Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
if you dare

I don't know if BFC is really the place for this, but I'm looking for inspiration for business/calling cards. Can you please post yours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.
how many of the answers to this are you expecting to be american psycho jokes

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Our company is p small and im pretty sure my bosses just found a template like 15 years ago but basically this (modified logo-title and address).

Most important part is good a nice textured matte heavy cardstock (that you can also write on, don't go glossy). I think we've used some local guy (we tried staples but they hosed it up badly last time) but we might try https://www.moo.com or https://www.gotprint.com next time, some of their samples they sent were nice. Unless there's some specific purpose to your cards outside of "hey here's my contact, nice to meet you", mostly just keep it simple and don't get too ostentatious about it, I've seen some super annoying plastic credit card, wood, or other laser cut stuff and I think it's just bad but that's my preference. Really can't mess it up with a fine matte card.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Sep 22, 2017

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
Scars are tattoos with better stories.
I've recently made a switch to texting a contact tailored to my business instead of handing out a business card. I've noticed a HUGE difference in both the number and quality of clients I've been getting. Also, nobody is going to be losing this, and frankly saving the money on printing is wonderful.

Stop living in the 19th century, try a more personal (and permanent touch)

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
my what?

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Sure, let me just find which Goodwill I left my Rolodex in.

Doodlebat
Mar 5, 2003

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

how many of the answers to this are you expecting to be american psycho jokes

Don't worry, I took care of it.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
What do people do with business cards?

I toss them on the unsorted/maybe one day important paper pile on my home desk, never look at them again until 3-12 months from now when I get around to sorting that pile of garbage out, and then toss them into the trash or stick them back on the pile with other things I don't want to throw out yet but don't really care enough about to put anywhere else.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Khorne posted:

I toss them on the unsorted/maybe one day important paper pile on my home desk, never look at them again until 3-12 months from now when I get around to sorting that pile of garbage out, and then toss them into the trash or stick them back on the pile with other things I don't want to throw out yet but don't really care enough about to put anywhere else.

When someone is rude to me I take their business card and keep it in a rolodex for the next time I need meal ingredients for a dinner party.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I'm about to have a couple weeks off in which I enter mother fuckers in to my address book from their business cards while I get drunk and watch tv

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

22 Eargesplitten posted:

When someone is rude to me I take their business card and keep it in a rolodex for the next time I need meal ingredients for a dinner party.

*Pulls out the recipe for a microwave burrito*

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Khorne posted:

I found the Evernote phone app does a decent job of scanning business cards and extracting the info out to add to your contacts.

that having been said, for 99% of business cards I get, I do exactly what you do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

ACRE & EQUAT fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 10, 2018

• Locked thread