Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Getting proper mad at something as milquetoast as QC is a powerful self-own imho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Read Dr. McNinja

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Ruffle is getting pretty good at playing flash content, which is why places like z0r (https://z0r.de/1889 :v:) mostly work again nowadays.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

It's still just re-runs, right?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

RIP userfriendly.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Neito posted:

Did he give any reason why, or just "Eh, well, sucks".

I'm of mixed opinions. ON the one hand, it's not like it was relevant even at the time it went into perma-repeats, let alone now; on the other hand, I'm never a fan of parts of internet history going dark.

It was built in an ancient version of perl running via mod_perl on apache, and it was impossible to maintain.

The most important thing was the forum, and it has apparently largely moved to a different site.

I am honestly a bit baffled that he didn't just dump the comic somewhere else read only. It wasn't high art, but having it just vanish is sad.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Unsounded is as uplifting and encouraging as it always has been. It has a lovely backlog.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I would like to file a complaint over the three words in the bottom right of this comic page.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

The formula demands that each page ends on a joke. That obviously clashes with any attempt at seriousness.

Though it would be funny if he mirrors the Culture series' treatment of mind states, where people basically send whole copies of themselves as interactive birthday cards. The recipient can have a fully conversation and then delete the mind state of their friend, and anyone who questions the morality of it gets the "oh, you're the first who has thought about that, Nerd" treatment. I found that actually pretty funny.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I sometimes check up on what webcomics are doing that I've long stopped following.

:ohdear:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

It's DMFA. It has been running since 1999 and grew out of Furcadia. Calling it niche is probably an understatement.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vffu6FG4YP4

Blimey.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

https://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=5059

Got at least a sensible chuckle out of me.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Cat!

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I love that neocities exists.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

QC is the most okay comic on the Internet. This is my 0K take.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

It's a good point, I do need some tea.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Cargo ships barely have any wake at all, Jacques. :colbert:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

:v:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

https://dresdencodak.com/2010/06/03/dark-science-01/ is a pretty great opening for a comic.

Shame about the rest.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I have known a bunch of Ayos. :shepface:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

ToxicFrog posted:

This already exists (<link> with rel="prev" or rel="next") but I have no idea if any browser usefully supports it.

Vivaldi does iirc.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I can't decide whether Sinfest is the worst comic being posted to the politoons thread. But it's clear to me that's where it belongs. It's not a webcomic, it's a political propaganda strip somewhere to the right of Branco, Kirschen (maybe), Garrison.

It's posted as one big summary post, so it's easier to scroll past. If you stick and read, it's incredibly awful and utterly bereft of hinge.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Yes, it's remarkable how incoherent and incomprehensible it is. It has completely lost the plot. Incredible, really, for what started as a gag a day comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

If someone comes up to you to start a long rant about how much they hate Pizza Margherita, which they nonetheless eat every day…

QC is fine, and anyone who has strong opinions on it is inevitably wrong about many other things.