Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Roosevelt posted:

:psyduck: what is going on

that phone is bugged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

:pwn:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

im "forceful bore"

ur all date wards tho so suck it.

i'm actually death's death's proud bear

and "Remorse?" is my Therapy? tribute band

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Mo_Steel posted:

Death of the Sun is my new synthwave album :colbert:

lol i just looked and there are actually like six different albums by that name already

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

RISCy Business posted:

rest in peace smoka, got hiv from a backalley tattoo parlor and died

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKLmZNnMT0A

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I wish I could have a dag

that's the only thing I wish on this gay earth

i also want a dog and my landlord breeds sled dogs so i think he'd be pretty chill with me having one here. but i don't even know which country i'm going to be living in in six months so it seems a bit unfair to get one and then uproot it/have to get rid of it

instead my friends with dogs bring their dogs to visit. here is one of those dogs, he is called nelson and is a VERY GOOD DOG

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i don't want to get a sled dog, just saying i think seeing as he spends like six months a year living in a tent with dogs he probably wouldn't mind me having a dog in the flat

my friends have a sled husky and it's super smart and fun and clever but it needs so drat much attention, they'd probably have been better off having a baby. at least kids don't usually learn how to open doors and run away and end up in a police car until they're teenagers

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

bump_fn posted:

hope this helps this thread

guys i just saw this cool video, but i just can't tell if he's saying piss or badass??? can anyone help?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUz9xCTOPRw

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
im also trying to categorise stock images by whether or not the actors are portrayed as Doing Labour. please pm me if you'd like to be involved in this project

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

cis autodrag posted:

Dollar sign but it says Maccas like it's the fuckin UK or something. Wtf.

australia?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
two buns and two cheese slices for $0.20 does seem pretty good value tbh

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Sagebrush posted:

you can only be relatively poor or wealthy. there's always gonna be someone poorer and someone wealthier than you are. if your argument is "you can't complain because you have it better than someone else" then, well, shut up.

i might also bring up how wealth and privilege isn't just a single continuum like a ladder but that might be too advanced of a topic

im rich, bitch

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
actually im not but thanks to living in communist europe it doesn't really matter

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

gently caress

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

p sure my isp has a row of these with one for every road they serve and a crack team of toddlers who totter up and down adjusting the valves in between double fisting m&ms

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
limmy owns

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YfRbNipdOg

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

lol

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
also come back rotor

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

relateable

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
look out here comes my posts

https://i.imgur.com/pmigpyZ.mp4

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
according to famous hurricane surviving goon jose, it's guatemala

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
what is a neogaf. is this what we're getting instead of xenforo now?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

lol @ that first panel, the punchline isn't great though

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

"I apologize to women in general that I could have been a better man and husband. [E]very time I have watched an adult video online [...] I have wronged women."

it's cool to see someone miss the point so badly that he actually starts to make bizarre opposite points

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
yeah but also he's apologising for things nobody is complaining about and refusing to apologise for the actual bad things he did, apparently unable to make a distinction between the two, and hand wringing about wronging some abstract idea of womanhood while ignoring the specific women he actually hurt

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
waywt looking cooler than usual

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

HA HA HA HA ....

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

ol qwerty bastard posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOxxPcy5Gr4

if nothing else, this technology is at least going to give us powerful new tools for making really trippy dream sequences in movies

it's pretty cool in the progressive growing bit seeing the face morph between male and female with only tiny subtle changes

also i'm this, this is me:

Salt Fish posted:

I can't believe there are people that work on facial recognition software because they think it will be good for society.
i never thought it would be good for society, but it was fun and interesting and paid well. but it was a weird and not entirely nice experience presenting a paper at a security/military conference, getting chatted up at drinks by recruiters who were strangely unwilling to talk about what specifically they wanted to recruit you for. my coauthor for that paper works for bae now lol

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

duTrieux. posted:

they're doing what they're designed to do, which is provide a layer of abstraction that lets google say "it's jus tthe algorithm, eh, what can you do amirite" even while their evelopers encode personal bias into their machines

not necessarily the developers, who are unlikely to have that fine grained control in this sort of machine learning. rather whatever training corpus they're using has a negative opinion of gay/black/jewish people. it's not so much a problem with the ai as it is a problem with the society that it's trained on

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
garbage in, garbage out, in other words

e: ^^ idk, was the aim to prepare an ai with good and cool opinions or an ai that reflects societal views?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i wonder what biases the yospos ai will have

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

pretty hosed up anti-skater attitude from the meeting of the minds

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
if there's any advice i can give you echi, it's this

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
it's snowed a foot here in the last 36 hours. is it ever going to stop

here's some stereo pics of jupiter

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

SmokaDustbowl posted:

it's gonna snow here soon, the trucks were out spraying the streets

i saw a dude pull a sick 180 drift on a hill earlier, i need to up my snow driving game now

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
here everyone just uses spiked tyres and snow chains all winter so the roads are super hosed up come summer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Vintersorg posted:

seems like yosmas is dead

no, it;s alive just it has a super cryptically named thread this year: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3838413

• Locked thread