Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
burning swine
May 26, 2004

C.H.O.M.E posted:

widdershins

:pwn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burning swine
May 26, 2004

burning swine
May 26, 2004

IUG posted:

why is this film not available for streaming anywhere? i've seen this movie posted here a bunch of times but you can't watch it anywhere
you've done it, you've figured out the problem with the streaming business model

burning swine
May 26, 2004

stay safe broccoli pug

burning swine
May 26, 2004

anonym00se is the hero we deserve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7Tps0M-l64

https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/896173752651702272

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

i passed my first exam just fine despite confusing right and left and stalling the car on a hill. only counted as 1 demerit in "turning procedure" and "gear selection" which are minor things apparently.

but nearly failed my second one (1 point above the minimum) because the lady kept taking off points every time i changed lanes, because she said i couldn't possibly have been looking in my mirrors because i wasn't turning my head far enough. apparently moving your eyes and head together and setting the mirrors correctly is some kind of advanced secret technique

I was definitely required to physically turn my head around to check blind spots when I took my test a million years ago

sightlines on modern cars have gotten so bad that this isn't even feasible for checking your left anymore though thanks to B/C pillars that are 3 feet thick and filled with airbags. I have no idea what the test requirements are these days

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Sapozhnik posted:

cool poo poo guys tell us more about your driving school experiences, eagerly looking forward to future updates!

be sure to post your sick gaming pc specs too

sorry to continue the derail but I spotted this yesterday while googling for something and felt compelled to screenshot

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

gonna need a source on dat

saaaaaaaaaaaame

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Nice!

but I was hoping it was from pacific rim 2

burning swine
May 26, 2004

netwerk23 posted:

I installed something new (SSD) into something old (computer with functioning ISA slots).

There is around 19 years of difference between these two.

Nice!

but also why

burning swine
May 26, 2004

i'm the poor sucker still hooked on vine

burning swine
May 26, 2004

burning swine
May 26, 2004

~friday afternoon motherfuckers~

burning swine
May 26, 2004

oh god my aching jord

burning swine
May 26, 2004

stay safe aquatic ghost dog

burning swine
May 26, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDwUB0QBWi0

burning swine
May 26, 2004

what a motherfucker

burning swine
May 26, 2004

SmokaDustbowl posted:

johnny290 is gone, so there's no more yosBBS

lets have a yospos alpha centauri game!

givin me serious deja vu here

burning swine
May 26, 2004

tyrian guy has been my steam avatar for like 10 years

burning swine
May 26, 2004

watchmen owns

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

6 hours and no one posted the new binky?!?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR1nU9IJsoM

came to post this

that heater box :eyepop:

burning swine
May 26, 2004

?????

burning swine
May 26, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

October is Spooky Snype month

killin' it with the spooky snypes this month

burning swine
May 26, 2004

I see this one nearly every day at around the same time/place during my commute home

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Reince Penis posted:

Wanna ride that short bus

full length pal

:getin:

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Tankakern posted:

minidisc was one of those things that was a massive global hit, except in one country.

guess which one

I had always figured minidisc flopped due to being encumbered by licensing fees to sony? See also: betamax, memory stick pro duo, etc. etc.

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

microMV
ATRAC3
UMD

they sure were lucky that blu-ray was a catchier name than hd-dvd or else that'd be on the list too.

what's their latest terrible proprietary format?

blu-ray only managed to take off because sony is a much smaller partner on that than it has been on past formats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Sombrerotron posted:

how big did the blu-ray market ever get, anyway? all i can remember is that until the very last gasp of music/movie stores - about five years ago by now i think - the number of dvds on offer was always far larger. i wonder if blu-ray would even be around anymore if it hadn't been for the ps3.

there was always going to be some demand for a physical HD format, something had to fill the niche

If there's a movie you really like, blu-ray remains the best way to own it. streaming is such a shitshow and it's only going to get worse

• Locked thread