Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!
Thanks to the help of some lovely goons, this thing is now done enough to kick out into the world.

Hardcore Prophecy: The Trump of Doom tells the story of the 2020 presidential election, and how the USA becomes a theocratic regime under the leadership of the new messiah, Donald Trump. It doesn't end well for America. The story is narrated by Dan Carlin, but he didn't actually say any of this. Like my previous project Son of Strelka, this album was put together by taking thousands of short audio clips and reassembling them into an entirely different story. In this case the text comes from the podcasts Hardcore History and Common Sense. The video was put together from a combination of existing footage and new stuff made by awesome goons in this very forum.

Be aware that the video contains blood, guts, boobs, butts, and presidential wieners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGYeTmHHZQM :nws:

or

https://vimeo.com/234086257 :nws:

If you want to download the album, it's free here:

http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Dan_Warren/Hardcore_Prophecy_The_Trump_of_Doom/

There's also a torrent file with both the audio and video here:

https://www.demonoid.pw/files/details/3661092/?rel=1505523921

Thanks to Paladinus for taking care of that!

Please do feel free to share all of the above wherever you want.

mofolotopo fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Sep 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I'm not watching that, op.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

You should. Good stuff.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Good poo poo, op.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this owns lol

Blahsmack
Oct 25, 2003

and a ton of people died voted five

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Have you sent this to Dan Carlin?

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
drat, was it cool watching this whole thing come together piece by piece.

Well done, everybody involved.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
A friend turned out to be a fan of Dan Carlin, and he really enjoyed it. Thanks, OP!

Do you plan to post it on reddits and other sites more popular than these dead forums?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

No. 6 posted:

I'm not watching that, op.

Youre missing out.

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!

evobatman posted:

Have you sent this to Dan Carlin?

Tweeted it to him, but it was the middle of the night there so he may not have seen it.

https://twitter.com/danlwarren/status/908592456538611712

I'd love it if he enjoyed it but it would also be kinda fun if he said "what the gently caress have you done you monster".

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
This really does sound like hardcore history from the future.

murex
Apr 30, 2009

by Lowtax
I got busy and forgot all about this project and never got around to sharing the finished bits I had edited but I like end result :thumbsup:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
oh my god how many hours of dan carlin did you have to go through to get this together?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Good stuff. I followed the other thread but didn't watch any of the videos, but this is really well done. Congrats on a completed Goon project!

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
drat 40 minutes is a lot of work. Good job OP

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
This is really well done and cool

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
The speech @ 11m had me cracking up.

Listening to this in the background at work is weirding me out, though.

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

This was fairly entertaining, great effort!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I really want to watch this later. Insanely good job OP and those who helped out.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
goddamn!!! bless you for taking the time to do something like this. it is extremely my poo poo

beer gas canister fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Sep 15, 2017

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Cool and good. Glad to see that the community can still come together around projects like this.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
Holy gently caress you are insane in the best way

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

mofolotopo posted:

Thanks to the help of some lovely goons, this thing is now done enough to kick out into the world.

Hardcore Prophecy: The Trump of Doom tells the story of the 2020 presidential election, and how the USA becomes a theocratic regime under the leadership of the new messiah, Donald Trump. It doesn't end well for America. The story is narrated by Dan Carlin, but he didn't actually say any of this. Like my previous project Son of Strelka, this album was put together by taking thousands of short audio clips and reassembling them into an entirely different story. In this case the text comes from the podcasts Hardcore History and Common Sense. The video was put together from a combination of existing footage and new stuff made by awesome goons in this very forum.

Be aware that the video contains blood, guts, boobs, butts, and presidential wieners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGYeTmHHZQM :nws:

If you want to download the album, it's free here:

http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Dan_Warren/Hardcore_Prophecy_The_Trump_of_Doom/

Please do feel free to share all of the above wherever you want.

:drat:

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

oh my god how many hours of dan carlin did you have to go through to get this together?

Building the sample library took several hundred hours over the course of about a year and a half. It's by far the most time consuming and least fun part of the process. I'm going to try to see if I can script it soon using Google's voice recognition API; that'd let me do more than one of these albums every five or six years.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

The speech @ 11m had me cracking up.

Listening to this in the background at work is weirding me out, though.

Ya it takes a... uh... turn around 10:40

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avQq2Mr0A9M

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!
Hey, I was going to upload a torrent of this just in case it gets whacked from Youtube for copyright issues, but for some reason my attempts to set up an account on TPB are just throwing error after error. If any of you has somewhere you can upload a torrent and are willing to do that, pm me your email address and I'll send you a torrent file.

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe
Holy christ that was magnificent.

:captainpop:

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!
Torrent with audio and video added to the OP, thanks Paladinus!

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
This is amazing and everything I ever could have hoped for.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

mofolotopo posted:

Hey, I was going to upload a torrent of this just in case it gets whacked from Youtube for copyright issues

Would it make sense to upload a copy on Vimeo as well?

Also:

JossiRossi posted:

This is amazing and everything I ever could have hoped for.

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!

Annual Prophet posted:

Would it make sense to upload a copy on Vimeo as well?

It would indeed. It's still converting, but it will be here when it's done:

https://vimeo.com/234086257

No download option though; that only comes with a paid subscription, and with the torrent available I don't really see the need.

e: or maybe you can download it? I see a link for that, but it may be because I posted it.

mofolotopo fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Sep 16, 2017

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
You beautiful bastard, between this and your other works (like steve lichman) you might be one of my favorite artists.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Ceciltron posted:

You beautiful bastard, between this and your other works (like steve lichman) you might be one of my favorite artists.

which one of you guys made steve lichman? That ruled

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!
Oh man I wish! One of the Steve Lichman guys has the same name as me, but it's another dude entirely.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

mofolotopo posted:

Oh man I wish! One of the Steve Lichman guys has the same name as me, but it's another dude entirely.

What a terrifying conjunction of namings! Son of Strelka still is amazing though.

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!
Thanks! The Steve Lichman confusion has happened multiple times, but I don't mind at all because I love the comic and wish I were involved.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
This is loving incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
This is amazing. How many hours did you have to look for Carlin to say the word genitals, :lol:.

I really hope Carlin watches this because I'd love to see his reaction.

• Locked thread