Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Boo Triplette!

Yay Rams and Niners! Instant classic no one probably saw cuz it was a tnf game between the Rams and Niners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

seiferguy posted:

Couldn't watch the game because I don't have nfl network, and Amazon video doesn't start streaming till next week. Thanks NFL!

If only there was a thread devoted to how to stream games for free :thunk:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Watch football with honor, friend

I honor my bank account above all things :smug:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

seiferguy posted:

I don't have a computer hooked up to my main TV :shrug: I only have my ps4 and an antenna.

PS4 browser should work like Darius said, or, do you have a laptop with an HDMI out? You could stream from your laptop output to your TV.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

It was the right call and the right ruling on a game Detroit didn't deserve to win anyway :shrug:

I mean Atlanta didn't deserve to win after gifting those dropped balls for picks and dumb penalties but oh well.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

getting the call wrong initially so that the game ended was the right call, correct

Yea. I wasn't a fan of the refs today. Missed opi on Julio in the end zone. Lang targeting Crawford's helmet stick out to me.

Tbf it did look like a TD upon real-time view didn't it?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Shangri-Law School posted:

"Didn't deserve to win" is the dumbest loving poo poo.

It's true though.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

GobiasIndustries posted:

Deserving to win and having the opportunity to win taken away because of a stupid rule are two very different things. The Lions run defense was terrible, but their offense played well and they picked off Matty Ice a couple times and capitalized on those opportunities. They also engineered what could have been a game winning drive but we'll never know because the refs made the wrong call on the field and the Lions got penalized for said wrong call. That's a poo poo way to end a sporting event.

Very true. I'm just pissed at the dropped balls and dumb penalties which kept Detroit around long enough to win. I'm not saying Detroit isn't good, they very much are, only that Atlanta played like crap which kept the game much closer than it should have been.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Shangri-Law School posted:

Then the Falcons didn't deserve to win by throwing three picks and letting Detroit drive to the 0.5-yard line.

I agree with you. I already said they didn't lol

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

VJeff posted:

Why stop there, maybe they should've thrown a TD on every offensive play and gotten a pick 6 on every defensive play.

They would have won in this scenario friend

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Nobody deserves anything except death

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

GobiasIndustries posted:

Yes. Though I (as a partisan Lions fan) would argue that the ruling on the field should have stood.

And I'll fight you if you show me any video otherwise :colbert:

Tough loss and i didnt mean to minimize Detroit more than I meant to poo poo on my dumb team.

Y'all got a good team, it was an entertaining and stressful game. Good game Lion goons. Sorry for the poo poo ending.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

MrLogan posted:

Having a top 3 center owns.

:hfive:

Alex Mack was one of the best FA signings in the history of FA signings! Having a top end center really makes a huge difference.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

They had 0 timeouts

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Sour Diesel posted:

then i am dumb

Nah, you and Kalli are both right otherwise just not on the number of timeouts :)

It was one of those messed up plays that is just really unfortunate. The whole thing was like this perfect storm of crap for all the stars to align into drama.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Then I was mistaken as well I suppose, the Fox ticker thing had a TO left for the Lions.

They had burned all 3 on the previous Falcon's possession when they forced the punt.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Vhak lord of hate posted:

*punts 4&1 at cowboys 46*
how the.. heck we lose??? it must be that uncalled pi

*misses a thousand throws from 1 yard line*

ahh if only... 7 more seconds...

Not to say the Lions didn't get screwed, they did, but that first pic also takes some liberties to incorrectly depict when his knee was down...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

:fap:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

TheChirurgeon posted:

It's not just that. Romo was always a studious guy and a better passer/reader of defenses than say, Aikman. Dude's got a high football IQ.

Romo is so awesome, I have a legit man crush on the man. And he apparently can turn pro golfer at any time so there's also that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Thx grandpa

• Locked thread