now that Wentz is out, I'm thinking he'll get more touches. He hasn't been huge, but I'm thinking of putting him in over Gore. Gore has a tougher D, and plays Thursday, so it's a short week. Gore racked up a ton of yards last week, but that was because of the snow in Buffalo.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Suave Fedora posted:

Alex Smith vs Chargers
or
Bortles vs HOU

I already know my answer but want bro-support.

I have the exact same QBs and going Bortles. Jimmy G did alright vs. Houston last week and Bortles puts up better numbers than him.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Poque posted:

Better start than either imo.

Well poo poo, some guy who is in the consolation brackets snagged Ajayi. Guess I'm riding Gore and Crowell. I keep looking at my bench, but I don't think any of these guys are worth starting over them, right? I already asked, but god I don't trust either of these guys even though both just had pretty good weeks.

Richardson vs LAR
Javorious Allen vs. CLE
Travis Benjamin vs. KC

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Ok, in my finals, but it's two weeks long. My two big questions are QB, RB2, and Flex

QB:
Smith vs. MIA
Bortles @ SF

Flex & RB2
Gore @ BAL
Javorious Allen vs. IND
Crowell @ CHI
P. Richardson @ DAL

Even though Bort had the better week last week, and plays a slightly worse team, I'm leaning Smith. Assuming Fournette comes back, I think Bortles will throw less, and Smith still had a pretty good week.

Leaning Allen because I think Baltimore will pull away from Indy early, and he'll get a lot of garbage time runs. Gore because Baltimore is not great against the run, and his floor is like 6 points, which is better than most of my other options. Chicago is pretty stingy against the run, so I don't trust Crowell. Debating about Richardson, but he is a gamble. Last options are I'm trying to pick up Martavious Bryant and Perine off waivers. If I get either of those, I think I plug them in over Allen.

Does my logic seem bad here? I've actually made the correct choices for the majority of the season, so I usually trust my gut.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

Gordon and Cole.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

God I continue to have doubts.

Does anyone think Keelan Cole is worth starting over Gordon @ CHI, or Mike Wallace vs. IND? Cole has had three really good games in a row, and SF is not great on D, has me thinking about starting him over Gordon.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

No PPR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

Hmm. If you had ppr I'd say Gordon for sure, but I'm not sure without ppr.

I'd definitely play him over Wallace, but probably a toss up between him and Gordon. Gordon does have 13 more targets over the last 3 weeks than Cole, so I'd say he's got a safer floor even in 0 ppr.

Ok thanks. I think I'm going to go Gordon Cole.

• Locked thread