Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
It's a 40 minute long video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

You're really comparing a YouTube video to a movie? Most people don't go to a movie expecting instant content but do click on YouTube videos with that expectation

Protip: there are many actual movies and TV shows on YouTube. They typically do have credits.

It's fine if you're so jacked up on Mountain Dew and modafinil that you can't sit still through a minute of credits; you can just skip it. But that literally explains what the thing is and how it was made, which is an important part of understanding it. Plus it's already been said in the thread that this is being submitted as a screener to film festivals, and that requires credits.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Trig Discipline posted:

Protip: there are many actual movies and TV shows on YouTube. They typically do have credits.

It's fine if you're so jacked up on Mountain Dew and modafinil that you can't sit still through a minute of credits; you can just skip it. But that literally explains what the thing is and how it was made, which is an important part of understanding it. Plus it's already been said in the thread that this is being submitted as a screener to film festivals, and that requires credits.

Requiring creditors is a good thing. Just look at the last American election

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Chapter 9 was my favorite part

I voted for Ragnarok. Because it would be better if you weren't all here. To see how awesome its going to be!

Alien that feeds on hate and fear with a kabuki mask sounds like Zeiram from Iria:
https://media.giphy.com/media/nhS6ll4vEn6uY/giphy.gif
http://tinyurl.com/y84y5nfn

Eat my baby Don!
http://tinyurl.com/yab5et9y

Oh and the Yellowstone supervolcano is being attacked by foreign governments so the Ragnarok will happen so much sooner

and would his UFO carve his face into mt. Rushmore or will it be the zombies?

CH. 7 could have been avoided with the MWOWM you pinks

lets burn fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Oct 14, 2017

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

lets burn posted:

Zeiram from Iria:

christ you're old. we are both old because I got the reference

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Trig Discipline posted:

Yeah this is why most people leave a movie during the opening credits.

movies these days barely have opening credits - credits are now moved to the end of a movie. And probably for a good reason too, with it getting pretty drat long. if you remember there was a time when all the credits of a movie were shown at the beginning and the movie would end with "The End" fade to black. This was sorta like the youtube version of that. credits in this should've been at the end as a stranger might lose interest but it doesn't mean this isn't awesome to watch.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

lets burn posted:

Chapter 9 was my favorite part

I voted for Ragnarok. Because it would be better if you weren't all here. To see how awesome its going to be!

Alien that feeds on hate and fear with a kabuki mask sounds like Zeiram from Iria:
https://media.giphy.com/media/nhS6ll4vEn6uY/giphy.gif
http://tinyurl.com/y84y5nfn

Eat my baby Don!
http://tinyurl.com/yab5et9y

Oh and the Yellowstone supervolcano is being attacked by foreign governments so the Ragnarok will happen so much sooner

and would his UFO carve his face into mt. Rushmore or will it be the zombies?

CH. 7 could have been avoided with the MWOWM you pinks

I got a reduced (as it was missing a couple of the cast lead guns or something), Japanese vinyl model kit of Zeiram, years ago. It was not half as rad as Hardcore Prophecy

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

That was loving awesome. Like really loving quality work dude.

The nukes were great!

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
Trump detonated the atomic
(riff)
bomb

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!
I must admit there was some temptation to turn that into a funk breakdown, but I figured it would interfere with the story too much.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Yeah this is cool

glitch77
Apr 22, 2006
Just awful.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGYeTmHHZQM

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I just clicked through it, saw Nazis, Trump shirtless, nuclear war, and a bunch of graves. Pretty good

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
Finally getting around to watching the final version. It's good, my only regret is not submitting more. Also you spelled my name correctly, but it's no biggie.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

movies these days barely have opening credits - credits are now moved to the end of a movie. And probably for a good reason too, with it getting pretty drat long. if you remember there was a time when all the credits of a movie were shown at the beginning and the movie would end with "The End" fade to black. This was sorta like the youtube version of that. credits in this should've been at the end as a stranger might lose interest but it doesn't mean this isn't awesome to watch.

