Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Neurolimal posted:

You hear about MLK Jr.'s infamous letter about the White Moderate (bizarrely interpreted as referring to fiscal leftists), but not the fact that his alignment with local worker parties was what caused the government to tar his movement and infiltrate it, ultimately indirectly encouraging his assassin.

Wait, are you saying that it's MLK's fault he got shot because he worked with labor parties?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Oh.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Only one of those threatens their access to power.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
I'm not sure but I think it's because she is a lovely person who really wanted to be president and has deep connections in the democratic party.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Radish posted:

The fact this fantastically bad idea got through a number of people that had to sign off on it is pretty telling.

They are either the most socially ignorant newspaper people in existence or racists. I'm leaning to racists but there are tones of dumb rich people with money.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Why should anyone care what you have to say about their vote?

Most people in dnd post to pontificate to a screaming mass of other people trying do to the exact same thing.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Radish posted:

Hmm weird it looks like the plan was for Crowley to ratfuck AOC from the beginning and now the op-eds that were planned are coming out so he can "regretfully" start up his campaign because he's being asked so desperately and a little competition never hurt of course. This certainly is an oversight like him "forgetting" to remove the campaigning for congress label from his twitter account. Lieberman is human garbage as are the Democrats that are behind this. AOC calling his lying, treacherous rear end out was the correct decision even if it allowed them to pretend she's clearly being paranoid.

If they succeed in this (I'm still hopeful they won't but you never know if they really start hammering and getting Republicans in the district to cross over and vote for him combined with name recognition and a few months of character assassination against AOC) I will never vote for their poo poo party again unless it's someone actually interested in making life better for people "lesser evil" be damned. The likes of Crowley and Leiberman aren't going to do poo poo for anyone anyway while Manchin and crew actively vote for fascist justices. The saving grace is that they are too lovely at campaigning to really orchestrate a coup but if there's one thing that gets centrists mobilized it's making sure the left has no voice in government.

Yeah, same.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Axetrain posted:

I don't understand how she hasn't just hosed off forever after losing to Donald loving Trump. Her opinion can and should be safely ignored.

Same reason she doesn't understand the ozymandias poem.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
I don't know if it's good or bad thing that someone can want to be a greedy rear end in a top hat but be only able to go so far as to admire them like a lot of reporters seem to be but I wish they would stop writing about it.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Like Maggie wants to be Sarah Sanders but she seems to be mentally capable of shame so she can only look on wistfully while pretending to be a reporter that only prints press releases.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Cease to Hope posted:

ellison's in trouble and it seems like he deserves it

https://twitter.com/debrahilstrom/status/1028465374432514053

Someone with a lot of free time on their hand's needs to look through those peoples feeds for a reaction to a similar republican scandal and tweet it at them.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Also I can't figure out if that is real or just people trying to make a scandal and it's really bothering me.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Like these people keep trying to push bullshit so it's hard to trust them, but I don't like the idea of discounting abuse because the wrong people brought it up.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Of course that probably part of it, conservative twitter really likes to trick people into being hypocrites for some reason.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
I think their is a lot of reasons to accuse Keith Ellison of abuse and I don't think anyone here is confused about why the accusers wouldn't want to post a video of their mom being abused. Normally I would accept this without question but with the history of the last few trump years makes it hard to tell for me if it's genuine or not, which bothers me.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
I'm sorry to say, but trump posters on twitter will pretend anything that is a negative of their opponents is real and are willing to manufacture evidence of such. For me it's a boy who cried wolf situation where I am worried that their is an actual wolf but am also done with taking conservatives at face value which leads me to the current dilemma.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Crowsbeak posted:

If it is true, they'll post the video.

gently caress off, I'm trying to be serious here.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Ytlaya posted:

I don't think there are many other (false) examples of accusations like this, though?

Usually they got lynched but the theory is the same.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Main Paineframe posted:

There's no reason to assume it's not real, and the way you're phrasing it suggests the only reason you're so eager to disbelieve it is because the person being accused is a Democrat.

I'm having trouble believing it because the people pushing it have been disingenuous liars my entire loving life and it's one Facebook post.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

botany posted:

his ex has been a disingenuous liar your entire life?

I don't know his ex, I'm referring to the right wing in general as this involves more than one person.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Also I don't know why I have to clarify this but I'm saying that it's hard to believe due to everything that's happened in the political sphere recently and that it bothers me. Not that their is no way this is true.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Pinterest Mom posted:

Why do you keep saying or implying this is being pushed by the right

The right wing in America has intentionally done a lot to make it hard to tell what is true or not online and this is a symptom.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

botany posted:

it's his ex and her son who are pushing it.

I give up. That Facebook post and the text where he responded I'll keep in touch is proof positive.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Also I was definitely calling them liars instead of complaining how a group of people lying about everything they can for political points makes me doubt things like this and how that bothers me.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Main Paineframe posted:

The right can jump on anything they want, but if they were interested in flat-out making poo poo up then they would have done it by now.

Where were you during Obama?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Main Paineframe posted:

What, do you think the Anthony Weiner sex pest stuff was a right-wing hit job or something?

No?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
You might have to think awhile since it was at least two years ago and it's white people making poo poo up to justify why they hated a black guy so it might have gone into the memory hole all that garbage goes in.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Main Paineframe posted:

If the GOP had been willing to make up fake scandals to attack Obama on, they probably would have given us those instead of mustardgate and the tan suit controversy.

Lmbo.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
I could google a bunch of poo poo from back then about Obama but that takes work and you're dumb as hell.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Wow, it's almost like they don't care about the rule of law.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Republicans don't have a consistent belief system beyond the classical more for me, gently caress you. Also he just died, :rip: in peace.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

In fairness what the justices are being accused of is some pretty heavy duty embezzlement and misuse of state funds (and sounds like they're all guilty), but the way it's being handled is nothing short of a coup

This is going to make it hard for me to moralize to myself about jerks but I will take you're word for it.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Everything about this is pathetic.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
That's a bill that has some kind of poo poo on it.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Calling it now, the anonymous New York Times guy is Rudy Giuliani.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
He's been yelling at us about trump crimes for a year now, and is growing more and more panicked as nothing is being done.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

She's a bad person.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Phi230 posted:

Do you not feel empathy for a murder child or any kind of upset over the assassination without due process of an american citizen?

I do but I also don't see why some people have some insane compulsion to start yelling like people are ignoring whats wrong with the democratic party whenever they start talking about Republican issues its bizarre.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

There's no reason to treat his death any differently than everyone else we killed

eta:

Specifically, the idea that only Americans have due process rights is accepting right wing framing

People aren't robots and this helps them relate, idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

It does.

• Locked thread