Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Larentowicz scored, that's not what you expect to see happen

I think he struck that with his balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

i'd give up the shield in a heartbeat to see montreal miss the playoffs and also get relegated somehow

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Aaaand that's ballgame. If Montreal had put away that chance shortly before it'd obviously be a different story but they don't look like they'll get two more shots on target let alone two goals.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Martinez has been in such insane form, I'm shocked he missed that outside-of-the-boot chipped attempt

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Huh, I didn't realize Atlanta still had a realistic chance of finishing 2nd in the East until glancing at the table now

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

trem_two posted:

Huh, I didn't realize Atlanta still had a realistic chance of finishing 2nd in the East until glancing at the table now

Literally all they need to do is win both their games in hand and they'll be second, since they'd be level on wins and have the GD and GF tiebreakers over City.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Sep 25, 2017

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
that's a definite penalty

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

trem_two posted:

that's a definite penalty

Era penal, totally. And that's 9 in 9. Or do pks not count for some reason?

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Can someone remind me why Portland doesn't have grass? I vaguely recall it being drainage issues or something like that

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

camoseven posted:

Can someone remind me why Portland doesn't have grass? I vaguely recall it being drainage issues or something like that

Drainage is the excuse because the field is built into the ground and was built over a creek bed, or something like that. A (college) football team also plays there.

Are those legitimate excuses? I think they could have grass if they really wanted, but maybe they got a great deal on the turf?

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Oh I didn't realize a CFB team plays there, too. That seems like a better excuse, cause I'm guessing the drainage issue could be fixed with a liberal application of money

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

I don't know how much their seasons overlap. Could be a non issue if they threw enough money at it. Year might have started on a mud pit with the last winter they had.

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.

El Jebus posted:

I don't know how much their seasons overlap. Could be a non issue if they threw enough money at it. Year might have started on a mud pit with the last winter they had.

CFB goes from August-November so it completely overlaps the Timbers season.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Easy yellow to give, also kind of a harsh red.

The Light Eternal posted:

CFB goes from August-November so it completely overlaps the Timbers season.

Was my guess but I didn't want to assume.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
(A poo poo-ton of) soccer is on tonight. Almost half the league can clinch or be eliminated from the playoffs tonight.

Also, tonight is the 2nd to last (regular season) edition of

You have been warned

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Eh, this year the whole :cascadia: thing has been a lot more muted. It's all about TFC/IMFC these days.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

I think a lot of the Cascadia posters have been posting less, mostly Timbers fans. Since I no longer live in Oregon, this is a better spot to post about MLS than anywhere else on the web, and gently caress going to a Galaxy game if they aren't playing the Timbers...

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

I genuinely didn't realise that it's still "possible" for Atlanta or Vancouver to win the Shield.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Hamid is out with a back strain (strained from wanting to go to Frankfurt, wonders the world) so congrats on breaking your losing streak R'Bulls

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Atlanta is fun to watch and I hope they win the East

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Hamid is out with a back strain (strained from wanting to go to Frankfurt, wonders the world) so congrats on breaking your losing streak R'Bulls

What a surprise! San Jose's recently benched keeper also has a back injury. Apparently that's code for "Find me a new team"

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

drat that's a nice goal for Gressel

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Hey Revs, you're not supposed to be collecting VAR red cards

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

binge crotching posted:

Atlanta is fun to watch and I hope they win the East

I'm here right now. This is amazing.

Way better than the loving panther games.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Guess Dallas hasn't completely collapsed

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

whypick1 posted:

Guess Dallas hasn't completely collapsed

I mean it IS Colorado, let's not get carried away.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Oh my god we might not lose.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Oh my god we might not lose.

There's always that possibility when you're playing the dumpster fire that is currently the Red Bulls.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Dallan Invictus posted:

I mean it IS Colorado, let's not get carried away.

I said "completely" for a reason.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Playoffs bitch!

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Oh my god.

Oh my sweet lord.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Oh my god.

Oh my sweet lord.

Sup?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Lol

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
I'm not even mad, I expected a loss

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

e: n/m, foul on the buildup. Lame.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Disband both teams imo.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

And that was a fun end to DC/NY

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
I didn't watch a minute of it and feel more enriched for that.

DC is officially eliminated from playoff contention, and is hilariously in position to prevent their blood rivals from making the playoffs in the RFK finale. What a world.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I hope Colorado loses every game for the rest of the season because the only way they might actually try to do something about this loser team is if they end the season dead last. For gently caress's sake, they had more points by now in 2014--the year they went on a winless streak so bad that it bled over into 2015 and tied the record with their arch nemesis RSL.

lol they'll say well it wasn't as bad as 2001 and learn nothing and Stan Kroenke will somehow still be allowed to be involved with this club or have a pulse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

DC still bad but one million lols for New Jersey

• Locked thread