Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Vengarr posted:

I don't buy that she's the one making the images up. Mana pumps her boobs up in every fantasy she has, I don't think Nakano would randomly do that.

That guys' girlfriend looking different than what he imagined is a bit weird though. But maybe she changes her look around him, or he's double-dealing or something.

It could be the case that images are transmitted, but are basically indistinguishable from the images she imagines herself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It's gonna be like Kaguya, except with the characters trying to make each other think lewd thoughts instead of confessing.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I went back and read some earlier chapters, and I'm not sure how the imagery stuff works. Usually Toda will do stuff like think lines mental-Nakano says, which Nakano will then see as being said by herself-in-underwear or something. Or he'll just think her name and she'll see an image of herself in some lewd clothes. A lot of the stuff is definitely lewd on Toda's part, though, so it's not like she's just reinterpreting normal stuff in a lewd way.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

SatansBestBuddy posted:

It's weird seeing a page without coloured thought bubbles floating around the edges.

It's a little strange that Toda isn't thinking all kinds of poo poo (not necessarily lewd stuff, but just a general reaction) as a result of just going to this movie alone with Nakano and having a conversation with her just now.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

AnoHito posted:

I'm glad Aya has finally managed to stop her perverted fantasies long enough to have a normal conversation with the guy she likes.

The funny thing is that like 95% of the perverted fantasies just involve herself (and occasionally Mana) in lewd clothes. Toda himself is rarely directly involved.

A lot of the fantasies were definitely Toda's though, since the text itself specifically would mention something lewd/suggestive.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

D. Ebdrup posted:

Mana x Nanako confirmed!

Mana isn't interested in Nanako that way, though as we saw from an earlier chapter Nanako might be able to rope Mana into some weird 3 person relationship if she started dating Toda.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

What a coincidence that it happened immediately after she stopped actively thinking about something else.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

DrSunshine posted:

I wonder when she'll realize that the reason why her imagination of Toda's fantasies are so sexually vivid is because she's also attracted to him?

They rarely involve Toda himself being lewd or doing/saying sexy things, though. It's a little weird to fantasize about yourself being sexy towards your love interest from their perspective (or at least to have that account for like 95% of your fantasies).

edit: While it wouldn't be as funny, the most logical explanation would be something like "Nakano gets the gist of what someone is imagining and fills in the blanks."

edit2: Actually, one specific example that comes to mind that had to have come from Toda was when he was imagining when he first started to think of Nakano in a lewd way. He specifically acknowledges his thoughts becoming lewd and remembers the wind blowing her skirt up.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Sep 28, 2017

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

havenwaters posted:

Never let Aya play cards.

I dunno, I feel like the ability to hear the thoughts of other players would at least cancel out having your own thoughts be obvious from your face.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mana is a saint. I hope she finds someone for herself, because it would totally blow to have your best friend dating the guy you've had a crush on your entire life.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

She's still clearly recovering. It still bugs her even if she's accepted that she'll never be with him, especially when his actual crush is the one seeking advice.

She's almost too good a wingman.

Yeah, it's obvious she still likes him, even if she realizes she doesn't have a chance.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Something's gonna happen while she's there, I bet. Maybe they'll kiss or something.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

For some reason I keep thinking Toda's sister is an adult, even though she's his little sister. Something about the art style in this comic makes it hard to tell.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

D. Ebdrup posted:

Momoji x Nanako? Momoji is going to a girls school, after all - and the forward kouhai x reticent senpai is a well-established trope.

Momiji is younger than Nakano, though.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Autonomous Monster posted:

Best case scenario: Four dozen pages of Toda slowly going purple as he realises what she's been overhearing for the past year

I'll be upset if he doesn't find out at some point. It would be so funny. Like when Nakano realized she was creating the mental images, except better.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It's nice how they're finally actually talking to each other.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I really hope this doesn't lead to "Nakano pushes everyone away out of insecurity" redux.

Also she is underestimating the influence of her chest on Toda's feelings.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I feel like Toda's lack of fantasies lately has actually been really weird. The guy has been spending all this time with his crush recently (for the first time by himself I think), including having her over to his house; a normal guy his age would be wondering if they were going to hook up or whatever (especially given his past tendency to fantasize all the time).

Like, even if Nakano was creating the images, he was still presumably thinking of those thing, so it doesn't make sense for him to stop after her realization.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Even Aya can't resist the kabedon.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

if she thinks that is a likely scenario then aya hasn't been paying attention at all

Aya is gonna end up dumping Toda when he doesn't actually do all the stuff from his/her fantasies.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Wait, is Toda actually thinking that or is that just Nakano imagining what Toda is thinking?

