Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Motto posted:

Weebs would've won

e; lol here's me pissing all over the mod's requests

SO who's gonna join the NFL boycott?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

empty whippet box posted:

Eyyyyy it's uspol, I needed another place to shitpost about politics that I barely understand and have only a fleeting connection to in my daily life.

now these goons are goons after my own heart.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Mustached Demon posted:

These piss threads help me cope with our gloriously lovely universe.

It's the piss tape I'm holding on for.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Experiment: elect Kshama Sawant to the Presidency of these States of America United.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

khy posted:

Weirdly enough given that SLC is the single most important location for the Mormon church, the culture in SLC is the least mormon in any place in the state of Utah. All the cities surrounding SLC are far, far, far worse about being rabidly mormon while the city itself, especially downtown, tends to be far less so. There's still a lot of mormons, don't get me wrong, but you're far more likely to encounter people of different religions (Or none at all) in the capital than anywhere else in the state. It's also quite liberal compared to the rest of the state which is HEAVILY conservative. If you were going to live anywhere in the state SLC is the best place to be for a non-mormon.

The worst part of SLC is the fact that the laws in Utah tend to be heavily influenced by mormon politics. For example : There's a group of laws called the Larry H Miller laws, where car dealerships must close on Sundays (Technically they can be open Saturday OR Sunday but not both) because LHM is a big mormon and was losing sales to the national dealerships which were open every day of the week. Then there's the Utah liquor laws which are some of the most restrictive in the US.

At least we have great skiing though.

The Mormons I know from non-SLC Utah are either crazy zealots who seem eager to fit every stereotype, or the most r/atheism haters of religion in general and Mormonism in particular on the planet. The Mormons I know from SLC and outside the state are almost entirely extremely cool, friendly, and serious about the "be good to each other" stuff, or they're chill Jack Mormons.

What I'm saying is yeah avoid Utah outside SLC, also flying through SLC is weird as hell because for someone like me from England the landscape is straight-up alien.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Koalas March posted:

This is great! I'm really proud of you!

I quit drinking in June, and I'm glad I did. I was becoming a straight alcoholic. Election night I drank myself to sleep and then I woke up and drank another pint and then did the same thing the next day. I seriously went on a three day depression bender.

Not to downplay your narrowly-avoided alcoholism but I don't think the first couple days after election night can be used as too strong a guide for that, you sure as poo poo weren't the only one I can tell you that from memories of hangover.

Also Fragmented I'm real glad for you! That poo poo can't have been even a tiny bit easy.

This Juggalo kid got a better comprehension of what Makes America Great than a hell of a lot of other people do :unsmith:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Dead Reckoning posted:

Give me a call when you've solved the reality of limited resources.

Hi yes, Dead Reckoning? I've solved the reality of limited resources: Eat the rich.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Jaxyon posted:

Well poo poo don't they already have a ton of stuff to rebuild from Irma?

Yeah half the Caribbean is in ruins.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

No he could have done his loving job and nominated a supreme court judge, but he couldn't even do that.

I'll take "Who is Merrick Garland for two hundred, Alex."

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Anyone to the right of Enver Hoxha is a goddamn revisionist class traitor. :colbert:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

AriadneThread posted:

oh man, i'll totally second that. the mars trilogy was probably the single most influential thing i read as a tween. ...i was probably too young to be reading those books that young, but i digress

his science in the capital trilogy is also good, though maybe more grounded in the time it was written and not quite as radical. i think it got recently repacked as one book. green earth? i haven't had a chance to go through it yet.

I don't know whether it's because the science has changed or if he's simply acknowledging that there are differing theories about the topic, but I really liked how in Aurora the idea of terraforming Mars was viewed as an incredibly long-term project that the Martians knew would likely take millennia to achieve (And how this need to think and plan on such a timescale became part of their worldview and informed them further).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

lmao hope they enjoy my loving shitposting

• Locked thread