Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I'd say Grab for Skunt, so nobody leaves prehensile tail ever,
dodge for Goddars so he can go for break tackle + dodge and choose who he mighty blows,
and Leader for Mothra because like any good mothra she inspires those around her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uncop
Oct 23, 2010
Grab for everyone. With three levelups at the same time, we can transform this into a gimmick team in one blow.

SweetSassyMolassy
Oct 31, 2010
Question:

If mighty blow has to be used to break armor and you get a stun, if you choose to use piling on does mighty blow then add to the piling on injury roll, or is it gone once it's used to break armor?

ProZocK
Apr 22, 2013
Here, to make up for dicing you, multiple times, have some nice, calm text.
So what kind of skills would make the LP go on? I dont know nearly enough about lizards to judge this properly, I honestly look at the team and thinks its prety awesome, so what are you looking for here to make the team good?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

SweetSassyMolassy posted:

Question:

If mighty blow has to be used to break armor and you get a stun, if you choose to use piling on does mighty blow then add to the piling on injury roll, or is it gone once it's used to break armor?

Piling on rerolls the roll you made, if you didnt break armor it rerolls that and if you broke armor it rerolls the injury roll. This is why you usually only piling on if you broke armor already since you have a bigger chance to cause injury then(unless youre studman then you always piling awn). Weather MB affects piling on depends on if you needed to use MB to break armor in the first place since MB can be used to either break armor or add to injury. If MB wasnt used to break armor then it will affect the piling on reroll too.

SweetSassyMolassy
Oct 31, 2010

Iretep posted:

Piling on rerolls the roll you made, if you didnt break armor it rerolls that and if you broke armor it rerolls the injury roll. This is why you usually only piling on if you broke armor already since you have a bigger chance to cause injury then(unless youre studman then you always piling awn). Weather MB affects piling on depends on if you needed to use MB to break armor in the first place since MB can be used to either break armor or add to injury. If MB wasnt used to break armor then it will affect the piling on reroll too.

Ok... So you can only use MB one time, either to break armor or add to the injury roll regardless of piling on. Would re-rolling an injury roll without the help of MB be super useful, or would it only be good to do if MB is adding to the roll?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

gonadic io posted:

As much as I'd like to vote for blodge at all times, tackle is just too good on the MB Saur. At this TV most of the people we'd want to MB punch have dodge.

quote:

Guard for Skunt 
Tackle for Goddars 
Dodge for Mothra
I'll third this. What was Iretep's name gimmick, anyway? At least half seem to be historical people who seized power by force, but the other half is coming up blank and so I dunno if I'm missing something.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

SweetSassyMolassy posted:

Ok... So you can only use MB one time, either to break armor or add to the injury roll regardless of piling on. Would re-rolling an injury roll without the help of MB be super useful, or would it only be good to do if MB is adding to the roll?

The general rule is you piling on if armor has been broken but you only got a stun. So i guess its worth it to piling on even if mb was used to break armor.
edit:

NGDBSS posted:

I'll second this. What was Iretep's name gimmick, anyway? At least half seem to be historical people who seized power by force, but the other half is coming up blank and so I dunno if I'm missing something.

Order of the flaming rose is a racist knight order from witcher 1 who hate elves. Felt like a fitting team name for them. They are all named after random knights from that order you meet from all the games. The peasants are just peastants that become emperors. No idea why i didnt just use random witcher peasant names for them.

Iretep fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Dec 2, 2017

Pea
Nov 25, 2005
Friendly neighbourhood vegetable
Skunt Grab Skuntpunch => Skuntgrab it fits the theme
Goddars Dodge
Mothra-in-Law Leader because Mothra started the injury streak. Thus leading by example.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

quote:

Guard for Skunt
Tackle for Goddars
Dodge for Mothra

+1 votes

It's a shame you can't compete against in a league full of democracy-bowl forged teams

Cassa fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Dec 3, 2017

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Skunt Grab
Goddars Tackle
Mothra Dodge

ProZocK
Apr 22, 2013
guard guard guard?

