Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

DrSunshine posted:

Presumably she knows what underwear she put on in the morning. Come on now!

She's trying to deny that the mental images come from herself. So, "oh dear, I think that's the exact bra I'm wearing now. No it couldn't possibly be." "I've got to go confirm this right this minute."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

DrSunshine posted:

Well, I will accept that she's dumb as heck, and a teenager, but I think the real reason is that the author wanted to draw more fanservice!

That's certainly a logical conclusion.

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Sep 29, 2017

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Cats. Always ruining the moment.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
That's a good grumpy cat face in panel one there.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Well Ayako, you could make passive use of your telepathy to train your ability to feel empathy.

I wouldn't call it cheating.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Good thing Ayako is a telepath. Dinner with a friend you didn't warn your parent about is super ackward. Never did that myself, no sir.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Well that and she's already got two people thinking about how long she's taking. It would be real awkward to have a romantic moment when you can tell everyone wants you to hurry the hell up.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Ha, he's worried when he thinks she can read him well through body language. He's going to flip once he realizes it's telepathy.

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Dec 4, 2017

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Wow. Toda you've got a really good sister.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
What have you done Mana? Bagface Nakano has no weaknesses.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Ytlaya posted:

Wait, is Toda actually thinking that or is that just Nakano imagining what Toda is thinking?

I noticed that Toda has uncharacteristically had virtually no fantasies ever since Nakano's whole revelation about her coming up with the specific imagery.

Pretty sure the colored Nakano with the dialogue is her visualization based on his thought "Arrg, I want to ask her what she thinks of me. I really want to know" The line "do I have to spell it out for you" is unlikely to be his own, with his current incredible worry about what she thinks of him.

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Feb 13, 2018

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Chillyrabbit posted:

loving gender roles amirite? JUST CONFESS AYA-CHAN!

Hmm. You are correct, I believe social contract demands the telepathic party initiate the confession.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Gah, come on Nakano just take the initiative. Your crush is clearly as big a dork as you are.

(Honestly didn't think the same bag joke would get a chuckle out of me)

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Well, can't say I haven't internally freaked out about forgetting a friends birthday before.

Not a great look for Toda that Nakano interrupts what she's hearing as him rolling on the ground having a nervous breakdown.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Jackard posted:

Gift your loved ones the magic of bad taxidermy.

It's the lack of thought that counts.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Toda status: Still freaking out.

Like seriously man, this is a good thing for you. Now your range of good gifts goes from "a thoughtful, appropriate present from a great friend" to "leftover stick of gum." You really can't lose here.

Also, a bit confused here, the colored Toda in the last panel is him actually talking right? Normally the colored people/words are internal thoughts or things Nakano is imagining, but the last panel here very much seem to be something he's saying out loud.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Okay Toda, I think you need to have another chat with your sister about starting this relationship.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Totally Status: Really freaking dumb.

Seriously dude. Don't ask your crushes best friend out on a date.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Captain Invictus posted:

I think he's asking her to see if she was doing anything with aya, and so with her saying no, he knows aya didn't mistakenly text him

Oh, I know what he's trying to do. His word choice just sucks to do it unless that's a translation thing. "Hey, are you doing anything with our group of friends or Aya this Sunday?" would probably work better.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Telepathy does nothing for a lack of imagination.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Beyond the "simple stylish" caption, Ayako definately needs better fashion advice.

iospace posted:

Ask Mana ya dunce

Because her imagination has given her a piss colored sweater-hoodie.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
This isn't that kinda story, but I can't imagine a literal telepath would have a problem finding a job.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Very odd earthquake drill there Nakano. Also, her telepathy has a pretty large range if she can detect thoughts from downstairs.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

kidcoelacanth posted:

I think the idea is her mother is basically scream-thinking

You can see Toda's thoughts too though. Her mother just is reacting louder with her thought.

VV. Ahh yes, point that.

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Mar 14, 2018

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Go change right this minute young lady, you've got a boy caller and as your mother your horrible fashion sense reflects upon me.

Maybe go get that shark shirt.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Ayamom is incredibly supportive of Ayako going on a date.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Tollymain posted:

unsure if toda is sweating on the inside or the outside

It's the outside for once. Apparently, having the girls parents watching as you ask the girl out is stressful enough to effect Mr Stoicism.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Good boy Toda. You not only went with the "help her study route" but you went with the "help her by going to a university open-house" route.

For all his supposed lewd thoughts, the guy obviously cares a bit about Aya's wellbeing.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Ha ha. Don't want to look like a creepy stalker thinks the boy while on a date with a telepath.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Man, Aya is kinda a depressed, low-self esteem person isn't she.

I can relate.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Toda's a good boy

He is, and he's being honest with her about the prospects of the group staying together.

Not so good for his prospects of dating her though.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Ytlaya posted:

Doesn't it kind of depend how far they're going for university? Like even if the universities are different, if they're in the same or nearby cities it's not exactly a big deal.

In my experience, it was a challenge for a few HS friends to keep relationships going even if the university was close by. Completely doable, but it imposes some additional complications even for established couples.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
That's a pretty sweet fantasy Toda's having. You know, being able to buy a motorcycle while in university.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Man I cannot wait until the eventual reaction when Toda learns she can read minds, and he realizes what that means.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

kidcoelacanth posted:

I don't think he'll ever find out tbh

Possibly, though I think it likely at some point, if the author wants to make them a couple. Could be at the end of the comic though.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

PerrineClostermann posted:

He's definitely caught on to the fact that he can read her expressions fairly well, right?

I'm not imagining him experimenting with this, Aya making excuses to run away...

:kimchi:

This would be so great, because it's not like Aya wouldn't know it was coming. Toda thought "Okay, time to try and experimen". Aya "Okay I've got to go right now!"

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Yep, that are we telepathic thought makes me think that if these two keep interacting long enough Toda will eventually make the connection.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

This time it used the computer hard drive as a scratching post. A powerful catte.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

sockpuppetclock posted:

Did Mana just break the fourth wall

Appears that way....I'm okay with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Oh. Wait, so Aya's telepathy works like actual sound. Loud thoughts can wake her up from sleeping.

That actually kinda sucks.

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Apr 17, 2018