I noticed that Toda has uncharacteristically had virtually no fantasies ever since Nakano's whole revelation about her coming up with the specific imagery.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

That was a good joke.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

That cat has dead eyes.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The joke about showing the view from a point in town he isn't even aware of was funny. That's always been a pretty big anime/manga cliche.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

AnacondaHL posted:

Toda's imagination tends to explode at the slightest things she does. I don't think she is super comfortable instigating his lewd thoughts, (or has come to terms whith that it's her own lewd visual imagination).

I'm kinda wondering how hooking up would even work for someone in her position. Seems like it would be extremely weird/awkward to constantly hear your partner's thoughts.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Part of me wants to mention that Aya's fashion sense is unrealisticaly bad, but then I remember how I thought poorly fitting black t-shirts and puma shoes were the height of fashion as a 16 year old.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Who in the gently caress has to study so much they literally can't spare a few hours? Is the basic premise here that the exam is really soon and she just completely ignored it under the blind assumption she would get a recommendation? If so I guess she really did kinda gently caress this up.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

She should just go out and meet Toda wearing the boob nightgown (or whatever that is) from the second panel just to see his mental reaction.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Is this the first time seeing her dad?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Toda's idea is remarkable good for a teenager in his position.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I have a feeling it's something she'll mistakenly let slip rather than deciding to reveal. Well, maybe, it's a little hard to say since Toda us a special situation.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I feel like her reasons for not wanting to go to university are not exactly logical and seem to stem from "I think it will be depressing because I won't make friends."

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I actually find her feelings here a bit hard to relate to, since my personal experience with being a depressed/anxious teenager consisted of constantly idolizing the possibility of a happy future in a different environment. Like I would constantly be imagining how future plan X would be the thing that would finally make me happy, whether it was college or graduate school or post-college work or whatever. "Things are doomed to always be bad" seems to be the sort of thing that would be the result of living a much longer time and having your hopes crushed repeatedly, and teenagers are too young to have that experience.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Doesn't it kind of depend how far they're going for university? Like even if the universities are different, if they're in the same or nearby cities it's not exactly a big deal.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Virtue posted:

This post has me wondering if I’m depressed.

Like other people mentioned after that post, I think it depends heavily on a person's specific experiences. My outlook may have been influenced by the fact that I always felt like I was kinda-sorta close to achieving the conditions necessary to be happy, so maybe that's what lead to me constantly thinking maybe some change to my lifestyle would help. I still had a social life, even if it wasn't the exact one I wanted, and there were girls who were interested in me, even if they weren't the girls I was interested in, so this probably contributed to a feeling that those things were still possible. I never really experienced being completely isolated and bullied or anything as a teen, so I can understand why someone having that sort of experience might not feel as optimistic about a change in environment helping.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Drunk Theory posted:

Man I cannot wait until the eventual reaction when Toda learns she can read minds, and he realizes what that means.

I feel like, if he spends a lot of time talking to her, he will inevitably notice that her expression changes every time he is thinking lewd things. Remember, Aya is terrible at keeping a straight face. There's no way he won't notice the connection between her reactions and his thoughts at some point.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

AnacondaHL posted:

This effectively has already happened via Toda's sister, all we are waiting for is Toda to confirm it himself.

I feel like at first it just seems like she's good at reading his expression/mood, but it might be clear that it's actual thought-reading when she reacts to the sort of thoughts that wouldn't change his expression (like the lewd stuff). Particularly if he's in the middle of talking about something else while thinking it. Like, in this case he's been talking to her and she's presumably had a normal expression, and then his fantasy reaches the part where he asks to sleep with her while she wears a school uniform and she suddenly gets a goofy expression and starts sweating in a very conspicuous way. I think it'll take a few times before it becomes an obvious trend, since it's easy enough to write off as a coincidence the first couple times.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I get the impression she just gets the vague idea from him of "a college reunion where we're dating and then hook up" and everything else is hers. The dialogue might also be from Toda, but wasn't Sano mentioned in the dialogue? Posting from phone so it's a pain to go back and check.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Zereth posted:

The question is how detailed the script she's getting from Toda is.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's not so much a script as "the general idea of a thing happening" in cases like this (that aren't just subvocalizing, which she seems to pick up directly). Like if Toda thinks "I want to hook up right now" she'll get that explicitly as words, but if he's just imagining hooking up with her she'll just get the concept of "Toda hooking up with me" and all the details are hers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Like a normal person, she will quickly forget this enthusiasm once it comes time to sit down and study a bunch. I also remember getting all enthusiastic and motivated as a teen when I wasn't actually having to do the hard work of studying/practicing.