SweetSassyMolassy
Oct 31, 2010

namad posted:

Skunt Guard
Goddars Piling On
Mothra Dodge

Voting for this

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Cassa posted:

+1 votes

It's a shame you can't compete against in a league full of democracy-bowl forged teams

Random Skill Leagues are a thing

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

namad posted:

Skunt Guard
Goddars Piling On
Mothra Dodge

Second. Agent need a little Studman in his life.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Guard
PILING AWN!!!
Dodge

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Guard for Skunt
Tackle for Goddars
Dodge for Mothra

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

PotatoManJack posted:

Guard
PILING AWN!!!
Dodge

This.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Results:

Skunt:
Guard - 13
Grab - 4

Goddars:
Piling On - 8
Tackle - 6
Dodge - 2
Grab - 1

Mothra-in-law:
Dodge - 19
Leader - 2
Grab - 1

I'll try to play a game today or tomorrow and have an update friday but this is a busy time of year for me with college so no 100% promises, there may be enough missed week. If I do miss one we'll be back on schedule soon enough.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Remember your ABCs Agent:

Always Be cStudmaning

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Putting your Saurs on the ground seems like a great way to remove their cool speed advantage.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Cassa posted:

Putting your Saurs on the ground seems like a great way to remove their cool speed advantage.

semper murderball

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Cassa posted:

Nah because if you drop a saur with piling on, its likely on an important piece that at absolute worse case is also down on the ground when all is said and done.

What is more likely is you trading 3 of that stairs movement and its tackle zones for ALL of the opposing pieces movement and tackle zones for anywhere from a few turns to the rest of the game.

Unless you studman it like a real man anyway. But at that point you abandon dumb thoughts like "is it optimal?"

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

FoolyCharged posted:

Nah because if you drop a saur with piling on, its likely on an important piece that at absolute worse case is also down on the ground when all is said and done.

What is more likely is you trading 3 of that stairs movement and its tackle zones for ALL of the opposing pieces movement and tackle zones for anywhere from a few turns to the rest of the game.

Unless you studman it like a real man anyway. But at that point you abandon dumb thoughts like "is it optimal?"

Also there is an outside chance of wrecking something really precious to someone which is worth more than any amount of movement.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Cassa posted:

Clearly you are not a Studman

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Haystack posted:

Skunt Grab
Goddars Tackle
Mothra Dodge

A good allotment of choices. I haven't watched yet, but I'll second this.
e - nevermind Agent already took the votes.

namad
Nov 7, 2013
I want to vote for human cheerleaders. If anyone cares about it, I've never liked the orc cheerleaders but I've gone along with it because it upset the broadcasters so much.

ProZocK
Apr 22, 2013
im still voting for orc cheerleaders

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
Always orc. We need to have those fungi cheering us.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
I really wish there was an option for Khemri cheerleaders. I would use it on every team I made.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Game 17 - Chaos

Hey look at that an update, long overdue. Shaking off the bloodbowl blues with the end of the current goonbowl and trying to get back into some more LPing, so here yah go. I honestly don't remember how this game ended since I recorded a month ago.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That was me that wanted to punch Fleetfoot I think, Agent. Although Butler did have his SlaanKislev team that jumped and landed flat on their asses.

e - half 2, good Skunt you did a Thing.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jan 30, 2018

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Yay it's back!

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
It's alive! It's alive! :science::justpost:

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
You are such a liar. You used Sprint on turn 13 to supplement the lightning bolt. :colbert:

Dallbun
Apr 21, 2010
Great to see another game posted. I hope you do keep going until your team is fully-developed. ("Fully-developed" means that Fleetfoot gets Sure Feet.)

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
I case you keep goin with the LP, here's the mandatory vote for orc cheerleaders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercykiller
Oct 22, 2009
I think Agent said he was super done with bloodbowl because of dice issues or something.

• Locked thread