Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I believe the "must be a rental" was because no reasonable superstitious person would willingly have two fours on their license plate. Of course when you're talking about a death cult...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Wei Shen is going to prison forever.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
- Note that there's no "Police XP" to gain/lose in this DLC.
- Premise of the DLC: Wei Shen has pissed off the bosses. Let's put him in a position where he can do his ultraviolence thing where it will directly affect the general public. Desk job, deportation to the states or prison are somehow not alternatives.
- Does he still have access to firearms from police car trunks?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Kopijeger posted:

- Premise of the DLC: Wei Shen has pissed off the bosses. Let's put him in a position where he can do his ultraviolence thing where it will directly affect the general public. Desk job, deportation to the states or prison are somehow not alternatives.

Putting him in prison requires you to be able to defeat him in combat or otherwise stop him, which has been shown to be something of a losing proposition.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
It amuses me that the people you arrest in this DLC complain a lot about police brutality. I have only played a couple cops who rate higher on that than Wei Shen, and few who are more extreme in melee. These guys really don't know who they're tempting. :D

GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!
And so, let's see what this DLC has to offer Wei Shen, newly liberated from his life of crime and turning over a new leaf...

Um...

I...

Oh dear...

Oh that's... no...

Oh God...

Yeah... yeah okay, this warrants another round of crimes.

So it's really really hard to figure out who did and didn't die from Wei's um... decisions... early in this video. I seriously went frame by frame here at a certain point.

People almost certainly permanently crippled/maimed by Wei Shen: 23 (total: 490)
People definitively killed by Wei Shen: 50 (total: 595)

Crimes:

3 Counts Assault and Battery
1 Count Simple Kidnapping
34 Counts Murder in the Second Degree
6 Counts Vehicular Assault
1 Count Felony Hit-and-Run
1 Count Murder of a Peace Officer in the Second Degree
1 Count Littering

And so, for his actions as the BEST COP EVER< Wei Shen has added 1 Life Sentence, plus 1,043 Years to his total.

I have every faith that this will turn out to be a fine bit of policework.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Welcome back, GenHavoc. It's just too bad there's no more mandatory karaoke in the DLC and thus no further opportunity to commit Acoustic Assault on a Classic Song.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

GenHavoc posted:

1 Count Murder of a Peace Officer in the Second Degree

The officer down by the docks actually manages to get back up to help beat down the last cultist.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I have to ask, how many of those fatalities were Bobbin's fault? Because had he turned right instead of left Wei would have gotten straight on a normal road and not don't done that

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Excuse me, I believe you will find those pedestrians' deaths were their own fault, because they chose to live in a universe where Wei Shen exists.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Apocalyptic cults trying to start the apocalypse themselves isn't that unprecedented, Bobbin. Just look at Aum Shinrikyo (whose leader coincidentally might finally be executed after over 20 years on death row)

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Samovar posted:

Excuse me, I believe you will find those pedestrians' deaths were their own fault, because they chose to live in a universe where Wei Shen exists.

Not just the same universe, but the same city!

Basically an elaborate form of suicide, that.

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011

double nine posted:

I have to ask, how many of those fatalities were Bobbin's fault? Because had he turned right instead of left Wei would have gotten straight on a normal road and not don't done that

I panicked when I played the DLC and took the exact same route that Bobbin did. I assumed that the AI would be smart enough to get out of the way. They weren't.

I did, however, find that plowing my car into the edge of the stage had...interesting consequences. If you've seen the Giant Bomb Quick Look of this DLC, you know what I mean.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Best cop ever :allears:

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

resurgam40 posted:

No, you got it right there; even if I hadn't seen Infernal Affairs beforehand, there are too many stretches of the Departed that just feel... cold and empty, and a little more detached than I think Scorsese intended (although Wahlberg's character was great, as was his interplay with Baldwin's character, but even in context it feels like something from another movie), and all of the subtleties I loved and lent such tension to the scenes in IA just felt forced and shoddy in Departed... plus, the ending, which changes things up due to conflicting viewpoints regarding guilt and punishment which just ends the whole thing sourly.

Considering that IA was made on $6.4 million budget, which is probably less than Leo's paycheck on $90M Departed really exemplifies how much of a loving "poor me never get an Oscar forever" whiner he is.

One thing I really admire about the HK police they are not afraid of media to portray them in a fictional negative light despite the fact they are one of the best law enforcement units in the world. P.T.U for example was a great movie depicting believably corrupt cops covering their asses in a supposedly squeaky clean organization.

