Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

brugroffil posted:

What ever happened with the free school lunch for everyone bill? It passed both houses in May, latest news is that it was sitting with Pritzker to sign it, but I can't find anything recent.

https://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=2471&GAID=17&DocTypeID=HB&SessionID=112&GA=103

Became law a week ago. I hadn't heard of this, I'll need to see how it's implemented or when it starts. It says effective immediately but our school district has said nothing about it, so I'm guessing theres some deviled eggs in the details

Edit: looks like school districts have to voluntarily join the program

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Aug 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Cross posting from the Chicago thread:

Since I'm an old fuddy duddy I got a set of these coins at well over $1 each from the mint. They debuted about a month ago