Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Illinois redux: privacy settlement #2.

http://www.googlebipasettlement.com

This time it's for Google photos instead of Facebook.

Looks like Illinois has done well in at least being willing to take on social media with privacy laws.

I wonder how many social media companies will get slammed and whether Illinois sets the tone.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jun 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Straight from her own website:

Like, isn’t the point of the blockchain that everything’s just… out there for everyone else to see? I’m assuming she just doesn’t know what it actually means.

They only want to put your social security number, address and birthdate on the blockchain. What's the worst that could happen?

- probably a quote from these shitters already

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

Fetterman needs to prove he can live long enough to get elected.

I like JB as governor, which I can’t believe I’m saying, so I’d rather he not run for President.

as I read this I can't imagine who would keep our state from completely going to poo poo right now if it wasn't JB, and not sure many names come to mind.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

-Blackadder- posted:

You guys were right, Bailey is the grift that keeps on giving.
https://twitter.com/JenGGforRep/status/1554244393229586438

fixed that for ya. *grift*, not gift.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

xzzy posted:

The same guy that said "let's move on already JEEZ" after a mass shooting in a town with a large jewish background.

But not before saying we should be celebrating. Ie massive dog whistling.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
lol this state. 3rd settlement for privacy!
https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/snapchat-settlement-money-illinois-lawsuit
Not sure we'll ever see google's, but hey.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Oracle posted:

Far as I know JB has never smoked so he’s already ahead of the curve there.

Also I don't think I heard he eats like Trump in general, IE people having to resort to hiding vegetables in mashed potatoes/ketchup travesty or I'm pretty sure we would have heard about it by now, as people in Illinois are usually* pretty well versed from a culinary standpoint

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Oracle posted:

Yeah we tend to think kids are more savvy because of all the exposure to the internet and etc etc but they're still just kids.

Unfortunately education stops with children, as we have grown rear end adults repeating this sort of logic as well.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Lammasu posted:

Did you point out that getting rid of cash bail and replacing it with electronic monitoring will save the state a fortune?

But mah purge narrative!

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
I just got this from the propaganda peddlers tonight:

"Hi, this is Charles Thomas calling on behalf of people who played by the rules political action committee. I'm calling people across Chicago land for a live call about the issues impacting residents and the failure of Governor J. B pritzker to address these issues. If you receive this message by 7:40 p.m. Tonight and would like to join this live free call, please call 877-228-2184 that number again, 877-228-2184 and enter the pin the code 112477. Again 112477. This call was paid for by people who play by the rules political action committee. It is not endorsed by any candidate or candidates committee. Thank you. 630-216-7185"

someone should record it and then force it public

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

“IT MAKES IT TOO EASY!!! :byodood:

Seriously, there are conservatives on Twitter and poo poo arguing that you should have to go out of your way to vote, and making it too easy is bad for… reasons???

Never mind that until recently, the GOP was the big vote-by-mail party to ensure that their elderly shut-ins weren’t waylaid by infirmity on Election Day. Soon-to-be Speaker of the House (maybe?) Kevin McCarthy got his start in GOP politics doing vote-by-mail organization back in 1987. It’s extra :lol: that Donald Trump convinced the GOP base voters that vote-by-mail is now bad.

Personally, my favorite thing about vote-by-mail is it gives me time to try to research all of the local down ballot races, especially judges. When I voted in person, I’d end up leaving anything I didn’t know blank, which is how scumbags entrench themselves in local office.

Well don't forget a large bunch of these republican elderly have likely died from covid.

Studies have come out showing a huge disparity in covid outcomes between parties, due to a lack of vaccination and lack of proper care and social distancing and so on.

Death cults have consequences.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/covid-death-rates-higher-republicans-democrats-why-rcna50883

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
That wording was weird as poo poo. We knew it was pro-union, but it was so tortured in trying to make it sound confusing.

Eeyo posted:

Yeah the amendment was weirdly cast as a property tax thing (I saw several signs saying to vote no on amendment 1 since it will increase property taxes). It’s tortured logic of workers unionize more and ask for more pensions->higher property taxes. So presumably the wealthier people of DuPage county voted against it since they’re afraid of higher taxes on their big houses. That and they’d probably see less benefit from expanded union protection compared to a random citizen.

It was a weird election, I got a mailer against the dem state rep that said “Our schools are failing so don’t vote for the dem because they voted to increase school funding! We need to fix our schools first!”, my brain hurt after that one.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

The X-man cometh posted:

Is the Daily Grifter taken?

eh, the daily freeper?

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Cattail Prophet posted:

The funny part to me is that it would have been very easy for them to just quietly not do the thing they didn't want to do, and many of them probably would have gotten away with it for a while.

But instead they shouted from the rooftops their intent to not do the thing, because stoking culture war bullshit is the actual goal here.

It's the timing too. Like anyone can have a bad moment where they are loud idiot in a room, but blatantly refusing to do your government job due to political spectrum is something else.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Researching local elections in Will County and I'm having better luck figuring out who NOT to vote for based on who the local Republican Party endorses.

I'm just trying to prevent chuds from taking over the local school board. I don't even have kids. :sigh:

Is there any voter guides to this stuff? I'm googling names and the office they're running for and mostly not getting poo poo - not even the candidates' own web pages.

Same problem I have with McHenry. These people have no bios and 0 public statements. I can't tell one way or the other.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
I just realized these nazis have a facebook page openly, and they have people I know liking their posts. Ugh. Thankfully I heard not a single attempt at "awake' worked. https://www.facebook.com/AwakeIL/

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Well books are... for liberals and Chicagoans? I guess?

corrected:
The rest of the state is only allowed to work on papyrus and clay slates obviously, in the republican mindset. Gotta bring America back to the 1860s. BCE, that is.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
I don't think I could even consider to go to something like that if they paid me $1,000

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Foxconn basically felt like they were dead in the water immediately. I too hope this isn't the same.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

HootTheOwl posted:

They let Jews in, the wealthy ones and then said "we're full" and became a sundown town

Ah so that's why they have a Sundown foods there? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
To see Bailey lose in the end from a lack of Trump endorsement would be a great lol by itself.