Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Q_res posted:

Trying to figure out my FLEX, ESPN standard scoring, 0 PPR.

Starting RBs: Le'Veon Bell @ Cle, Todd Gurley vs Ind

Starting WRs: Amari Cooper @ Ten, Terrelle Pryor vs Phi

Flex: Darren McFadden vs Giants

Bench:

RB - Kareem Hunt @ NE, Terrance West @ Cin, Derrick Henry vs Oak
WR - Kelvin Benjamin @ SF, Donte Moncrief @ Rams, Sterling Shepard @ Dallas
I'd roll out Hunt over DMC. Giants defense is no joke and that could be a low-scoring affair. Hunt will likely be a large part of KC's gameplan vs a NE d-line that Belichick has to piece together over the first few weeks (they had to trade for another DE at the end of preseason to fill it out). I'd also roll with Benjamin over Pryor for the TD upside. I want to see that Redskins offense actually work before I trust in Pryor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

I would start Maclin over Jeffery. The Ravens had a grand total of 121 yards passing in that game and ran the ball 42 times. You don't get game scripts that one sided all that often. They took the air out of the ball early and never had to care. Maclin looked real good before that happened though. Easy 48-yard touchdown while being one of two guys to have multiple catches. The other was Woodhead so Maclin's target share against Cleveland is going to be real high and it's going to be easy for him to move the chains. I have no faith in Jeffery on the road against the KC secondary.

What sort of confidence do people have in Martavis Bryant this week? Still feel good about starting him?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

VietCampo posted:

my WR3 slot is in shambles and i need to pick one AND a flex from

.5 PPR

Diggs vs TB
Thielan vs TB
Cobb vs CIN
Sproles vs NYG
Chris Carson @ TEN

also need a TE

Jimmy Graham @ TEN
Ebron vs ATL

:rip: Bradford
Thielen, Carson, and Ebron.

schweens posted:

I'm going to agree with Henry/Jeffery/Cooks/Parker.

My RB dilemma this week. Full PPR:
C. Thompson vs OAK
T. Coleman @DET -where i'm leaning
D. Johnson @IND
J. Allen @JAX
I think I like Allen the most.

Want some second opinions on this. Full PPR. Need two Flex players and already in an 0-2 hole.
Eric Decker vs. SEA
JJ Nelson vs DAL
Jonathan Stewart vs. NO
Marvin Jones vs. ATL
Ben Watson @ JAX
Alvin Kamara @ CAR
Joe Mixon @ GB

I'm leaning Decker+Watson. I'm iffy on Nelson and Stewart despite the plus matchups but would entertain a desperation Mixon start if we hear reports on Sunday morning that they might feature him.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Bellmaker posted:

e: gross Mariota vSEA :barf: Any good spot starts? Smith @LAC or Siemian vBUF?
As a fellow Mariota owner, I'm rolling with Alex Smith over him this week. Chargers lost their #1 CB for the season and don't really have proper answers for the Chiefs weapons so I think the Alex Smith QB1 train keeps on rolling.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

cool kids inc. posted:

Fitz vs TEN or Gordon vs GB? 0PPR, standard rules. Half tempted to put both in and bench Julio because apparently they are never going to throw to him despite the fact that he scores when they do.

I might be a little bitter, but you bet your rear end I've got Rodgers waiting to take Ryan's place once he's back in it.
I vote for benching Julio. He'll have to contend with Marshon Lattimore for most of the game, who is playing very well for a rookie CB and has the speed to match Julio. I don't think it's a big game week for him whereas Fitz and Gordon could see 20+ targets combined.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Zauper posted:

I'd say the opposite -- NO has had a decent season on defense, but they've been allowing top WRs to put up points against them fairly consistently. I think the WR1 on the last 3 teams they've played -- none of whom are nearly as good as julio -- has put up 14+ points. (funchess 14, watkins + kupp over 14, 3 redskins WRs at 10+...). Before that they did well vs buffalo, tampa with a backup QB, chicago, and a rodgersless GB, but both DET WRs 18+ points.

I feel like their defense is currently overrated because they had a long string of bad offenses.
I think that it's all tied to Lattimore's presence. He was hurt in the Redskins game and did not play the following games against the Rams and Panthers. He's returning against the Falcons though.

Edit: Actually I misread something and Lattimore may not play this week or is at least much more of a GTD than I thought.

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 6, 2017

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Zauper posted:

Impossible to test, but I don't really buy it. They did play a string of struggling offenses in a row -- first full game without rodgers; bears (though they allowed 92 yards to tre McBridge who is now a FA); TB without winston; buffalo. These are all offenses that have done poorly against multiple defenses, good and bad.

Lattimore played against Detroit when Tate and put up 18.6 and 19.1 points. He played against the Fin's struggle offense when parker put up 10 and landry put up 7 (Cutler, who has obviously not been good went 20/28). He played against the Vikings when Thielen and Diggs each put up 20+. He played against the pats when hogan had 16 and dorsett had 9, and gronk had 100+ yards and a TD.

You could say those were the first 4 games of the season so he was adjusting to the league, but it seems just as likely that the high performance of the defense is more tied to the poor offense teams they were playing. Particularly when you notice that we aren't talking about 1 player who is performing well in these games, we are talking about multitudes.
The Vikings offense suckerpunched them in week 1 but Lattimore gave Brandin Cooks (2-37) fits in the game against the Pats. He was covering the top outside guy so that was Cooks in that one; Hogan was doing a lot of damage out of the slot and of course he wasn't covering Gronk. Then Parker and Landry were absolutely held in check throughout the Saints/Dolphins game; if not for a 21-yard catch for Parker on the final garbage time Dolphins drive, both would've ended the game with 40-something receiving yards. The Detroit game, yeah he did get bested by Marvin Jones (wasn't matched up with Tate) but looking back now, I think that had more to do with Marvin Jones' breakout this year than poor play by Lattimore. I feel like that's much more of a mixed bag than you are presenting. At this point, Lattimore is allowing a 47.4 passer rating on passes thrown in his coverage, which is third-lowest among cornerbacks. He is a legit Defensive ROY candidate and will be a factor against outside WRs when he plays.

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Dec 7, 2017

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

MacheteZombie posted:

Oh drat I forgot Tyrod jacked his knee up.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Here's another one since I talked up Robby Anderson and it's making me question my QB situation:

Newton vs Min

Keenum @ Car
Winston vs GB
McCown @Den

I'd have to drop someone on my roster to get McCown. Worried about Cam against that Minn DST even at home.
Yeah, I feel like Minnesota's defense can keep Newton in check and feel better about the Keenum/McCown options as QB1s with safer floors. I think you'd be okay with either of the two; hard to feel that strongly about one over the other. McCown is probably facing the tougher defense but could see the more favorable game script.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Greg the Leg vs @SEA or Robbie Gould vs TEN?

Greg has been my man all year but there's no way the Niners don't kick five field goals today and beat the Titans anyway.

This decision has been eating away at my soul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Gobias Ind. posted:

I've actually been debating this exact scenario too. Gould feels like the play but it feels so wrong to bench The Leg and if I lose as a result of that swap I might just die.
Right there with you. This might be the hardest decision I've had to make all year. I've gotten 17 from him in 5 of his last 7 games. But everything is telling me Gould here.

May the football gods have mercy on my soul...

• Locked thread