Do that poo poo in, let's say Singapore, and god knows how many defamatory lawsuits from the government you will get because they think everybody is a naive idiot.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Man, you missed the best part of Nightmare at Northpoint - the big mechanics vs vampires brawl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQizakVJX_o

Also, Year of the Snake commandeering takes so goddamn long I usually just shoot the driver in the head instead. Just another day for Wei Shen, best cop.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Mar 25, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Palladium posted:

Considering that IA was made on $6.4 million budget, which is probably less than Leo's paycheck on $90M Departed really exemplifies how much of a loving "poor me never get an Oscar forever" whiner he is.

To be fair, I don't think that sentiment was ever actually expressed by Leo himself, just his fans.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Mostly busywork and Antics in this one.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I am Wei Shen, Ace Cop! Please ignore that I am covered in the blood of my fellow officers.
Also you trying to stop that invincible purse snatcher in your car was amazing.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Sure is nice for these cultists to constantly run around in their trademarked uniforms :allears:

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
Very peculiar that attacking a civilian in the first mission leads to "mission failed", but assaulting fellow cops has no dire consequences. Looks like the developers didn't bother to adjust the mechanics to account for not being a Triad member.
Also, the cars sink below the water, yet a fireball appears above the surface. Guess they couldn't be bothered to simulate this effect:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5rGFZWQfzk.

Kopijeger fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Mar 26, 2018

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

God Bobbin.

Your analysis of Kung Fu Panda actually kinda hit hard for me, given my own life difficulties at the moment.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
I'm most definitely too late to mention this, but you can hold the taser shock for extra fun police brutality damage. If you also use lock-on to see enemy health, you can even let go when they're weak and have a guaranteed arrest, if you feel like going for those.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i like how you handcuff people, throw them on the ground, and then just jog away

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I had the exact same complaint - being unable to run over purse snatchers with my car / gun them down on the spot really made Wei Shen that much less effective.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
0/10, game has no dogs, sleeping or otherwise.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
I think this whole DLC can be summed up by Bobbin saying “whoops ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ “

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
Yeah this is about all I could think of for most of this episode.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
The end of that video was actually inspiring.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Just for the record, it's 1.6 km per mile, so your first comment was correct.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Just to let you know Bobbin, part 14 has been blocked due to a copyright claim.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Are you trying to make GenHavoc's job harder, Bobbin?

Seriously, now he has to speculate just how much murder happened off camera.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Shei-kun posted:

Are you trying to make GenHavoc's job harder, Bobbin?

Seriously, now he has to speculate just how much murder happened off camera.

Don't worry about it.
Besides Wei is already being punished for randomly killing people and cops. Any more punishment would be double jeopardy.

GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!
Wei Shen: Best cop.

People almost certainly permanently crippled/maimed by Wei Shen: 35 (total: 525)
People definitively killed by Wei Shen: 32 (total: 627)

Crimes:

4 Counts Extreme Funkyness
2 Counts Assault and Battery
3 Counts Accessory to Macro-scale Quantum Teleportation
12 Counts Vehicular Homicide
10 Counts Murder in the Second Degree
6 Counts Manslaughter in the First Degree
13 Counts Reckless Endangerment
2 Counts Misdemeanor Hit-and-Run
2 Count Felony Hit-and-Run
3 Counts Malicious Destruction of Property
2 Counts Being a Motherfucking Terminator
1 Count Assault and Battery of a Police Officer

Total sentence for the session: 491 Years.

Best Cop Ever.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Put Wei Shen on a police force with John McClane, Harry Callahan, Max Payne, Sipcowitz, The Bad Boys, Riggs & Murtaugh, Cagney & Lacey, with the casts of Bones, NCIS, and CSI (your pick which NCIS and CSI) as support. Seriously, your crime problem will be non-existent. :D

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

achtungnight posted:

Put Wei Shen on a police force with John McClane, Harry Callahan, Max Payne, Sipcowitz, The Bad Boys, Riggs & Murtaugh, Cagney & Lacey, with the casts of Bones, NCIS, and CSI (your pick which NCIS and CSI) as support. Seriously, your crime problem will be non-existent. :D

alternatively, your city will be a smoking crater within 24 hours

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

double nine posted:

alternatively, your city will be a smoking crater within 24 hours

A smoking crater doesn't commit many crimes, save littering and pollution.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Chronische posted:

A smoking crater doesn't commit many crimes, save littering and pollution.

“The crime is life. The sentence is Death.”

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

AceOfFlames posted:

“The crime is life. The sentence is Death.”

The Dark Judges exemplify the end result of letting these maniacs actually run things, or worse, having an entire force manned by them all trying to one-up one another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Oblivion4568238 posted:

I'm most definitely too late to mention this, but you can hold the taser shock for extra fun police brutality damage. If you also use lock-on to see enemy health, you can even let go when they're weak and have a guaranteed arrest, if you feel like going for those.

And you can keep going for extra long if you have Syphon Filter's ost in your mind.

• Locked thread