Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

There was vastly, vastly more projection into Bernie than Warren if only because of the ideological intensity of his supporters.

Warren supporters just wanted a smart mommy to take the reins so they could declare a progressive victory, go to brunch, and tell anyone to the left of them to shut up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

what have they done to my boy

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Impkins Patootie posted:

they sent him to a farm in upstate vermont
now he's free to give everyone healthcare, wag his finger at people, and do all the sexisms till he's tuckered out and needs a nap

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

Plastic Pal posted:

Personally, I had resolved to write in Bernie, but someone on Twitter made the excellent point that nothing enrages libs like 3rd party votes, especially for the Greens. They pore over these votes with seething entitlement -- how they resent it, how DARE anyone, even independents, vote for anyone but a Democrat.

After all the Dem leadership and the shitbag colluding media did to run down Bernie...I want to twist the knife as much as I am able at this point.

Yeah I'm pissed. gently caress the corporatists.

Green is the new red, comrade. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3919269

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

papa horny michael posted:

It's also worth stating that Warren has very few supporters compared to Sanders. Paltry. Equivalent to Bloomberg's late run that outright bought voters.

Yeah, she did reasonably well in Iowa but after that she was pretty clearly in the Klobuchar-tier "spoiler at best" category. She had an opportunity to be the progressive candidate in October, but never recovered from the ideological beatings Pete & co. gave her for refusing to say she would use taxes to pay for Medicare for All. So loving stupid.

Late in the race she focused on tearing down Bernie since it became clear that she was bleeding her remaining supporters to him.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Still holding out hope that Biden dies of COVID or gets taken down for being a rapist, if only bc any timeline that isn't the President Bernie one is hell on earth.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Impkins Patootie posted:

Bernie got the Sonny treatment from the rest of the five thinktanks

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

FrancisFukyomama posted:

Still holding out hope that Biden dies of COVID or gets taken down for being a rapist, if only bc any timeline that isn't the President Bernie one is hell on earth.

BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

cool dance moves posted:

BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD

I wonder if we're going to start seeing more allegations, since it just hit mainstream media, and Biden is pretty obviously a creep

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

That DICK! posted:

us turning on bernie is a necessary part of his sacrifice. he wants us to do it. all around the world, biden losers are being put in the position of having to defend bernie from bernie bros.he wants us to eat his flesh.

p much

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

That DICK! posted:

us turning on bernie is a necessary part of his sacrifice. he wants us to do it.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Join the Watermelon Party!

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

FrancisFukyomama posted:

It would need to happen very fast, too much longer and a majority of delegates would be chosen by Bidens campaign. (I think?) Even if their first bound vote for Biden isnt valid for whatever reason, they still wouldn't be likely to vote Bernie. You'd be more likely to end up with Hillary 2.

A slightly more reasonable idea (that is still coming from the Bargaining stage of grief) would be hoping that Biden is pushed into picking a good (haha) VP, wins by a substantial margin and then immediately is incapacitated.

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Just an update.
Apparently being a strong black Christian doesn't nullify bring a closeted Republican.

Rest in piss. Appeal fails. Republican out. Even better, he can't register as an independent (deadline has passed), so he's off the ballot for good

Don't stop

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I'm voting for Bernie Sanders. If you want me to stop then you're gonna have to beat the poo poo out of me numerous times. Even so, I'll probably just reset my own bones, feed on a treefrog, and continue the virtuous mission.

i got owned
Apr 10, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

FrancisFukyomama posted:

Still holding out hope

no

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

The Democrats will not allow Bernie to be their nominee. There is literally nothing they will not do to prevent him from being the nominee, up to and including killing him.

i got owned
Apr 10, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rastor posted:

The Democrats will not allow Bernie to be their nominee. There is literally nothing they will not do to prevent him from being the nominee, up to and including killing him.

yeah bernie never had a chance. the complete stranglehold on democracy and the world economy that the ruling class has taken will literally never be broken and the vast majority of humanity is destined to live their entire lives under a system they are exploited by daily

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

i got owned posted:

yeah bernie never had a chance. the complete stranglehold on democracy and the world economy that the ruling class has taken will literally never be broken and the vast majority of humanity is destined to live their entire lives under a system they are exploited by daily

lol

The current situation is basically like the Spanish film The Platform

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlfooqeZcdY

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

ratbert90 posted:

Bernie Sanders at every debate and interview: If I lose I will endorse the nominee.
*Bernie concedes and endorses the nominee*
This thread: Outraged and Surprised Pikachu face.

Biden is only the nominee right now because Bernie turned in to a sad sack, OP. We're mad because he gave up halfway through and endorsed immediately. A half rear end endorsement at the convention would not have led to this response.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Bust Rodd posted:

this is an extremely good thread about Bernie’s utterly massive Latino base

https://twitter.com/ramonvillalobos/status/1250008133944008705?s=21

I did basically all my canvassing in Latino neighborhoods in my community and they showed the gently caress up, we kicked the poo poo out of Biden locally.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Bastard Tetris posted:

I did basically all my canvassing in Latino neighborhoods in my community and they showed the gently caress up, we kicked the poo poo out of Biden locally.

