Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Watching the first season on Netflix and the show's whole vibe feels like the Sims to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Arist posted:

If you haven't seen the finale yet you should probably get out of this thread ASAP

Just finished it and tbh that really only makes it more like The Sims to me. :haw:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Crysis is going in a really weird direction

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

God will be Adam Scott, no changes to his character.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Canned Panda posted:

My two favorite subtle jokes from this episode:

Dax had a fidget spinner

The band at the event in the museum was playing Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer.

And Jason is the best, as always.

I enjoyed Pirates of the Caribbean 6, now playing Forever.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The show would insanely overstay its welcome if it didn't do that though. Like, a whole season of figuring out they're in the loop then another of escaping and so on would just be tedious.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Snooze Cruise posted:

So which hat was the right choice?

The correct answer was to just turn around and leave, unfortunately.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

fruit on the bottom posted:

Thanks to mismanagement and boundless faith in a series of shifty contractors, the Good Place isn’t actually finished and so no one can go there.

T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the Good Place opens!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

cptn_dr posted:

Get Nick Cave to do it imo

Have him dress up as his character from Johnny Suede

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

LividLiquid posted:

Boy, Getting Even with Dad really torpedoed what should've been a sure-thing run as a movie star.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umgUDUxHKfY

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I've been curled up at home with tonsilitis and binged both seasons in a day and a half. Holy crap this show is great you guys.

I was talking to a friend about all the Lost-era shows that would just pile up loads and loads of convoluted twists and turns for no real reason. And then this show comes along and completely blows them out of the water with it's Bad Place twist. Absolutely flawless in build up and execution, and made me want to instantly go back and watch it all again.

Favourite gags:
- Shawn retreating into his cocoon
- Janet pleading for her life
- "Who died and left Aristotle in charge of ethics?" "....Plato"
- The excruciatingly long back and forth over "that the file? not a cactus? you're going to give me a file aren't you?"

Season 2 was maybe a bit weaker in the middle, but the Bad Place montage was amazing, and I want to blow up this shot and put it on my wall:

She's clearly in hell there, but its so adorable.

On rewatch one of my favorite jokes is when Chidi starts to melt down about the hot air balloon and Tahani asks if he usually does that. Eleanor answers "usually, but this one seems to be gaining power." The way she says it is just hilarious to me.

Looks like they pulled S2 off Hulu, I wonder if it'll end up on Netflix like 1 did.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Problematic Pigeon posted:

The episode 12 title sounds like something straight out of Dune.

Starting galactic jihads is extremely unethical. The jury is out on becoming a god-worm though.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MikeJF posted:

After season 2 I'm not willing to make any predictions about the show's direction.

Chidi being the Doom Slayer was a fun twist!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Senor Tron posted:

I just want them to last a whole season without getting their memories wiped.

Jason remembers every reset and becomes prescient.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

PantsBandit posted:

Speaking of the Trolley Problem, is it just me or did Michael's "solution" to the problem make no goddamn sense? He was like "You sacrifice yourself!", only the entire thing is built around having to pick between 1: Staying on your current path or 2: Diverting to another path. There's no option to give your own life instead, it's an entirely different scenario then.

I guess the equivalent is you sabotage the trolley

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

remusclaw posted:

Yeah, my general take on the the Trolley problem has always been, try to Batman. You are probably going to gently caress it up, but you chose to try and save both of them and nobody can find too much fault with that.

Unless you gently caress up and kill both groups and maybe a bystander or two

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The train between Places should just be a trolley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

LividLiquid posted:

Comedy asked the question, "is blackface ever okay," and the answer was a resounding "no."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0L_oJMhcs0

• Locked thread