Exactly. Watch it you motherfuckers.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

No one here said they stopped watching after 1 minute hth

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

No one here said they stopped watching after 1 minute hth

Pretty sure someone said "It's a 40 minute long video."

I hope that helps oval office.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
If you don't watch this you are and pussy.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Blow posted:

by a guy who said he watched the whole thing :ssh:

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

Still, I'd start with a bit of narration, and then the disclaimer. And maybe move the credits to the end, but it must still end at "Good luck. Bye! *snicker* Hope it all works out!" because that's a perfect ending

hackbunny fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Oct 25, 2017

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Straight White Shark posted:

by a guy who said he watched the whole thing :ssh:

Yeah, I said that directly in response to someone who said "people expecte the content in the first minute".

Obviously a 40 minute video isn't going to get to the point in the first minute.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blow posted:

I hope that helps oval office.

lmao what's with the fighting words calm down idiot

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
it's colloquialism you poof

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Nonviolent J posted:

it's colloquialism you poof

I'm not your oval office, twat.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Blast of Confetti posted:

lmao what's with the fighting words calm down idiot

Did you just call me an idiot?

:lol:

I'm Australian. It's like saying hello.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Blow posted:

Did you just call me an idiot?

:lol:

I'm Australian. It's like saying hello.

the difference in the use and potency of swears between english speaking countries is awesome, the southern hemisphere is as far from la as you want.

british guys and aussies get on great and call each other dirty slags all the time, at least thats been the case at pubs I have worked at.

anyway ignore that bollocks, I finally got around to watching the whole thing, its a work of art, it required patience and skill i will never in a month of sundays possess.
whiloe still having fun as it was being put together with visuals that nailed it.

mofolotopo posted:

I must admit there was some temptation to turn that into a funk breakdown, but I figured it would interfere with the story too much.

Do you still have the materials and files onhand to do that with? you can do a halloween promo !

staberind fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Oct 28, 2017

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I'm Australian.

Sorry to hear that, MATE

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

gnarlyhotep posted:

I'm Australian.

Sorry to hear that, MATE

For those who are unaware;

Greeting a mate --> "hey oval office"
Greeting a oval office --> "hey mate"

Hope this clears things up

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Oct 28, 2017

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

alpaca diseases posted:

For those who are unaware;

Greeting a mate --> "hey oval office"
Greeting a oval office --> "hey mate"

Hope this clears things up

I'm not Australian, I was just being a mate

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!

staberind posted:

Do you still have the materials and files onhand to do that with? you can do a halloween promo !

All on the other side of the world now, I'm afraid. I just moved to Germany and most of my poo poo won't get here until March or April.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

mofolotopo posted:

All on the other side of the world now, I'm afraid. I just moved to Germany and most of my poo poo won't get here until March or April.

Ah, scheisse. but welcome to europe, where in germany, I usually end up in berlin.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

These days I get all pissed off of a show intro is more than a couple seconds. Ozark got it right but something like the Dexter or Game of Thrones intro is like spending a few full minutes in a nightmare hell world.

I'm fine with it in this video though the whole thing is a delight.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

mofolotopo posted:

I seriously hope you have all your work backed up online, it's all gold

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!
Oh I have backups for my backups of my backups. It's just that all of my actual instruments are in Japan. Probably going to buy some more stuff here though, because five months is a long time to be without a guitar.

BTW the new Common Sense is mega-depressing. I think America has broken Dan Carlin.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

mofolotopo posted:

Oh I have backups for my backups of my backups. It's just that all of my actual instruments are in Japan. Probably going to buy some more stuff here though, because five months is a long time to be without a guitar.

BTW the new Common Sense is mega-depressing. I think America has broken Dan Carlin.

Maybe he saw your parody and realized it was real life

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i stopped watching after one minute

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
This is amazingly well crafted. Good job!

gamey
May 17, 2009
America has broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

i stopped watching after one minute

Then you've missed out, friend

• Locked thread