It's been fun watching the Liberals go one about how Bernie doesn't have minority support, as though black people are the only demographic they care about.

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

PeterCat posted:

It's been fun watching the Liberals go one about how Bernie doesn't have minority support, as though black people are the only demographic they care about.

Yep. Latinos don't have institutional power in the party and thus can be completely ignored without consequence to their careers.

loving shameful.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Rastor posted:

Even if he somehow would have gotten past all that, Democrats would have gave him no support and/or Trump would have just cancelled the election.

I'm still proud of all the work I did and I'd do it again.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

PeterCat posted:

Fondly remembering that Hilary toady loudly complaining about some headline about Alaska and Hawaii being some of the most diverse states and him trotting out their black population stats like theyre the only non-white race.

TheDon01 has issued a correction as of 09:17 on Apr 16, 2020

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

You trash eating stink bag!
Fun Shoe

Mrs. Dash posted:

Real Bernie and the Bernie that exists in the heads of the online left have always been as different as Real Biden and Onion Biden. Sadly, American politics is such that Real Bernie is still one of the best options we've had.

Yinlock posted:

bernie was the compromise candidate

I was always realistic about this and never thought of Bernie as some perfect super left guy, but I thought he at least had the guts to stick it out and at least the principles to not endorse an scumbag racist rapist... turns out I was wrong

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

SeANMcBAY posted:

Even if he somehow would have gotten past all that, Democrats would have gave him no support and/or Trump would have just cancelled the election.

I'm still proud of all the work I did and I'd do it again.

To be clear, I'm not blackpilled. It was good Bernie ran again, and ran strongly enough to remove a lot of masks and reveal workings of The System to a lot of people.

Change for the better can still come. But it has been proven the Democrats' single most important mission and goal is to prevent it.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
I originally supported Warren, as even though I align much more closely with Bernie on the issues, I believed strongly that a woman should be at the top of the ticket. Because of my strong male feminist leanings I was not going to vote for Biden and instead vote down ballot only. That being said, Bernie's endorsement of Biden, and more specifically his statement that not voting for Biden would be irresponsible has really brought me around to voting for the lesser of two evils. I doubt I'll ever donate or campaign for him but I'll definitely be voting for Biden, primarily as a result of Bernie's endorsement.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

cargo cult posted:

I originally supported Warren, as even though I align much more closely with Bernie on the issues, I believed strongly that a woman should be at the top of the ticket. Because of my strong male feminist leanings I was not going to vote for Biden and instead vote down ballot only. That being said, Bernie's endorsement of Biden, and more specifically his statement that not voting for Biden would be irresponsible has really brought me around to voting for the lesser of two evils. I doubt I'll ever donate or campaign for him but I'll definitely be voting for Biden, primarily as a result of Bernie's endorsement.

Is this copypasta

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Wrong thread? This isn't the succ zone

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

PeterCat posted:

I’ve been noticing posts like this in cspam for a while. I’ve considered myself a liberal for decades, but these posts are always the complete opposite of my views. Am I not actually a liberal? How can I even tell?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

SubnormalityStairs posted:

I’ve been noticing posts like this in cspam for a while. I’ve considered myself a liberal for decades, but these posts are always the complete opposite of my views. Am I not actually a liberal? How can I even tell?

are you in favour of the sanctity of private property and believe that the role of politics is to resolve conflicts of interest in a civilised and rational way? if so you're probably a liberal

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

V. Illych L. posted:

are you in favour of the sanctity of private property and believe that the role of politics is to resolve conflicts of interest in a civilised and rational way? if so you're probably a liberal

i appreciate that this is formatted as a jeff foxworthy bit

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
do you think all politics is the high-minded pursuit of compromise with an adversary who has the same goals in mind and not a zero-sum contest over resource allocation with a political movement that will turn against democracy the minute it no longer suits them? you might be a liberal

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
in 2006, when I was in college, being liberal meant you though gay people should have marriage equality and was seen as being radical.

As liberal politics drifted back towards the center, anyone with further left leanings was pushed into the radical left as we maintained things like healthcare and human rights should be free and accessible.

in 2020 being a liberal means thinking its more important to have the right kind of person shoveling poo poo down your throat than it is to have real policies that enact change for your community.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
re: liberals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nFvhhCulaw

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Do you think all the world's problems would be solved if we could just find the smartest people and put them in charge of everything? You might be a liberal.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
The CSPAM usage of liberal (status quo defender, numbers fuckstein, PMC IDPOL LOVING BOUGIE FUCKS) is incredibly different from the standard american usage of liberal (anything left of the percieved center) which is also different from the RW media use of liberal (anyone who isn't a proud Nazi).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
do you think Guantanamo doesn’t havent enough female guards?

youuuuuuu might be a liberal