Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Watched it, deserved the five I already delivered. Send this to adult swim or something dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!

Sjs00 posted:

Unparalleled catastrophe? Bitch where

right here

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Watched it, deserved the five I already delivered. Send this to adult swim or something dude

Huh. You know, I actually may submit it to a bunch of film festivals. None that have an entry fee though, because gently caress me if I'm going to pay for that lol.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
are you going to send it dan Carlin or wait for him to find out on his own?

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!
I tweeted him about it a few days ago but he hasn't responded yet.

https://twitter.com/danlwarren/status/908592456538611712

He isn't on Twitter often, though, so maybe in a few days?

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I still don't see the problem

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
I'd love to hear his response. I found myself actually cracking up at this last night... and I voted for the Donald.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

RaceBannon posted:

I'd love to hear his response. I found myself actually cracking up at this last night... and I voted for the Donald.

Please post it on r/thedonald and report back.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

Trig Discipline posted:

Please post it on r/thedonald and report back.

I would but that would require signing up for reddit. It took like 10 years to get a SA account

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

RaceBannon posted:

I would but that would require signing up for reddit. It took like 10 years to get a SA account

reddit doesn't even need an email address. Do it

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

RaceBannon posted:

did you sign up by US mail?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Holy loving poo poo

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
This is fuckin rad.

Cender
Sep 24, 2004

This easily made my week. Felt like 15 minutes had passed when it was over and I haven't laughed that hard while alone in a long time.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
This is incredible. Thank you for your hard work!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Oh god I just made it to the primary, I'm loving dying

Fromdusktilprawn
Mar 11, 2009
Wow, that was cool. And unsettling, which is incredible considering the ridiculousness of it all. Well done!

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
This great. Congrats to everyone who worked on it.

Someone needs to get this to Alex Jones

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Someone needs to DO this to Alex Jones. Make it so he says a bunch of reasonable, well documented stuff and then he tries to discourage people from buying his supplements.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Trig Discipline posted:

Someone needs to DO this to Alex Jones. Make it so he says a bunch of reasonable, well documented stuff and then he tries to discourage people from buying his supplements.

have him be a recovering addict recounting his addled delirium, fever dreams and tripping and lamenting the prostitution and grifting he used to fund his habits

given the nature and quantity of his ranting, just about anything would be possible

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Annual Prophet posted:

have him be a recovering addict recounting his addled delirium, fever dreams and tripping and lamenting the prostitution and grifting he used to fund his habits

given the nature and quantity of his ranting, just about anything would be possible

It must be done

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
Mofo, if you ever do a project like this again, I bet there are some goons out there that are bored enough for you to crowd-source some of the clip-collection, which I believe is the most lengthy & tedious part.

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!
It is indeed, and I might.

Actually the first thing I'm going to try is scripting it using Google's voice recognition API - if I can get that working I can do the process largely automatically for just a couple bucks per hour of audio. It seems like it might be a fiddly process at first, but doable. Basically I'm envisioning using Sound Forge to insert markers at silences, then split those into regions and extract each region to a file. Then I'd send each file to Google's voice recognition, and rename the file with the text that Google sends back. There's obviously going to be some misfires at a couple of those steps, so some quality control will be needed, but even with that it should be far, far faster.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Not that I love the guy (or hate him) but you should get this to Joe Rogan, there is like a 99% chance you'd get to smoke weed and do an interview about it and that guy has a big audience.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

precision posted:

Not that I love the guy (or hate him) but you should get this to Joe Rogan, there is like a 99% chance you'd get to smoke weed and do an interview about it and that guy has a big audience.

joe rogan is a piece of poo poo, but smoking weed is always good

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I liked his DMT documentary because it was predicated on the idea that Joe Rogan had somehow opened the doorway to expanded human consciousness but somehow he was still Joe Rogan.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Trig Discipline posted:

I liked his DMT documentary because it was predicated on the idea that Joe Rogan had somehow opened the doorway to expanded human consciousness but somehow he was still Joe Rogan.

lol

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Trig Discipline posted:

I've still never watched that because I'm saving it for a day when, like, one of my family members dies and I need something guaranteed to make me lol

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It's really good at convincing you that DMT might be amazing but people who take a lot of DMT are intolerable.

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
God drat this is some cool rear end poo poo.

rubberrazors
Nov 1, 2011

I was in it, but then the ending got a bit cringey with the World War Z scenarios.

But that might be the DMT talking,

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
This is pretty impressive, political satire is getting kind of stale these days due to all the obvious targets and this manages to be a breath of fresh air. Good job!

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

This is great

ChlamydiaJones
Sep 27, 2002

My Estonian riding instructor told me; "Mine munni ahvi türa imeja", and I live by that every day!
Ramrod XTreme
That is absolutely amazing, you are an artist.
If Dan ever comes after you please tell us so that we can try to talk him down.
wow.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

This pretty much reflects my hearing of the Anabaptists nightmare episode of Hardcore History, and skillfully merges it with my trepidations of the near future. If bile rising through my digestive system is like some sort of high striker carnival game of success, congrats, you hit the bell!

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is superb

IKillForPie
Jan 13, 2006

Is that a pie in your pocket?

Straight White Shark posted:

This is pretty impressive, political satire is getting kind of stale these days due to all the obvious targets and this manages to be a breath of fresh air. Good job!

My thoughts exactly, I couldn't have said it better. Loved the edit great work!

Hopefully it will get some more public recognition =]

region25
Apr 30, 2002

deep brain stimulation
I loved this and shared it with a bunch of journalists and producers at work. Hope you get some attention! Amazing work :100:

epoch.
Jul 24, 2007

When people say there is too much violence in my books, what they are saying is there is too much reality in life.
This is truly an astonishing accomplishment.

conservative-christian groupsex orgies

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!
Thanks y'all!

doctorfrog posted:

This pretty much reflects my hearing of the Anabaptists nightmare episode of Hardcore History, and skillfully merges it with my trepidations of the near future. If bile rising through my digestive system is like some sort of high striker carnival game of success, congrats, you hit the bell!

Those are pretty much the key inspirations for where the story went. I was already sampling Carlin for a while before I hit the Anabaptist episode, and was already sorta thinking about doing something Trump-y. Hearing the Anabaptist episode with a near-future Trump story in mind was just like "oh poo poo, I know where this story goes".

region25 posted:

I loved this and shared it with a bunch of journalists and producers at work. Hope you get some attention! Amazing work :100:

Yesssss thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyramid Scheme
May 21, 2007

Great work.

Thanks for the credit, but it feels excessive vs my low effort of posting one link to a photo (golfers playing during a fire) that was already appearing all over news websites.

• Locked thread