Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
:laffo: Galaxy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Woohoo! VRod!

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
Oh yeah, goals are cool, I forgot.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Well, that one was coming.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
:lol: getting a yellow for diving then getting the ball kicked off your head as you're on the ground.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

DR AIDS posted:

:lol: getting a yellow for diving then getting the ball kicked off your head as you're on the ground.

Should've been a foul on Ozzie to boot.

:v:

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
What a SAVE. Frei is the best.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Holy poo poo Frei :stare:

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Ugh, now I know how TFC fans felt after last year's final. GodDAMN it.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

TFC was never losing during that game though :v:

Also, I foresee Alonso and Reyna fouling each other into second yellows after the break.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

whypick1 posted:

Also, I foresee Alonso and Reyna fouling each other into second yellows after the break.

Or not :ohdear:

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

whypick1 posted:

Nostradamus you ain't, alas.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

What happened to Ozzie?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Pulled up lame after a (terrible) shot attempt.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

This is going to be another one of those games that fools people into thinking the Fire are really good this year. Chicago pulls apart teams like San Jose but the moment anyone clogs up the middle and defends with discipline, we're hosed.

But hey, Nikolic now has the Fire single-season scoring record. Good on you, Niko.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

:siren: THE SOUNDERS HAVE SCORED MULTIPLE GOALS IN A GAME :siren:

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
GET IN. Finally the Sounders look good again.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

DEUCE!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Jesus Vancouver

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I didn't realize Mauro Rosales was still alive.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

whypick1 posted:

Jesus Vancouver

I honestly can't claim to be surprised: Seattle aren't as bad as their results have been, Vancouver aren't as good as their results have been, and derby games are really good at highlighting this sort of thing.

I wouldn't have put out the XI Robinson did (I'd have started Nerwinski and Ghazal, mostly) but I'm sure he had his reasons. This one sucks but eh, on to...Kansas City away on Saturday? Oh. Oh dear.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Dallan Invictus posted:

I honestly can't claim to be surprised: Seattle aren't as bad as their results have been, Vancouver aren't as good as their results have been, and derby games are really good at highlighting this sort of thing.

I wouldn't have put out the XI Robinson did (I'd have started Nerwinski and Ghazal, mostly) but I'm sure he had his reasons. This one sucks but eh, on to...Kansas City away on Saturday? Oh. Oh dear.

And I think you're about to lose Tchani for that match.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

whypick1 posted:

And I think you're about to lose Tchani for that match.

hahahaha kill me (deserved red though)

And to think I was annoyed with our massive surplus of central midfield signings this year. Robbo over heere going "who's laughing now?"

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

ORL-DAL has been mostly boring except for one good save by Bendik on a FK and Kaka running over the ref.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I wish I was still in Denver so I could show up to the C38 tailgate and hand everyone a wood cutting axe to bring with them to the stadium.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Apparently today was National Beat Up Jesse Gonzalez Day, judging by the end of ORL-DAL

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Justin Morrow, goal machine?

edit: huh, NYRB going to make this a game are they?

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Dallan Invictus posted:

edit: huh, NYRB going to make this a game are they?

please no

is a shield presentation ceremony just before the montreal game that much to ask for

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
It is a cool fall night here at Toyota Park tonight where the playoff bound Fire will take on the other playoff bound new York FC for a game that will effect their playoff seeds.it also the 20th anniversary tonight so alot of people are here tonight. They even pull out the standing room only tickets judging the signs they have tonight.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I'm sitting here in front of a tv at the same time Chicago is playing for once.

:jp:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Congrats Toronto on the Shield.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Literal LOL at that Niko goal

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

why doesnt morrow play for the us

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
GOAL FIRE

In the 20th min of play by Nikolic

1 - 0 Fire

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Goal for New York

Tied in the 43rd min of play.

1- 1 all

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Did you know DC are trash

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Dunno why we're starting Marinovic today but he's had a good game so far (well the post helped out with that penalty) and we somehow aren't losing in KC yet so huh, let's see where this goes.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Your Boy Fancy posted:

At least they're not the Rapids!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Azerban posted:

why doesnt morrow play for the us

He was in the Gold Cup squad.

Also that was the jammiest hat trick ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Your Boy Fancy posted:

I was going to ask this about NYcFc but they scored a goal #AGAiNSTMODErnFOOTBalL

• Locked thread