Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
pfff get on my level, -2db blocks all day. not even scared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
ive played against a shadowing saur team. they killed my +st high elf lino through it. fear the shadowing saurs.
edit: also the reason assassins shadowing doesent work is because youd rather punch it than dodge away most of the time. youd rather dodge away from saurs if you can. thats where shadowing comes into play.

Iretep fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Sep 11, 2017

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
The main min maxy problem with shadowing on a saur is bash dont dodge much anyway. Its mainly an anti elf skill. Lizards dont really have that much problem with dealing with elves anyway so its kind of wasteful skill to take if you want to maximise just being good at your weakness, other bash teams. You beat elves by 2-1 grinding them well and murdering them. Shadowing is nice but not critical. You beat other bash by having more murder skills, defence and guard.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

ousire posted:

Is there a cap on levels or stats in this game? Like in theory if you farmed for it and were filthy lucky could you keep stacking stat ups on one unit over and over and over?

You can only take the same stat up twice. Which is rarely relevant since rolling the same stat up 3 times is pretty rare.
Still had this happen to one of my trees

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
apparently furril thinks jumping skinks are legit but i refuse to accept that they are no matter how much reasonable reasons people give.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
i vote side step so he can be a better shadower when he levels again.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
the holy trinity of good big guys is the beast of nurgle, kroxigor and the rat ogre. they are good because they are useful even when you dont touch them.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
I vote do not ban dwarfs since the rules are a holy thing you do not mess in goonbowls. Past goonbowls allowed dwarfs and so shall all future goonbowls.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
i have no idea why you people are voting wrassle on a ag4 skink. you know what the really obvious and good choice is that lizards are always lacking normally? pass. yes i vote pass on him. lizard pass plays.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

namad posted:

Is wrestle actually better on skinks than saurus? or does this team usually just have 0 wrestle? Wouldn't a skink with wrestle basically never use it because fleetfoot is too good a blitzer? Or is it possible to build a wrestle strip ball skink to run into danger and die? Leaving fleetfoot purely for pickups and scores? I guess I could be persuaded to change my vote, and get on board. I just don't currently comprehend.

fleetfoot is a oneturner. hes never blitzting anything if he can help it. hes going to always be surrounded by mans because anyone sane will want to kill it at every opertunity since its a player that will cause the opponent to lose if it lives. saurs dont really care much for wrassle besides getting a ball carrier down. usually a skink can do this about as well and usually the preferred option since saurs usually want to stand not get put on the ground.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
im here to vote for the 200k stadium upgrade because my flings just bought it too. would recomend to everyone.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
jump up is useful if the worst thing happens and fleetfoot gets punched to the ground. if he doesent get fouled to death after that he can keep his movement and run away wherever he wants. of course id just pick sprint and sure feet since his job is run a lot not prepare to get punched or fall down. he already has side step which helps pick where he finally dies and i think jump up is a bit excecive after that.

Iretep fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Nov 22, 2017

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

SweetSassyMolassy posted:

Question:

If mighty blow has to be used to break armor and you get a stun, if you choose to use piling on does mighty blow then add to the piling on injury roll, or is it gone once it's used to break armor?

Piling on rerolls the roll you made, if you didnt break armor it rerolls that and if you broke armor it rerolls the injury roll. This is why you usually only piling on if you broke armor already since you have a bigger chance to cause injury then(unless youre studman then you always piling awn). Weather MB affects piling on depends on if you needed to use MB to break armor in the first place since MB can be used to either break armor or add to injury. If MB wasnt used to break armor then it will affect the piling on reroll too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

SweetSassyMolassy posted:

Ok... So you can only use MB one time, either to break armor or add to the injury roll regardless of piling on. Would re-rolling an injury roll without the help of MB be super useful, or would it only be good to do if MB is adding to the roll?

The general rule is you piling on if armor has been broken but you only got a stun. So i guess its worth it to piling on even if mb was used to break armor.
edit:

NGDBSS posted:

I'll second this. What was Iretep's name gimmick, anyway? At least half seem to be historical people who seized power by force, but the other half is coming up blank and so I dunno if I'm missing something.

Order of the flaming rose is a racist knight order from witcher 1 who hate elves. Felt like a fitting team name for them. They are all named after random knights from that order you meet from all the games. The peasants are just peastants that become emperors. No idea why i didnt just use random witcher peasant names for them.

Iretep fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Dec 2, 2017

• Locked thread